The last two postgame PC

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
When I listened to him in the presser, he seems so out of touch with what is going on around him. Talks about what he did at Temple and then says that GT is going to be a great football team. Doesn’t take any responsibility for anything in the game nor give any reasons or how we are going to be a great football. Sounds like a 16 year talking about how great he is.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
And that's not good but I wanna bet this might be the first time in his head coaching career that this kind of pressure is being put on him. He's a salesman, a good one at that but part of that is being able to take the heat when the plan doesn't go as planned. He was good at hyping things but hasn't been good when things start not working.
He may have a 5 year plan on how to get the program to where it needs to be but you also need to back up and realize when the plan takes a bad course

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I have a bad feeling that he has no pressure being put on him. Will not even feel it for 3 to 4 more years.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It may be too soon to speak like this, be it knee jerk reaction or just a sudden suspicion...

I’m worried we hired a pansie as a HC. Zero aggression during games. Zero football smarts. Zero clock management. Terrible and careless use of timeouts. I started the season positive, expecting bumps along the road. But what we’ve seen in 4 games isn’t much to boast about. At all.

And before someone jumps in...I’m aware our O line is in shambles. We have no real qb. Defense has been okay. Say whatever but the coach has to be held accountable. CPJ sure was. Trust me, I was one of them. I agree a change was needed.

The only thing so far he’s good at is getting kids committed and press conferences. I’m willing to wait a few more years but this is ridiculous no matter how you slice it.

Over the years, I've watched teams come into BDS (Wofford in 2014, Mercer in 2016) that were clearly outsized and outtalented and GT ended up winning fairly comfortably, but you could tell by watching them that they were well-coached, prepared, and played with discipline. Their coaches' in-game decisions may not have panned out, but they weren't head scratchers. They just got beat by a team with much better talent. Then there were the teams with little talent but coupled with sub-standard coaching like Alcorn State and Alabama A&M where GT could have named the score.

We look more like the latter group this season than the former and that is what concerns me. A grab bag of offensive plays that don't build on each other, players that aren't put into positions to utilize what they are actually good at, atrocious clock management, undisciplined play, emotions getting the better of players, veteran players missing run fits or blocking assignments, lack of conditioning and/or effort. None of these can be laid at the feet of substandard talent or "offensive transition" and but are signs of inadequate or substandard coaching. I hope CGC and his merry band of sidekicks can grow into the job, but I see no reason to hope that will happen at this point.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Much of what I've seen in these pressers isn't much different than cpjs after a good beating
Defensive , arrogant etc.. people complained then and it's no different now
I just think that Collins frankly hyped things up and now he's in a spot where it's not showing.
He can say that the coaches see improvements but realistically the only thing fans and media look at is the win / loss area and stupid mistakes

If Collins can just take a step back, tone down on the hype and talk about this being an epic transition,.and get back to talking about what they are doing to right things that would be better

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Remember we had to kick a FG to tie to go into OT and the Citadel coach calls a timeout right when our kicker kicks and it goes wide right, thus, giving him a second chance which he almost misses again.

That was a practice kick all the way. They called the timeout and the whistle blew before the center snapped the ball. I don't think they were actually ready, I think the center snapped the ball on the whistle so they could get the free practice kick.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
That was a practice kick all the way. They called the timeout and the whistle blew before the center snapped the ball. I don't think they were actually ready, I think the center snapped the ball on the whistle so they could get the free practice kick.
Ok, maybe I interpreted it wrong, but thankfully just a practice kick, although, it didn’t matter in the end.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Ok, maybe I interpreted it wrong, but thankfully just a practice kick, although, it didn’t matter in the end.

I don't know what it looked like on TV. I saw it from the North End Zone. I saw the coach calling for timeout, the ref blowing the whistle, then the snap, and I think the hold was slow and King kind or jogged through the kick.(But I could be wrong about that part)

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
The BS meter started going off for me when he started talking about how when he was growing up, tech was always in the top 25, and winning championships.

Uh, no.

Only moment in the 80s was what, 1985?

Then there was 1990.

Then 98-00 were pretty good.

So, no. We don't have a long history of that. His implication was we used to be awesome, but then we sucked under that damn option, and he's gonna return us to glory.

I mean, dude, drop the option, whatever. You're your own man. Do your thing. But you can't act like we had zero success with an orange bowl win, acc championship, etc.

You could at least acknowledge that those things happened, and that you intend to build on that, and take us to greater heights.

Anyway, just rubbed me the wrong way. Might be cool stuff to tell a recruit, but it was total bs.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Remember we had to kick a FG to tie to go into OT and the Citadel coach calls a timeout right when our kicker kicks and it goes wide right, thus, giving him a second chance which he almost misses again.
So we were lucky because our kicker almost missed an easy FG. And I agree with the comment above. The first kick is irrelevant.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what it looked like on TV. I saw it from the North End Zone. I saw the coach calling for timeout, the ref blowing the whistle, then the snap, and I think the hold was slow and King kind or jogged through the kick.(But I could be wrong about that part)
You’re not wrong

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m sorry, I don’t have the interest to go digging through Twitter to find **** that popped up on my timeline during the game. If you don’t know how the Twitter algorithm works, I can explain it to you. It doesn’t just show tweets from people you follow, it shows tweets that might interest you based on who you follow/what hashtags you like etc. Often during live events, you are bombarded with tweets and comments by people you don’t know/follow that are commenting on what you are commenting on. So no, I can’t tell you who exactly said what because I didn’t like the tweets or retweet them, nor do I follow those people.

I mention it because it’s something negatively being said about our team on a platform that recruits use heavily.

Well Mr. White21 I gave up Twitter long before I knew it would be popular. Since you brought up locker room issues I’d like to know what you were referring to, sounds reasonable to me, you read them I figured you might remember one or two. sorry I asked you to speak to an issue that you brought up.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well Mr. White21 I gave up Twitter long before I knew it would be popular. Since you brought up locker room issues I’d like to know what you were referring to, sounds reasonable to me, you read them I figured you might remember one or two. sorry I asked you to speak to an issue that you brought up.

He answered it already. Go back and re-read them instead of trying to get a cheap shot in. When you can’t understand the parts where he explained how twitter feeds work...stick a pin in that portion and ask a friend who knows about twitter to explain it to you.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
He answered it already. Go back and re-read them instead of trying to get a cheap shot in. When you can’t understand the parts where he explained how twitter feeds work...stick a pin in that portion and ask a friend who knows about twitter to explain it to you.

Whiskey why don't you read his responses and tell me what’s he’s talking about that’s being said in the locker room ?

Here are his post prior to the post where he is telling me he doesn’t know or remember them and wasn’t going to go through them. If you see an answer point it out !

He’s in over his head. If he survives long enough to get his guys in, he may be successful, but it’s clear he’s in over his head in regard to this transition.

There are already rumors of locker room trouble, btw.

It’s been mentioned on Twitter by a few younger fans who seem to be tight with players. Could easily be frustrated fans making **** up to stir the pot, though.

I’m definitely giving Coach the benefit of the doubt on that issue. The on the field issues? I’m more inclined to point the finger at him.

You gonna talk ****, quote me.

I said where I saw it. Never said it was true.

Thanks Whiskey but I wasn’t trying to get in a cheap shot in, I wanted to know what was said about locker room unhappiness that he said he saw and which he spoke of. Don’t really know why you are on me but like I said if you see an example of something said I’ll shut up. BTW Are you a moderator now or what ?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
It’s obviously just anecdotal but I normally get fans of other teams recapping the weekend with a short mention of GT football at staff on Monday morning for about 2-3 mins unless it’s a bigger game (Clemp, ND, FSU, da U, Mutt) then I’ll get a hardcore other team fan onsite make a comment good, bad or indifferent making my rounds. Pre-season/off-season I might get an occasional “How’s recruiting going?” Obviously a coaching change brings on additional yapping. I’d get some texts on Saturdays when our score got flashed up. Damn, I’m getting pounded now. Casual observers think we’ve given up on D1 football.

Early on it was “Hey, you guys going to start playing a real offense?” And “Hey, glad to see that $%^&* triple option gone. Too tough to defend, etc”. A few “You guys are really going to miss Johnson”.

Late spring I started hearing “Your coach is one strange dude”, “Whaddayah make of your new coach?”, “You guys for real”, “You see that latest twitter?” followed by some chuckling.

Now I’m getting “Your new coach is worse than da U or Tennessee, even maybe FSU”, “Man you guys suck”, “How the hell did you get so bad so fast?”

You don’t think recruits are thinking the same thing? I missed the unmentionable years after Ross, but I’ve certainly seen the highs and lows of GT football. This one’s going to be interesting for sure. CGC elevated our profile, unfortunately maybe that’s not such a good thing in hind sight.

Wow! I couldn’t have had a different experience. For example just last week my son plays soccer with a kid whose dad works with Quincy Avery who trains elite qb’s across the southeast. He told me after the Citadel loss to just give Collins time because he will bring in elite recruits. Those were his exact words. He also talked about how difficult the transition is from what we were doing and said it’s a shame some people don’t understand it.

This is similar to what I’ve heard across the board by people who are plugged into the HS scene.