The last two postgame PC

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Technut1990

You seemed to have missed this one.

I’m sorry, I don’t have the interest to go digging through Twitter to find **** that popped up on my timeline during the game. If you don’t know how the Twitter algorithm works, I can explain it to you. It doesn’t just show tweets from people you follow, it shows tweets that might interest you based on who you follow/what hashtags you like etc. Often during live events, you are bombarded with tweets and comments by people you don’t know/follow that are commenting on what you are commenting on. So no, I can’t tell you who exactly said what because I didn’t like the tweets or retweet them, nor do I follow those people.

I mention it because it’s something negatively being said about our team on a platform that recruits use heavily.

Glad to help. No not a mod. But you’ve been picking at this point repeatedly even after clarifications. He already admitted it’s social media hearsay.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Wow! I couldn’t have had a different experience. For example just last week my son plays soccer with a kid whose dad works with Quincy Avery who trains elite qb’s across the southeast. He told me after the Citadel loss to just give Collins time because he will bring in elite recruits. Those were his exact words. He also talked about how difficult the transition is from what we were doing and said it’s a shame some people don’t understand it.

This is similar to what I’ve heard across the board by people who are plugged into the HS scene.
If you are asking fans to have no expectations for the next few years because improvement is impossible without elite recruits then I’m not sure why I should even tune in. When should I come back? 2022?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Wow! I couldn’t have had a different experience. For example just last week my son plays soccer with a kid whose dad works with Quincy Avery who trains elite qb’s across the southeast. He told me after the Citadel loss to just give Collins time because he will bring in elite recruits. Those were his exact words. He also talked about how difficult the transition is from what we were doing and said it’s a shame some people don’t understand it.

This is similar to what I’ve heard across the board by people who are plugged into the HS scene.
I’m not in the Atlanta area so there’s no allegiance to GT, just a bunch of rabid college football fans that have a wide variety of favorite teams. The only reason GT even comes up is because of me or if we’re having a notable year good or bad. Believe me there’s no holding back when the guys & women get started. They’ll tell you exactly what’s on their mind, their team or yours. Yeah, every once in a while I get the “give him some time” but flip it around. Mutt had Donnan and Goof & GT fans and damn near everyone else would have been more than happy to let them take their time letting those dumb bastards learn on the job.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
@Technut1990

You seemed to have missed this one.

Glad to help. No not a mod. But you’ve been picking at this point repeatedly even after clarifications. He already admitted it’s social media hearsay.

Whiskey I’ve made exactly 2 post about the matter on this blog subject, one asking what they said and one responding to him saying he wasn’t going to look it up or track it. Others have been arguing with him maybe you didn’t look at the names in the post of those arguing with him, but it hasn’t been me.

I asked for specific info and he responded to me with the post that you say I missed.

Oddly enough you are wrong on that too, here is what I said in my last post to you on the subject

Here are his post prior to the post where he is telling me he doesn’t know or remember them and wasn’t going to go through them. If you see an answer point it out !

The bold and underlined is a reference to the post you said that I missed. The post in which he is lecturing me on how twitter works rather than simply saying he doesn’t have the very context he spoke about.

Maybe you should read all the post and look at whose posting. I simply asked what people were saying so I could read them, out of an interest on what was being said. For the record this is my 4th posting this subject - two of which are to you, not him.

So no, didn’t miss anything but thanks for your help.

Scubapro

Banned
I need to see improvement. That's it. Just a lil bit of improvement.

Complete your high percentage passes, hit somebody in the mouth and get some turnovers and convert them into points. No more struggle bus football boys!
Agreed...currently the coaches and players act like they dont know what in the heck they are doing.
Everyone understands Tech needs more talent.
Yes, this year was gonna be difficult
BUT
The offensive game planning look like something cooked up by Chef Boy r Dee
There was no, zero, nada, zilch, improvement from the Citadel game to the Temple game...in two weeks...you could make the case they got worse.
Just play like you have purpose
Have a solid plan and coach it
Make incremental improvements each week

flygtfly

Georgia Tech Fan
I listened to some of the presser and had to quit. He seems out of touch with what is going around him instead of hitting things straight on. I feel as a leader he should at least take some blame for the losses, instead of acting we like we are suppose to lose every game this year. It is like they came in and said because of the last regime we won’t be successful for a while and I don’t fully buy that. He needs to start wearing his hat where we can see his eyes when he talks too (this part is a joke, but really man, don’t wear your cap like a 18 year old, which sometimes I’m afraid he thinks he is in his role as a Division 1 head coach).

He did take some of the blame for the loss. He boasted about recruiting all the elite talent that Temple has on their roster. That's kind of like blaming yourself for getting your *** beat like a rented mule.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
He did take some of the blame for the loss. He boasted about recruiting all the elite talent that Temple has on their roster. That's kind of like blaming yourself for getting your *** beat like a rented mule.

See the first post in this thread and see is only responsible for 4 out of 22 players.

Maybe he did not recruit all the elite athletes he is bragging about.

Maybe he did just got his "*** beat like a rented mule" by a better coached team

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Whiskey I’ve made exactly 2 post about the matter on this blog subject, one asking what they said and one responding to him saying he wasn’t going to look it up or track it. Others have been arguing with him maybe you didn’t look at the names in the post of those arguing with him, but it hasn’t been me.

I asked for specific info and he responded to me with the post that you say I missed.

Oddly enough you are wrong on that too, here is what I said in my last post to you on the subject

The bold and underlined is a reference to the post you said that I missed. The post in which he is lecturing me on how twitter works rather than simply saying he doesn’t have the very context he spoke about.

Maybe you should read all the post and look at whose posting. I simply asked what people were saying so I could read them, out of an interest on what was being said. For the record this is my 4th posting this subject - two of which are to you, not him.

So no, didn’t miss anything but thanks for your help.

Yeah you referenced the post I said you missed because you didn’t seem to understand it.

Animal02

Banned
The BS meter started going off for me when he started talking about how when he was growing up, tech was always in the top 25, and winning championships.

Uh, no.

Only moment in the 80s was what, 1985?

Then there was 1990.

Then 98-00 were pretty good.

So, no. We don't have a long history of that. His implication was we used to be awesome, but then we sucked under that damn option, and he's gonna return us to glory.

I mean, dude, drop the option, whatever. You're your own man. Do your thing. But you can't act like we had zero success with an orange bowl win, acc championship, etc.

You could at least acknowledge that those things happened, and that you intend to build on that, and take us to greater heights.

Anyway, just rubbed me the wrong way. Might be cool stuff to tell a recruit, but it was total bs.
He has been passive aggressive from day one.
See the first post in this thread and see is only responsible for 4 out of 22 players.

Maybe he did not recruit all the elite athletes he is bragging about.

Maybe he did just got his "*** beat like a rented mule" by a better coached team
The spin being put out by the imbibing apologists is getting nauseating.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I've stated my positions on the previous coach and the current coach and I won't do that again. I will say what I was told the admin was looking for in a new coach.
1. Relate to 18 year olds. I think CGC does that, actually
2. Understand Tech and all it encompasses. I think he does that, too.
3. Is someone of high character. I think he is for the most part too.
He was also told we will not retreat from our standards (i.e., we are not looking to be a factory. We will win with class and if we can't win with class and integrity then we will lose with class and integrity)
There is one question the interview committee had that couldn't be answered at the time.
It was...
Can Geoff Collins win football games?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah you referenced the post I said you missed because you didn’t seem to understand it.

Whiskey I have no idea why you jumped me on this at all. I posted 2 post on the subject, hardly "picking at this point repeatedly even after clarifications". I understood his response to be what it was. Thanks for your concern, you are a good man !

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

Bleed Gold and White said :

It’s been mentioned on Twitter by a few younger fans who seem to be tight with players. Could easily be frustrated fans making **** up to stir the pot, though.

I’m definitely giving Coach the benefit of the doubt on that issue. The on the field issues? I’m more inclined to point the finger at him.

I asked him to tell me what was being said

Then tell us what it said or link it. Why bring it up if you can’t say or share ?

That’s like a girl I use to date !

his response was that he wasn't interested in telling me what was said

"I’m sorry, I don’t have the interest to go digging through Twitter to find **** that popped up on my timeline during the game. If you don’t know how the Twitter algorithm works, I can explain it to you. It doesn’t just show tweets from people you follow, it shows tweets that might interest you based on who you follow/what hashtags you like etc. Often during live events, you are bombarded with tweets and comments by people you don’t know/follow that are commenting on what you are commenting on. So no, I can’t tell you who exactly said what because I didn’t like the tweets or retweet them, nor do I follow those people.

I mention it because it’s something negatively being said about our team on a platform that recruits use heavily.

clearly he could have paraphrased what he saw being said, He decided to lecture me on how Twitter works then you jumped in to defend him for some reason, accusing me of picking at him several times. Your perspective is perplexing.

I noticed that you jumped to his defense when 2 other posters questioned his statement, I guess you decided to make me responsible for everyone who asked him to tell us what was said.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Bleed Gold and White said :

I asked him to tell me what was being said

his response was that he wasn't interested in telling me what was said

"I’m sorry, I don’t have the interest to go digging through Twitter to find **** that popped up on my timeline during the game. If you don’t know how the Twitter algorithm works, I can explain it to you. It doesn’t just show tweets from people you follow, it shows tweets that might interest you based on who you follow/what hashtags you like etc. Often during live events, you are bombarded with tweets and comments by people you don’t know/follow that are commenting on what you are commenting on. So no, I can’t tell you who exactly said what because I didn’t like the tweets or retweet them, nor do I follow those people.

clearly he could have paraphrased what he saw being said, He decided to lecture me on how Twitter works then you jumped in to defend him for some reason, accusing me of picking at him several times. Your perspective is perplexing.

I noticed that you jumped to his defense when 2 other posters questioned his statement, I guess you decided to make me responsible for everyone who asked him to tell us what was said.

Nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk