Tennessee Depth Chart

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
He is not running a 5-2. He is running a 4-2-5 and yes the extra 5th db (austion or jalen johnson) imo is better than the 3rd starting lb, especially considering pass happy teams on first down

We can recruit great lb at tech. So i dont think roof thinks that. But he hasn't recruited one yet. So. That says alot about his recruiting imo. Maybe finally after 5 years he has landed one in swilling?
If Swilling "pans out", maybe we can develop a new style of defensive scheme, in that of a 5-1-5 or a 4-1-6. Be creative and innovative!!!
I've read frequently on the swarm, the CTR debate, his recruiting is definitely the most desirable trait. Sorry, I'm just a little confused. I just feel sorry for the current LB's, starting with TLew, the blame they receive for being the weakest link on the defense.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
speak for yourself my wife wants to go camping. I wont get back till Monday afternoon.

Wow, you are a lucky man. I wish I could get my wife to go camping. But when it's pouring rain on Saturday, I know where I'll be :D

...... I just feel sorry for the current LB's, starting with TLew, the blame they receive for being the weakest link on the defense.

The LB aren't the weakest link, the DL is. The DL was 114th last year, so they brought the average down to 94th. Official Ted Roof Discussion Thread

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I just feel, if anybody deserves open criticism, it's whoever's making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not a bunch of guys that want to win more than any job holder ever could. Let's go defense, time to roll!

Go Jackets!!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I just feel, if anybody deserves open criticism, it's whoever's making hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not a bunch of guys that want to win more than any job holder ever could. Let's go defense, time to roll!

Go Jackets!!

Dude there is 40 plus pages railing on ted roof with 1-2 supporters. Believe me. No one is blaming the kids. They are trying their hardest. But if the talent isnt there it isnt there.

bentlloyd

Georgia Tech Fan
If Swilling "pans out", maybe we can develop a new style of defensive scheme, in that of a 5-1-5 or a 4-1-6. Be creative and innovative!!!
I've read frequently on the swarm, the CTR debate, his recruiting is definitely the most desirable trait. Sorry, I'm just a little confused. I just feel sorry for the current LB's, starting with TLew, the blame they receive for being the weakest link on the defense.
Lol what

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
He is not running a 5-2. He is running a 4-2-5 and yes the extra 5th db (austion or jalen johnson) imo is better than the 3rd starting lb, especially considering pass happy teams on first down

We can recruit great lb at tech. So i dont think roof thinks that. But he hasn't recruited one yet. So. That says alot about his recruiting imo. Maybe finally after 5 years he has landed one in swilling?
Relax a little man. We're almost there..

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I don't know, I think I am out of energy with the D performance debate, until after game 1.

Pan out. PJ Davis panned out for sure. I think the austin twins are panning out despite no all conf performances. I think the same of griffin, and gray. They all have played well, consistent, and even if not flashy in spots really produce. I can't say the same for the LB. As an example, for me Pat Gamble panned out...good solid player, shot at the league, fought off injuries. tough reliable player. No wow games. No stinkers either.

we literally have watched games where the LB had no clue on how to defend a screen. Or in BM's case literally could not figure out how to defend power, or shed a block to get to his gap. Its really bad sometime.s..so its hard to say any of it is panning out....but like i said, this year, they could. Maybe it was truly youth or something...Not in Lewis's case. I mean, he is a senior and kinda fell into the spot. But for me, up to today, no the LB's have not panned out. There are there because we have to start someone.

And truly, I believe that is one reason why Ted is like, ok, my best 11 means less LB the better...and we see alot of 3 wr sets, so I will base more nickel. Its also why we are recruiting that position like heck. This is one area, you won't hear me say its not a talent issue. It is for sure. His scheme is lb friendly. So unless its a talent issue, then its bad coaching...bad development. But the scheme is not the issue for the LB play IMO.

So for me...thats what I am saying so eh.

I agree on covering screen passes --between poor set-up and reaction and poor tackling--it was scary
On Roof Jr--I thought Curry was bigger version of him coming out of hi school but he has been hurt.So having a strong AND quick guy is key.er, also 220 min would be nice.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
@I am a b 2 good to see you back on here. We're all rooting for SD to have a great year on and off the field!
Thank you . We ready too for a healthy awesome season. Also to witness my 1st ever college graduation. The BEST SWARMING 4 quarters to come,we ready. #noregrets Go JACKETS
20170825_224727.jpg

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yes and yes this is his 17 year older brother
It's crazy how even another big person looks small in comparison to Shamire. His brother is probably about the same size as most of our OL, if I had to guess. I love those shots in our games looking down the line where you can really see the size difference. Looking forward to a big year from our biggest player!