Virginia Tech postgame discussion

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Brant played well so I have no hard feelings at him getting the start, after all he is still more "sound" than Bruce Swilling. However, I didn't see swilling on the field once (I could have missed him) but after last week he atleast deserved some playing if he didn't get any.

On a side note the D played great. ST was so so, offense looked good minus the pick 6. Remember this is a D (VT) that allows under 14 per game.

Jmonty71

Banned
I didn't see it, the stats don't bear it out but I guess anything to try and gig the D and CTR again. Surprised you didn't gripe about the 2 DBs that didn't knock the ball down. Despite your hatred from CTR are you not capable of seeing the VAST improvement in the D this year?
No. I have said that the D has improved. However; there are improvement opportunities. I think we are thin on the DLine and don't have the personnel to just switch out. Ie; why we get gassed. The LB corps is the area where we need the most improvements. But, the play calling is much more aggressive and that I like.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Looking ahead to Duke, I see they played Army today. I find it such a coincidence that the ACC scheduled Duke's game with Tech the very week after Duke played a triple-option-running military academy.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Refs were pretty awful. The PI on 17 in the endzone was a terrible call. So was the no call for 94 humping Marshall after the play. I thought the chop block was pretty weak. And then missing the offensive PI where 17 got shoved all the way to the ground.

Offense seemed like popcorn again. TFL, then wham big plays. Pass pro made a nice step up. Taquon missed some reads and throws but also made some good ones.

On defense Vic is just like Taquon and is a microcosm of the whole team. Sometimes does stuff that makes you scratch your head, and other times makes great plays. Brant was all over the field, I think he's 100% healthy and he had a good game. D line seemed to get more pressure too.

I really like our incoming secondary. Those guys have come up clutch. Idk how Jalen Johnson got that kick return fumble back.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Refs were pretty awful. The PI on 17 in the endzone was a terrible call. So was the no call for 94 humping Marshall after the play. I thought the chop block was pretty weak. And then missing the offensive PI where 17 got shoved all the way to the ground.

Offense seemed like popcorn again. TFL, then wham big plays. Pass pro made a nice step up. Taquon missed some reads and throws but also made some good ones.

On defense Vic is just like Taquon and is a microcosm of the whole team. Sometimes does stuff that makes you scratch your head, and other times makes great plays. Brant was all over the field, I think he's 100% healthy and he had a good game. D line seemed to get more pressure too.

I really like our incoming secondary. Those guys have come up clutch. Idk how Jalen Johnson got that kick return fumble back.
Anyone who watched it on TV did they say anything about it ?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
One other thing I really liked today was how much more the a backs got involved today compared to the last few weeks. I'm sure the rain had some to do with it but I felt like our a backs were criminally underused recently. They made some great plays today

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow

They didn't really jump all over it, but they mentioned it. Something along the lines of "a little extra curricular there, definitely could have thrown a flag there" but then just immediately moved on to both teams really want to win, etc.

I thought it was egregious and ridiculous. They weren't tangled up, 94 was just being a douche for no reason. I was really surprised refs swallowed the whistle there. I'd have been just as surprised if one of our players did that to their QB.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
They didn't say much. Also, he pushed Bensons head down after a play was over on our first TD drive. He was just a dirty player, but Parker got a good block on him and took him to the ground. And he had karma, because he got hurt twice after everything he did.