Tennessee Depth Chart

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
i hope we take 5 OL this year, and I believe that is the plan/target??? Really, we always seem to be one injury away on OL. Getting Marshall back will help alot though, especially with flexibility.

Not sure why LB is so thin. I mean, what is going on with recruiting there, I haven't followed LB closely, but its clear the guys we recruited the last 4 years have not panned out enough or developed; we haven't done a good job evaluating....true freshman are jumping them. (and they should, because what you see is some guys are not P5 starters).

TD Roof won't get daddy treatment. He is a bit undersized, small but he will earn his spot. In fact, IMO he will have to earn more than another kid because of the impressions.

I like the secondary alot, but I am convinced J Johnson should split 50/50 time with the other austin. He is a better matchup for TE in 4-2-5. I like what he can do there.

Lynch on the depth chart usually means he will probably play right?
Good points and I hope lynch is able to play but if he's the slightest bit hurt I say we sit him.

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah, I would think the opposite, as well. If anything, I'm sure CTR is trying mightily to avoid any semblance of nepotism. If TDR is on the 2-deep, he's most likely EARNED it in spades.

I think not seeing TS on the 2-deep at DB shows how deep and talented we are in the secondary.

Also doesn't want his kid out there before he's ready. That would look bad on him as a dad and a coach, his son would hear extra about it, and you don't want to mess up your son's playing career. Playing a freshman at linebacker, he better be much more talented than any of the older players.

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
Shamire has worked hard this off season. He is a very quick and a powerful OL. He is also really smart and respectful.
I obviously do not know the team like you do, but it is my impression that this is a great group of young men that represent our school. I wish them much success on and off the field. Time to turn the Jackets loose!!!!

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Question about our B-back depth. Ideally Howard and/or Ponchez-Mason would have redshirted this year, but then the Mills exit ruined that...or did it? Hypothetically what if Benson and Weimershirch both totally ball-out in the first couple games and it becomes clear we're set at that position. If neither Howard nor Ponchez-Mason get any snaps, can they be declared a redshirt later like a few games into the season? (Heck if there's an injury they could always burn the redshirt later.) What exactly are the rules about red-shirting and when a player must be officially deemed a redshirt before using their year of eligibility?
With so many true freshman on the the OL depth chart, when Andrew Marshall returns it would be nice to be able to rs a frosh or two there too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Question about our B-back depth. Ideally Howard and Ponchez-Mason would have redshirted this year, but then the Mills exit ruined that...or did it? Hypothetically what if Benson and Weimershirch both totally ball-out in the first couple games and it becomes clear we're set at that position. If neither Howard nor Ponchez-Mason get any snaps, can they be declared a redshirt later like a few games into the season? (Heck if there's an injury they could always burn the redshirt later.) What exactly are the rules about red-shirting and when a player must be officially deemed a redshirt before using their year of eligibility?
With so many true freshman on the the OL, when Andrew Marshall returns it would be nice to be able to rs a frosh or two there too.

Red shirt is always judged after the season.

Animal02

Banned
Question about our B-back depth. Ideally Howard and/or Ponchez-Mason would have redshirted this year, but then the Mills exit ruined that...or did it? Hypothetically what if Benson and Weimershirch both totally ball-out in the first couple games and it becomes clear we're set at that position. If neither Howard nor Ponchez-Mason get any snaps, can they be declared a redshirt later like a few games into the season? (Heck if there's an injury they could always burn the redshirt later.) What exactly are the rules about red-shirting and when a player must be officially deemed a redshirt before using their year of eligibility?
With so many true freshman on the the OL depth chart, when Andrew Marshall returns it would be nice to be able to rs a frosh or two there too.
IIRC, you have 5 years to complete 4 years of playing time. (barring injury or hardship waivers) If you in one play during the season, that counts as one of the 4 years.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, you have 5 years to complete 4 years of playing time. (barring injury or hardship waivers) If you in one play during the season, that counts as one of the 4 years.
Some are trying to get it where freshmen can play in up to 4 games and still have that count as a redshirt that year.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Look at you doubling down on an attack against a GT SA when you know his mom is reading.

First of all in no way have i attacked Freeman, and secondly I didn't know that his Mom was watching. I very much appreciate what a great young man and team leader he is. Are we not allowed to question who's the starter without it being construed as an attack?

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Lynch is on the Depth Chart as a decoy. CPJ has said several times that we may only play 3 A-Backs in game one. Quay, JJ, and Cottrell would be those 3. I don't think we would want Lynch out there if he hasn't practiced.

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We play two linebackers at a time. Cpj said Lewis is the third linebacker. Those freshman may not see the field much at all. Just because they are in two deep doesn't guarantee playing time.
He also wants 8 o-linemen who are game ready. I can't wait to see our guys mash some vols and put them on skates going backwards on Monday!

alagold

Helluva Engineer

it would be nice to RS Howard but I would doubt it happens--too good relatively