Who do we hire?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I just want someone who will make us better and more exciting, or either of those really. It's tough playing bad and boring. Even if we take a flyer on a young hot assistant who will likely use us as a stepping stone to a bigger job, I don't care because that means we were better for those years.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just want someone who will make us better and more exciting, or either of those really.
We played 31 games this year and 21 of those games had single digit margins. Exciting has not been an issue. In fact, that excitement has been a major source of the frustration I have felt. Of those 21 close games, we won only seven and they were all OOC games. Lack of excitement has not been the problem. Outcomes that justified the excitement has been a huge issue.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We played 31 games this year and 21 of those games had single digit margins. Exciting has not been an issue. In fact, that excitement has been a major source of the frustration I have felt. Of those 21 close games, we won only seven and they were all OOC games. Lack of excitement has not been the problem. Outcomes that justified the excitement has been a huge issue.

Bad basketball is not exciting regardless of the closeness of the score.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow

Not sure you were watching the same games I was watching, far from anything close to exciting. Apathetic is more like it!!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the brand and style CBG likes to play. Its very bland and not very creative. We don't force TOs or fastbreak very often. The offensive end if self explanatory... Awful.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
As someone who has gotten far away from college basketball I'll admit I've not up on coaches Tech may have any interest in but a name the came up is Richard Pitino, I googled him out of curiosity know his lineage but not knowing about his coaching record. 3 years as a head coach, age 32, good tutelage as an assistant. Is he ready for a move? Good fit at Tech? Looking forward to seeing what our basketball folks here have to say!

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Meanwhile, Auburn is still playing.".......

Like him or not, Bruce Pearl is a heck of a coach who can elevate a team. Auburn will be dangerous with the recruiting class they have coming in.

As someone who has gotten far away from college basketball I'll admit I've not up on coaches Tech may have any interest in but a name the came up is Richard Pitino, I googled him out of curiosity know his lineage but not knowing about his coaching record. 3 years as a head coach, age 32, good tutelage as an assistant. Is he ready for a move? Good fit at Tech? Looking forward to seeing what our basketball folks here have to say!

I wouldn't mine having little Ricky here. Don't know if think we can afford him.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Like him or not, Bruce Pearl is a heck of a coach who can elevate a team. Auburn will be dangerous with the recruiting class they have coming in.

I wouldn't mine having little Ricky here. Don't know if think we can afford him.

I like Bruce Pearl. I think it's funny some people, even Tech fans, desperately want to win at Basketball but make fun of Auburn for making the hire. Whose laughing now?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Eh, I'm confident we won't early next week
If Bobinski was going to retain CBG, it would have served a purpose to announce it immediately. That is especially so on a Friday afternoon when there is little else in the news to conflict with whatever story he wanted to tell.

I think Gregory is gone and the delay in announcing is Gregory's time to talk to his wife about their plans before the news is out. In addition to the money, it's a very respectful treatment of a good guy.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
To me the two situations are very different. I can't remember the specifics but I do remember thinking Sampson was a scumbag. I think Pearl got a bad shake. The strides he has made in making Auburn significant again have been monumental in his first, what? 8 months?

What Bruce Pearl has done at Auburn is one of the reasons I want Ben Howland so bad. I honestly don't care what happened his last season and a half at UCLA. This guy will come in and turn this program around in a hurry and play the big boys tough.

image.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe we should pay Ben Howland because he's sitting on a pile of cash from UCLA.

In one of those articles he essentially talked ish that he's ready to coach for free.