Virginia Tech postgame discussion

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Great defense. 16pts allowed. 4-15 on 3rd down. Great job by Brant this week. Helluva job by Roof for staying aggressive putting his trust in Kerr against their #1 to make a play
yea they played well. the only thing that makes me cringe is that 2 man int attempt deflection for a catch that set up a scoring drive but I've come to accept that that kind of bad luck comes with being GT

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I thought VT throwing it on 4th and 1 was stupid. I'll take it. But, running up the middle is just a higher percentage. To add, they were winning the battle of the LOS. When I saw the pass, I scratched my head. However; I will take it. Thankfully, it wasn't a loss due to some weird azz tipped TD.

Winning the LOS????? 36 carries for 105 net yards, 258 total yards for the game. Think you just might to revisit the chokies winning he LOS?

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan
This game is like our UVA. got beat down by a high ranked opponent (Clemson for us, Miami for them) and then disappointing loss vs middle of the road team. Not surprised to see them reacting in the same way as a bunch of people on this board. some things you just see in every fan base

But I like it better when it's them :sneaky:

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I just saw how big the yardage disparity was in the post game box score. Didn't even think about it while watching but I guess they scored once of a really short field and then a pick 6 so it's not like they really moved the ball at all. Didn't realize we put up 400

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Great job by d. Good gameplan and calls by roof. Stayed aggressive the whole game.

I said it vs clemson. U gotta look at kerr to start.
Brant played well today.

12 needs to see the field. I am not sure he got any snaps and thats a shame. Was he injured?

Offense. Eh. Too many mental mistakes.

Sp teams yuck.
I think BJS was out due to injury from last week's game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This game is like our UVA. got beat down by a high ranked opponent (Clemson for us, Miami for them) and then disappointing loss vs middle of the road team. Not surprised to see them reacting in the same way as a bunch of people on this board. some things you just see in every fan base
I think Fuente will get interviewed in December by Tennessee when Butch is cut loose

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Towards the end of the game, they were. I would guess from the DL being a little gassed.

I didn't see it, the stats don't bear it out but I guess anything to try and gig the D and CTR again. Surprised you didn't gripe about the 2 DBs that didn't knock the ball down. Despite your hatred from CTR are you not capable of seeing the VAST improvement in the D this year?

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That 4th and 1 I knew they were gonna take a shot at the endzone. Great for us to snuff that out. Offense and defense played well. D better than O. D would have been better if not for some very ****ty luck (Miami 2.0 on that 4th down pass ). Special teams is our weakness. Outside of our punting better special teams could have won us every game but clemson.