Virginia Tech postgame discussion

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I think anybody from this board sitting near me could’ve figured out who I was after Brads touchdown. I brought a friend of mine who was actually in Brads class at Benedictine, we couldn’t help but go nuts after his TD. So so so proud of this team..we gave them every opportunity to take the game over, but Roof and his D were phenomenal given the field position they were in. These kind of games make being a Jacket fun. I’m sorry if this post is all over the place.. I still haven’t come down from this high..
Loved it for Brad! In the post game he said he held onto the ball after scoring to make sure he kept it. Finally relinquished it to M Jordan knowing he could trust him to make sure BS would get it back to take home.[emoji2]

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Has anyone mentioned how we got the ball to the 5 yard line, got called for a chop, and came away with no points (only read the first page of seven replies) :)

Could have been a worse beat down

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Loved it for Brad! In the post game he said he held onto the ball after scoring to make sure he kept it. Finally relinquished it to M Jordan knowing he could trust him to make sure BS would get it back to take home.[emoji2]
He did keep it lol saw him take it out of his bag and give it to his parents. So proud of him and the whole team.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Has anyone mentioned how we got the ball to the 5 yard line, got called for a chop, and came away with no points (only read the first page of seven replies) :)

Could have been a worse beat down
Also the TD pass to Jeune was identical to the first play of the game, but TM underthrew that pass. It could have been a lot worse for the Hokies

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
First play of the game was overthrown by TM but supposedly Juene said he slowed down.
We thought he hesitated a bit before trying to catch up. Guess he's gotten used to some under thrown balls... He should have had that and we could have been in control all game [emoji39]
Thanks for verifying.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Winning the LOS????? 36 carries for 105 net yards, 258 total yards for the game. Think you just might to revisit the chokies winning he LOS?

I disagree. At that point they were absolutely winning the LOS. We got tired and that tipped pass BS took the air out of the stadium and completely stole the momentum. It reminded me a lot of the Attouchou personal foul in 2011.

They could have run that read option right at us and picked up that fourth down. Great play by Ajani, and if he doesn’t make it, Fuente looks like a genius, but that was a very low percentage call.