Who do we hire?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I like Michael white a lot. Prohm would be a solid choice as well, but I hope whoever we hire can recruit and I hope they won't use us as a stepping stone if they have success in the first 3-5 years

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I like Michael white a lot. Prohm would be a solid choice as well, but I hope whoever we hire can recruit and I hope they won't use us as a stepping stone if they have success in the first 3-5 years
At this point I don't really care if we are a stepping stone for somebody. If someone wants to hire our guy away that means we are probably doing pretty well, and we'd then be hiring from a better place, both in terms of how favorably our job is viewed and financially as well. Yes, the ideal is for the next guy to succeed and stick around but at this point we have to take what we can get.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
At this point I don't really care if we are a stepping stone for somebody. If someone wants to hire our guy away that means we are probably doing pretty well, and we'd then be hiring from a better place, both in terms of how favorably our job is viewed and financially as well. Yes, the ideal is for the next guy to succeed and stick around but at this point we have to take what we can get.
True, I guess that's a good point.

JacketJim

Georgia Tech Fan
I like Michael White and Ron Hunter. Hunter is perhaps my favorite. I think he has charisma, energy, enthusiasm, HC experience, recruits well and coaches well. I really like what he's done at Georgia State in a short period of time. Although he might be a hot name after GSU won the SunBelt Tourney and the Regular Season, I would think we cn make the money work. Even with a bonus for gerring an invte to The Dance, Hunter is making around $600,000. I think there is no buyout. Don't know of course, if we can get him, but it would be crazy not to at least have a conversation. While GSU is a good program, Georgia Tech is, of course, in the ACC. Maybe its just me (probably is) but Hunter and Georgia Tech would almost seem to be a match made in heaven.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting twitter convo from doing a search on Brian Gregory

BTW, I recommend clicking through to this entire twitter conversation. Interesting commentary about White not winning the big game at LA Tech. The mitigant I'd point out is that if he's able to translate his win totals to a job like ours, the sheer inertia of the ACC would carry us in to the tournament regularly.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder how many Tech fans are like me? I normally have my notifications silent, but today I have them turned up all the way. I do not want to miss the announcement.