The last two postgame PC

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
This is all true but I would think that even 16 and 17 year olds would think that this is odd behavior. GT celebrating on the field right now is like making out during a funeral...you just don’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt. Drives me crazy as well.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I almost had to stop listening after he went on for about 5 minutes straight about how much our staff had done for TEMPLE, and basically blamed the loss on our players’ lack of talent. If you’re going to talk as much trash about the previous staff as this staff has, you need to back it up on the field. We’re lucky USF managed to play with less discipline than this staff has us playing with or we wouldn’t have even won that one.
We won that one because the refs muffed the goal line call.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I go mad crazy when people say “our talent level is ok.” Football is won or lost at the line of scrimmage. You take Clemsons skill positions and our line and the final result is not that different. The year might be considered a success if our QB doesn’t get killed.

Talent at the line of scrimmage (elite talent and solid depth) is why we aren’t competing for a championship and why we tend to have up then down years.

Our talent isn’t what has us a whisker away from 0-4 with a FCS loss included. What’s maddening is saying our struggles are purely a lack of talent and sucky players though we have great coaching. That’s nonsense.

If our success thus far is kosher with anyone we made the wrong hire. At OC, at HC, and maybe at AD.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
This is all true but I would think that even 16 and 17 year olds would think that this is odd behavior. GT celebrating on the field right now is like making out during a funeral...you just don’t do it.

You would think wrong.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You would think wrong.

Nope. I don’t believe that most of the recruits worth having would pick GT over another school so they can win a dance off or watch it rain Monopoly money.

LibertyTurns

Banned
What are they going to say any different than did this summer?

Honestly, the pros still outweigh the cons for recruit.
It’s obviously just anecdotal but I normally get fans of other teams recapping the weekend with a short mention of GT football at staff on Monday morning for about 2-3 mins unless it’s a bigger game (Clemp, ND, FSU, da U, Mutt) then I’ll get a hardcore other team fan onsite make a comment good, bad or indifferent making my rounds. Pre-season/off-season I might get an occasional “How’s recruiting going?” Obviously a coaching change brings on additional yapping. I’d get some texts on Saturdays when our score got flashed up. Damn, I’m getting pounded now. Casual observers think we’ve given up on D1 football.

Early on it was “Hey, you guys going to start playing a real offense?” And “Hey, glad to see that $%^&* triple option gone. Too tough to defend, etc”. A few “You guys are really going to miss Johnson”.

Late spring I started hearing “Your coach is one strange dude”, “Whaddayah make of your new coach?”, “You guys for real”, “You see that latest twitter?” followed by some chuckling.

Now I’m getting “Your new coach is worse than da U or Tennessee, even maybe FSU”, “Man you guys suck”, “How the hell did you get so bad so fast?”

You don’t think recruits are thinking the same thing? I missed the unmentionable years after Ross, but I’ve certainly seen the highs and lows of GT football. This one’s going to be interesting for sure. CGC elevated our profile, unfortunately maybe that’s not such a good thing in hind sight.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The video available on that play wasn't conclusive. You can't tell when he lost possession of the ball. It would have stood whether they called it a TD or a fumble.
Roddy Jones said it was a td and he played for GT. Even if it was a fumble we won by sheer luck by the skin of our teeth to another really really bad team.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Amen. Vegas called it and people still have a hard time coming to the realization that this is an instance where they may not be the smartest person in the room and they fall on their sword defending to the death.

Vegas makes point spreads based on a lot of inputs. Including coaching. Maybe they know more about our coaching than you do. What’s their prognostication for the next 4 years?(n) What’s our chances of winning the ACC in the next 4?

I bet whatever those odds were preseason...they are a lot longer now.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Nope. I don’t believe that most of the recruits worth having would pick GT over another school so they can win a dance off or watch it rain Monopoly money.

And it's not going to turn recruits who would otherwise come here away either.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
"Look, I told you so!" "They suck and this is going to be ugly for a long time "!

Every game is ammunition for other schools.

I hate it.

Coach Collins is in over his head. This is bad. If anyone is to stubborn to identify this, it's sad.

This year is a waste. Don't let the following years be like this.

Call me stubborn.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Vegas makes point spreads based on a lot of inputs. Including coaching. Maybe they know more about our coaching than you do. What’s their prognostication for the next 4 years?(n) What’s our chances of winning the ACC in the next 4?

Vegas generates a line to achieve nearly equal betting on both sides, nothing else. The line moves according to the betting.

There are Vegas experts good at determining when/where the line is incorrect & they can help you win more often than lose. These are 2 completely different things.

We were a 7 win team. All things being equal we’d win 6-8 games this year. We had a Head Coach retire and changed out the entire staff. A new staff should not contribute to more than 3 losses, it really shouldn’t. It appears they may Engineer 6, that’s quite a feat and rarely accomplished.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
On The Citadel depth chart, the DLine had one guy who was 302. The backup NG was 270. The starting DTs were 255 and 215. The backup DTs were 242 and 245. Exactly whose talent was better that day, their DLine or GT's OLine?

Their Center was 295, both guards were right at 285, and both tackles were 250 or under. That is smaller than GT's OL the last few years. Exactly whose talent was better on that day their OLine or GT's DLine?

Going by your statement, we should have won that game just based on the OLine and Dline.

And yet...we never led...at any point in the game. And we were lucky to get into OT.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow

I got a 4 year prognostication, 10-38, if everything continues as is.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Frankly I'd like to see a little honesty from Collins in the weekly conference on how he plans on fixing this mess. He really hyped things up pre season and it's not turning out as good as it should. Most of us expected nto be bad this season, but not this bad and not seeing any week to week progress is an issue with the oline
Collins didn't have this bad of an issue at Temple his first year so why is it so much worse here

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Frankly I'd like to see a little honesty from Collins in the weekly conference on how he plans on fixing this mess. He really hyped things up pre season and it's not turning out as good as it should. Most of us expected nto be bad this season, but not this bad and not seeing any week to week progress is an issue with the oline
Collins didn't have this bad of an issue at Temple his first year so why is it so much worse here

You’re question begging. You assume he has an answer. He doesn’t. He has no answers, and I’m increasingly convinced he has no clue.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
He’s getting defensive, and if our performance is any indication, he’s gonna get run all over.
And that's not good but I wanna bet this might be the first time in his head coaching career that this kind of pressure is being put on him. He's a salesman, a good one at that but part of that is being able to take the heat when the plan doesn't go as planned. He was good at hyping things but hasn't been good when things start not working.
He may have a 5 year plan on how to get the program to where it needs to be but you also need to back up and realize when the plan takes a bad course

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
And that's not good but I wanna bet this might be the first time in his head coaching career that this kind of pressure is being put on him. He's a salesman, a good one at that but part of that is being able to take the heat when the plan doesn't go as planned. He was good at hyping things but hasn't been good when things start not working.
He may have a 5 year plan on how to get the program to where it needs to be but you also need to back up and realize when the plan takes a bad course

I really want to see the evidence that he’s as good a salesman as people think. If someone can point me in that direction, I’d be grateful.