Who do we hire?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
BTW, I recommend clicking through to this entire twitter conversation. Interesting commentary about White not winning the big game at LA Tech. The mitigant I'd point out is that if he's able to translate his win totals to a job like ours, the sheer inertia of the ACC would carry us in to the tournament regularly.

Yeah...you win the regular season title in the ACC, you go to the Tournament. Heck, you come in 4th during the regular season and you go to the Tournament. I'll even take coming in 5th right now.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
White cannot win the big game? Hell, our coach can't seem to win the little games.

Hey, @dtm1997 gives both sides of the issue. Fair & balanced. ;)

I wonder how many Tech fans are like me? I normally have my notifications silent, but today I have them turned up all the way. I do not want to miss the announcement.

What, the announcement that we're keeping BG? :eek: Nah, seriously though, I'm probably gonna be refreshing this site all day (even more than normal :bucktooth:). Fortunately I have a "light" day so I'll be monitoring all news sources from twitter to carrier pigeon.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey, @dtm1997 gives both sides of the issue. Fair & balanced. ;)

What, the announcement that we're keeping BG? :eek: Nah, seriously though, I'm probably gonna be refreshing this site all day (even more than normal :bucktooth:). Fortunately I have a "light" day so I'll be monitoring all news sources from twitter to carrier pigeon.
Maybe I am wrong, but an announcement we were keeping CBG could have been made anytime. And a vote of confidence that the program was on track and showing improvement would have/could have been nice right after the loss to BC. If we were keeping CBG. Maybe MBob is negotiating with Depaul to take him while we are paying half the buyout. They get a cheap coach and CBG is not out pounding the pavement with his resume getting all rain soaked.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am wrong, but an announcement we were keeping CBG could have been made anytime. And a vote of confidence that the program was on track and showing improvement would have/could have been nice right after the loss to BC. If we were keeping CBG. Maybe MBob is negotiating with Depaul to take him while we are paying half the buyout. They get a cheap coach and CBG is not out pounding the pavement with his resume getting all rain soaked.

Why would we be paying anything if he leaves for Depaul?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Maybe Doug Lipscomb -Jaylen Brown's coach at Wheeler - would be interested in coaching at GT.

Probably could be hired for less than $1MM.