Virginia Tech postgame discussion

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
A little disappointed at first but it ended up being a good crowd at BDS. Shout out to Benson who had a solid game. CPJ and Roof for good play calling. Marshall for having a short memory after throwing that horrendous pick 6. Congrats to Brad Stewart for finally getting his 1st college TD.
Go Jackets!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
A little disappointed at first but it ended up being a good crowd at BDS. Shout out to Benson who had a solid game. CPJ and Roof for good play calling. Marshall for having a short memory after throwing that horrendous pick 6. Congrats to Brad Stewart for finally getting his 1st college TD.
Go Jackets!
Benson has been a great surprise this year. Can't say I was overly optimistic about anything B back after losing Marshall and Mills. Benson has run hard all year and luckily seems to have a hold on his fumbling

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Refs were pretty awful. The PI on 17 in the endzone was a terrible call. So was the no call for 94 humping Marshall after the play. I thought the chop block was pretty weak. And then missing the offensive PI where 17 got shoved all the way to the ground.

Offense seemed like popcorn again. TFL, then wham big plays. Pass pro made a nice step up. Taquon missed some reads and throws but also made some good ones.

On defense Vic is just like Taquon and is a microcosm of the whole team. Sometimes does stuff that makes you scratch your head, and other times makes great plays. Brant was all over the field, I think he's 100% healthy and he had a good game. D line seemed to get more pressure too.

I really like our incoming secondary. Those guys have come up clutch. Idk how Jalen Johnson got that kick return fumble back.
Chop block was legit call. Cooper shoved the guy in the chest while Ivemeyer rolled into his feet. Intentional or not you have to call that.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Both the O & D made plays when they had to. Love that TqM didn't get down after the pick 6. Still, way to many Mistakes that are just plain lack of focus: dropped snap on punt, dropped (fumbled) KO that hits us right in the chest and worst of all, A back moving early and breaking the wrong way that cost is the two point conversion. I won't even include the missed field goal & the drop in the EZ by JC as both of those were marginally physical mistakes. We are talented but not sound. Bottom line for today is we got the win! Let's clean it up & go beat the crap out of the Dookies

Definitely a late throw by Quon, not a drop by Camp.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I think anybody from this board sitting near me could’ve figured out who I was after Brads touchdown. I brought a friend of mine who was actually in Brads class at Benedictine, we couldn’t help but go nuts after his TD. So so so proud of this team..we gave them every opportunity to take the game over, but Roof and his D were phenomenal given the field position they were in. These kind of games make being a Jacket fun. I’m sorry if this post is all over the place.. I still haven’t come down from this high..