The last two postgame PC

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I’m kind of concerned with CGC last two PC in how in relates to him as a HC. After the citadel game he talked about how the ref said something that he clearly didn’t say. Forget about the fact that he should know the rules, the ref clearly stated the clock would start on the ready to play. You can’t say that he was told something different because his excuse in the PC stated something to the effect “everyone in the stadium heard him”, so he was clearly talking about the head ref.
Issue two, after the temple loss , he starts talking about about how great their roster is and how how he and the staff can scout, recruit, and develop talent. I do have a problem with him trying to build himself up after you lose. It was almost as he is trying to take credit for their win. But that is beside the point, he made it sound like they were mostly players he scouted and recruited to Temple. I can’t find it but Someone here asked one of the Temple fan that came on the board this week before Saturday’s game “how many starters did CGC recruit”. The Temple fan said 2. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/temple/91970 According to this, the breakdown is on O RS SR 2, SR 1, RS JR 6, JR 0, RS SO 0, SO 2, RS FR 0, FR 0. On D you have RS SR AND GR 4, SR 3, RS JR 2,JR 1, RS SO 1, SO 0, RS FR 0, FR 0. CGC was there 17 and 18 and you could say most of the freshman this year are his recruits. So all the freshman and sophomore players are his recruits. 2 guys on the starting 22, but let’s be Generous and say that even though he took the job on Dec 13 he had a hand in those players. So you can add RS So and JR, for 2 more players. At BEST he is responsible for 4 out the starting 22. The way he talked you would have thought at least half the guys were his recruits. I know coaches will give BS/coach speak answer to questions in a PC, but this is on a different level and IF again I said IF this continues and IF it is happening in the locker room, then the players will see through his BS. Let’s just caulk it up to not thinking straight after two frustrating loses and hope this trend doesn’t continue cause if it does it will be very ugly.

Deleted member 2897

I’m kind of concerned with CGC last two PC in how in relates to him as a HC. After the citadel game he talked about how the ref said something that he clearly didn’t say. Forget about the fact that he should know the rules, the ref clearly stated the clock would start on the ready to play. You can’t say that he was told something different because his excuse in the PC stated something to the effect “everyone in the stadium heard him”, so he was clearly talking about the head ref.
Issue two, after the temple loss , he starts talking about about how great their roster is and how how he and the staff can scout, recruit, and develop talent. I do have a problem with him trying to build himself up after you lose. It was almost as he is trying to take credit for their win. But that is beside the point, he made it sound like they were mostly players he scouted and recruited to Temple. I can’t find it but Someone here asked one of the Temple fan that came on the board this week before Saturday’s game “how many starters did CGC recruit”. The Temple fan said 2. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/temple/91970 According to this, the breakdown is on O RS SR 2, SR 1, RS JR 6, JR 0, RS SO 0, SO 2, RS FR 0, FR 0. On D you have RS SR AND GR 4, SR 3, RS JR 2,JR 1, RS SO 1, SO 0, RS FR 0, FR 0. CGC was there 17 and 18 and you could say most of the freshman this year are his recruits. So all the freshman and sophomore players are his recruits. 2 guys on the starting 22, but let’s be Generous and say that even though he took the job on Dec 13 he had a hand in those players. So you can add RS So and JR, for 2 more players. At BEST he is responsible for 4 out the starting 22. The way he talked you would have thought at least half the guys were his recruits. I know coaches will give BS/coach speak answer to questions in a PC, but this is on a different level and IF again I said IF this continues and IF it is happening in the locker room, then the players will see through his BS. Let’s just caulk it up to not thinking straight after two frustrating loses and hope this trend doesn’t continue cause if it does it will be very ugly.

Well, he also said our program is in a major rebuild when it’s not.....well, it probably will be after his first season is over.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if this is the first time he has been under this kind of heat or pressure now that things aren't exactly working out to plan and this is the way he.reacts . Cpj if I remember was quite like that

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I listened to some of the presser and had to quit. He seems out of touch with what is going around him instead of hitting things straight on. I feel as a leader he should at least take some blame for the losses, instead of acting we like we are suppose to lose every game this year. It is like they came in and said because of the last regime we won’t be successful for a while and I don’t fully buy that. He needs to start wearing his hat where we can see his eyes when he talks too (this part is a joke, but really man, don’t wear your cap like a 18 year old, which sometimes I’m afraid he thinks he is in his role as a Division 1 head coach).

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
He’s in over his head. If he survives long enough to get his guys in, he may be successful, but it’s clear he’s in over his head in regard to this transition.

There are already rumors of locker room trouble, btw.
What are you talking about? It's not that I don't believe you, it's just the first that I've heard of it.

GT_EE78

Banned
Well, he also said our program is in a major rebuild when it’s not.....well, it probably will be after his first season is over.
Well he hasn't yet said the transition is more monumental than the post WW2 Europe rebuild.
Maybe it's a positive that he could potentially sell the crew of the Titanic on singing and dancing for an extra half hour before .......
(unless its a concern that he might try)

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I listened to some of the presser and had to quit. He seems out of touch with what is going around him instead of hitting things straight on. I feel as a leader he should at least take some blame for the losses, instead of acting we like we are suppose to lose every game this year. It is like they came in and said because of the last regime we won’t be successful for a while and I don’t fully buy that. He needs to start wearing his hat where we can see his eyes when he talks too (this part is a joke, but really man, don’t wear your cap like a 18 year old, which sometimes I’m afraid he thinks he is in his role as a Division 1 head coach).
I almost had to stop listening after he went on for about 5 minutes straight about how much our staff had done for TEMPLE, and basically blamed the loss on our players’ lack of talent. If you’re going to talk as much trash about the previous staff as this staff has, you need to back it up on the field. We’re lucky USF managed to play with less discipline than this staff has us playing with or we wouldn’t have even won that one.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will wait to see what cgc is saying in press conference in 2 or 3 years.
It surely will be about how talented we are and how well the staff has trained them up. If not .......

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What are you talking about? It's not that I don't believe you, it's just the first that I've heard of it.

It’s been mentioned on Twitter by a few younger fans who seem to be tight with players. Could easily be frustrated fans making **** up to stir the pot, though.

I’m definitely giving Coach the benefit of the doubt on that issue. The on the field issues? I’m more inclined to point the finger at him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The team is 1-3 and really performing poorly. I imagine there is quite a bit of frustration in the locker room and would surprised it there WEREN'T arguing and turmoil in there. I'd expect it.

Especially when the QB situation is still unresolved this far into the season.