1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Virginia Tech postgame discussion

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by CuseJacket, Nov 11, 2017.

1. bravejason

bravejason Helluva Engineer

That's why it's called the ACC: Another Crappy Call.

2. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

And if you can get GT360, they have a condensed version. I get it on Tuesdays on one of the Fox sport South channels.

3. 1979jacket

1979jacket Helluva Engineer

That push off was so obvious they had to call it - somebody wasn't looking

CHE90, MikeJackets1967 and THWG like this.
  4. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

They missed a bunch of stuff on both sides, but mostly against us. That crew was terrible.

deeeznutz likes this.
  5. gtg609q

gtg609q Georgia Tech Fan

CuseJacket likes this.
  6. YJMD

YJMD Helluva Engineer

That's a really good read. I wonder how much information is possible to pick up on in-game to make adjustments in play-calling. Seems like our offensive scheme would be perfect for having a systematic approach to reading the defense. I know CPJ and staff do this already, but is it just observation or is there a codified approach? Also wonder about communicating info to players while lined up instead of making pre-snap reads up to the players on the field. Essentially, have coaches communicate a formation and play tree, and use those boards to signal in which one based on defensive alignment. I also think we need to vary our snap count more and be more cognizant of variation in timing of snap WRT A-back motion. A lot of plays are busted because of someone defeating an interior block off good timing.

7. Frenchise

Frenchise Helluva Engineer

I thought 23 got blocked in the back, but its more like he was blocked at 4-5 o'clock, rather than 6. The announcer called it a missed tackle? WTF.

8. wreckrod

wreckrod Helluva Engineer

Author to the article is very fair for the most part. If you read down the comments he even defends a lot of our blocking, but saying there were 6 uncalled chop blocks is kinda hysterical.

I think VT fans obsession with how we block stems from us beating them more than anything. They gotta find something to blame it on just like we do when we lose. If refs saw all of the stuff that we supposedly do they'd see tons more stuff that other teams do.

9. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Yes, just like some of our fans want to blame the close losses on our team " losing focus" or the head coach not playing a backup qb

10. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

After watching that fake I thought that Keshun could have been the "TE that Paul never had". :)

11. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

guys who say things like that should be immediately challenged: 10 years, how many knees? take all the time you want. But the answer is zero. I can accept some of that boorish behavior by Johnson just knowing people like VT feel it worse.

12. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

WWE was filmed at Philips Monday night and he was there.

13. GTpdm

GTpdm Helluva Engineer

Who would have guessed that Cutcliffe regularly posts on the VT boards...;)

Animal02, Eastman and GTfan4Life like this.
  14. alagold

alagold Helluva Engineer

wow, what a great analysis
    I didn't see the game so seeing the plays was very interesting to me
    what did jump out at me was--on our 2 TD passes , TM threw perfect passes hitting guys IN STRIDE while the vt QB threw a tad short in that last play which helped Kerr a lot

tmhunter52 likes this.
  15. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

He almost overthrew Ricky again as Ricky had to really stretch/reach for the ball. Great job making the grab and keeping his feet. Now the toss to Brad was spot on perfect!

deeeznutz likes this.
  16. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

Not sure if this was mentioned but I think this was the first time GT has beat VT in back to back years since being in the ACC.

17. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

The starting QB position was not determined during the off-season last year. One thing that should happen over the off season coming up is TM practicing one on one with receivers on their own - unofficially...... that hopefully will make a difference next year with regard to timing on routes etc.

UgaBlows likes this.