Tennessee Depth Chart

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The only surprise to me in all this is Clark at OT. Looks like his film wasn't lying about his ability. Good thing we recruited so many OLs in 2016.

As for Shamire: I bet he's in about the same shape he was in last year. Every year we have people who want him to get down to 330 -40. That's, at a minimum, a 40 lb loss. Hard to do at any age. He's big. He's going to stay big. It is just that simple. And he'll be the first guard off the bench.

Oh, and here's a prediction: he'll be selected in the NFL draft and start for someone in his second year. Reason = he's big and has quick feet. He fits with a pro scheme better then with ours. Well … ours with Parker, that is.

I think he will get drafted too. And when he gets to camp he will be told he needs to get his weight down to under 340.

He also might take that brilliant brain of his and forge a very successful future off the field bypassing football and the physical toll it takes. It's nice to have options.

I think he will get drafted too. And when he gets to camp he will be told he needs to get his weight down to under 340.

He also might take that brilliant brain of his and forge a very successful future off the field bypassing football and the physical toll it takes. It's nice to have options.
It will be a contract provision if he gets drafted.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
The FR on the 2-deep is really interesting considering CPJ radio show saying he wasn't sure any FR would contribute aside from Harvin. Hard to know, but I'm hopeful that it's a good indicator of their ability rather than lack of from the more experienced players. Biggest surprise to me was Saint-Amour over Simmons, though we both know they will each play plenty.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The FR on the 2-deep is really interesting considering CPJ radio show saying he wasn't sure any FR would contribute aside from Harvin. Hard to know, but I'm hopeful that it's a good indicator of their ability rather than lack of from the more experienced players. Biggest surprise to me was Saint-Amour over Simmons, though we both know they will each play plenty.

The D frosh, Askew, Roof, and Swilling, are likely to play STs anyway. I suspect they will not "roll in and out" but may see some limited duty due to situation. I do not know what to think of the frosh OL players getting PT unless being on the depth chart is just establishing the pecking order in case they are unfortunately needed. If CPJ sticks to his plan of "8" the frosh will not likely IMO play unless there are injuries. In CPJ's words: "playing frosh OL players in 2016 was an exception".

I agree with being surprised that Simmons is not starting but I also think ASA has earned a start based on what we have heard from Camp. Freeman may be on the hot seat for a start but we may see a pretty even 3 man rotation at DE (likewise with the WRs).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Please don't rip our SA's with snarky personal criticisms. Analyzing their play, strengths and weaknesses of same is certainly fair game. Yes I think Shamire would benefit in getting his weight down. I think that's a fair observation. But some of the comments recently are snarky and below the belt treatment of our SA's that bust their asses representing our beloved institute.

If you haven't gone through a training camp at Tech while balancing the scholastic workload, and other potential responsibilities, please consider granting our guys a bit of leeway. They certainly work hard enough to at least earn a modicum of respect.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

I think coach was meaning that Harvin would be the most 'impactful' of the freshmen....not the only one to get to play.