The last two postgame PC

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Bleed Gold and White said :

I asked him to tell me what was being said

his response was that he wasn't interested in telling me what was said

"I’m sorry, I don’t have the interest to go digging through Twitter to find **** that popped up on my timeline during the game. If you don’t know how the Twitter algorithm works, I can explain it to you. It doesn’t just show tweets from people you follow, it shows tweets that might interest you based on who you follow/what hashtags you like etc. Often during live events, you are bombarded with tweets and comments by people you don’t know/follow that are commenting on what you are commenting on. So no, I can’t tell you who exactly said what because I didn’t like the tweets or retweet them, nor do I follow those people.

I mention it because it’s something negatively being said about our team on a platform that recruits use heavily.

clearly he could have paraphrased what he saw being said, He decided to lecture me on how Twitter works then you jumped in to defend him for some reason, accusing me of picking at him several times. Your perspective is perplexing.

I noticed that you jumped to his defense when 2 other posters questioned his statement, I guess you decided to make me responsible for everyone who asked him to tell us what was said.

I said what was said. “there are rumors of locker room trouble” is what was said on Twitter. Nobody other than our President going to start naming names on Twitter. Haha

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I give, you are right GT 05.

Whiskey lets just let it go, if I knew how to delete post I would delete my last 2 -- not worth it

My “nm” meant never mind. I was going to write something to lighten the mood but it didn’t come out right so I erased it and just wrote nm. But I think you’re right to let it go, fwiw. It’s a little thing and I enjoy reading both of your perspectives on things.

Go Jackets!
Go Braves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Bleed Gold and White said :

I asked him to tell me what was being said

his response was that he wasn't interested in telling me what was said

"I’m sorry, I don’t have the interest to go digging through Twitter to find **** that popped up on my timeline during the game. If you don’t know how the Twitter algorithm works, I can explain it to you. It doesn’t just show tweets from people you follow, it shows tweets that might interest you based on who you follow/what hashtags you like etc. Often during live events, you are bombarded with tweets and comments by people you don’t know/follow that are commenting on what you are commenting on. So no, I can’t tell you who exactly said what because I didn’t like the tweets or retweet them, nor do I follow those people.

I mention it because it’s something negatively being said about our team on a platform that recruits use heavily.

clearly he could have paraphrased what he saw being said, He decided to lecture me on how Twitter works then you jumped in to defend him for some reason, accusing me of picking at him several times. Your perspective is perplexing.

I noticed that you jumped to his defense when 2 other posters questioned his statement, I guess you decided to make me responsible for everyone who asked him to tell us what was said.

Didn’t mean to offend. Seemed like you were trying to continue a debate because it was hearsay even though he acknowledged it was hearsay. And I may have confused your posts with other posters statements.

I agree that passing on hearsay is pretty pointless. Apologies to you if I misperceived your points.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m kind of concerned with CGC last two PC in how in relates to him as a HC. After the citadel game he talked about how the ref said something that he clearly didn’t say. Forget about the fact that he should know the rules, the ref clearly stated the clock would start on the ready to play. You can’t say that he was told something different because his excuse in the PC stated something to the effect “everyone in the stadium heard him”, so he was clearly talking about the head ref.
Issue two, after the temple loss , he starts talking about about how great their roster is and how how he and the staff can scout, recruit, and develop talent. I do have a problem with him trying to build himself up after you lose. It was almost as he is trying to take credit for their win. But that is beside the point, he made it sound like they were mostly players he scouted and recruited to Temple. I can’t find it but Someone here asked one of the Temple fan that came on the board this week before Saturday’s game “how many starters did CGC recruit”. The Temple fan said 2. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/temple/91970 According to this, the breakdown is on O RS SR 2, SR 1, RS JR 6, JR 0, RS SO 0, SO 2, RS FR 0, FR 0. On D you have RS SR AND GR 4, SR 3, RS JR 2,JR 1, RS SO 1, SO 0, RS FR 0, FR 0. CGC was there 17 and 18 and you could say most of the freshman this year are his recruits. So all the freshman and sophomore players are his recruits. 2 guys on the starting 22, but let’s be Generous and say that even though he took the job on Dec 13 he had a hand in those players. So you can add RS So and JR, for 2 more players. At BEST he is responsible for 4 out the starting 22. The way he talked you would have thought at least half the guys were his recruits. I know coaches will give BS/coach speak answer to questions in a PC, but this is on a different level and IF again I said IF this continues and IF it is happening in the locker room, then the players will see through his BS. Let’s just caulk it up to not thinking straight after two frustrating loses and hope this trend doesn’t continue cause if it does it will be very ugly.
He also mentioned developing those players, bit everyone seems to be ignoring that looking for reasons to hate.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
He also mentioned developing those players, bit everyone seems to be ignoring that looking for reasons to hate.
Yes he did talk about developing them, but the main point was that he can scout/ identify talent, then recruit to GT. The point I was trying to make was that his claim in terms of scouting and recruiting was mostly not true(at best 4 guys out of the 22). I’m not saying that can or can’t scout and recruit, just that he doesn’t have much history to say that he can. Yes, I know where we are currently ranked in recruiting, but until they sign on the dotted line......it don’t mean:poop:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yes he did talk about developing them, but the main point was that he can scout/ identify talent, then recruit to GT. The point I was trying to make was that his claim in terms of scouting and recruiting was mostly not true(at best 4 guys out of the 22). I’m not saying that can or can’t scout and recruit, just that he doesn’t have much history to say that he can. Yes, I know where we are currently ranked in recruiting, but until they sign on the dotted line......it don’t mean:poop:

You've got to remember that Collins arrived at Temple having spent his whole career down south. His recruiting at Temple doesn't mean much, but to say he hasn't shown he can recruit is just incorrect. People want to quibble about his role in our 2007 class, but the fact is he did enough to get Saban's attention and get hired as Recruiting Coordinator at Bama. He recruited plenty of talent at MS State and Florida, as well. You can be skeptical if you want and just wait and see, but he absolutely has recruited and its a big reason why he is here.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
He's mentioned quite a few things that were not grounded in truth, which is why it is being questioned.....hate has nothing to do with it......honesty does.
I have heard all his PC since being here and I haven't heard anything that is a LIE. Just because his opinion and yours or someone elses is different doesn't make it dishonest. Point is, if we were 4-0 right now and he said all the same things, most people would be agreeing with him Since we are 1-3 people are disagreeing and looking for negatives to talk about. And yes, @TampaGT ,they haven't signed yet, but when's the last time we had even a verbal commit from this high of a class? I'll wait...

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have heard all his PC since being here and I haven't heard anything that is a LIE. Just because his opinion and yours or someone elses is different doesn't make it dishonest. Point is, if we were 4-0 right now and he said all the same things, most people would be agreeing with him Since we are 1-3 people are disagreeing and looking for negatives to talk about. And yes, @TampaGT ,they haven't signed yet, but when's the last time we had even a verbal commit from this high of a class? I'll wait...

I agree with all of your takes, but you obviously have not been around long trying to prove a point to the one you’re arguing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Well gross exaggerations can be considered not truthful and thus lies. There have been gross exaggerations.

But it really doesn’t matter imo. I don’t care for the messaging so I ignore it now. Just win.

Animal02

Banned
Clock issue for one, Tech being ranked all the time when he was growing up was another.....but go ahead and keep ignoring what doesn't fit your narrative, and keep lugging those goal post around.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Clock issue for one, Tech being ranked all the time when he was growing up was another.....but go ahead and keep ignoring what doesn't fit your narrative, and keep lugging those goal post around.

I heard CGC say that about Tech going to bowl games and being ranked while he was growing up. So I decided to look it up. I chose the time frame from when he was 7 until he was 18.
During that span, Tech went to a bowl game.
Not a bowl game every year. A bowl game for that entire stretch.
I also looked up the records too. Longtime Tech fans don't want to be reminded of some of those years, so I'll leave them off, for now.

Animal02

Banned
I heard CGC say that about Tech going to bowl games and being ranked while he was growing up. So I decided to look it up. I chose the time frame from when he was 7 until he was 18.
During that span, Tech went to a bowl game.
Not a bowl game every year. A bowl game for that entire stretch.
I also looked up the records too. Longtime Tech fans don't want to be reminded of some of those years, so I'll leave them off, for now.
I went to Tech from 78-83.....enough said there.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Clock issue was a misunderstanding. And he found the wrong words in the heat of the moment

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have heard all his PC since being here and I haven't heard anything that is a LIE. Just because his opinion and yours or someone elses is different doesn't make it dishonest. Point is, if we were 4-0 right now and he said all the same things, most people would be agreeing with him Since we are 1-3 people are disagreeing and looking for negatives to talk about.

And he found the wrong words in the heat of the moment

I have to disagree. People were concerned about his description of Tech's success in the 80s-90s prior to the start of the season. Since then, he's mischaracterized additional topics - "toughest transition in the history of football," his responsibility for the Temple roster, and the actual words of a referee captured on tape. To me, that type of looseness with the truth raises major alarm bells. But if you want to characterize it as him repeatedly finding the "wrong words in the heat of the moment" then I respectfully submit that head coach of a P5 football program may not be the best job for him.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I have to disagree. People were concerned about his description of Tech's success in the 80s-90s prior to the start of the season. Since then, he's mischaracterized additional topics - "toughest transition in the history of football," his responsibility for the Temple roster, and the actual words of a referee captured on tape. To me, that type of looseness with the truth raises major alarm bells. But if you want to characterize it as him repeatedly finding the "wrong words in the heat of the moment" then I respectfully submit that head coach of a P5 football program may not be the best job for him.

His description of the transition as "monumental" is a matter of opinion, and he is not alone in that opinion, if you read any articles or previews of our upcoming season. Truthfully, he is using "transition" to avoid saying "rebuild" because he is going out of his way not to shade the former staff or current players, which is something people should kind of appreciate, IMO. If we got brutal honesty from him on this topic, believe me, people would be mad.

In talking about Tech's past glory, I have mostly seen him referring to the O'Leary years, in which we were, in fact, ranked at the end of the season for 5 straight years, though it was top 25 rather than top 10.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
His description of the transition as "monumental" is a matter of opinion, and he is not alone in that opinion, if you read any articles or previews of our upcoming season. Truthfully, he is using "transition" to avoid saying "rebuild" because he is going out of his way not to shade the former staff or current players, which is something people should kind of appreciate, IMO. If we got brutal honesty from him on this topic, believe me, people would be mad.

In talking about Tech's past glory, I have mostly seen him referring to the O'Leary years, in which we were, in fact, ranked at the end of the season for 5 straight years, though it was top 25 rather than top 10.
Im actually interested in brutal honesty on any topic. No more spin.