Tennessee Depth Chart

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, not a ton of surprises. But I think we're starting to get a glimpse of which Freshman might play. As you mentioned, TD and BJS at LB. Jerry and Jordan at BB, Charlie and Zach at Tackle, Brenton/Pressley at K/P, and Jaytlin at CB.

4 True FR on Offense in two-deep
3 True FR on Defense in two-deep
2 True FR on Sp Teams in two-deep

So 9 out of a 24 person class are currently in the two-deep. Anyone else have a shot to play this year?
Jaquan Henderson

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Out of the 5 freshman olineman are Clark and Quinney the only tackles? .... also Roof over Henderson....daddy ball!! Jk

Yeah, I would think the opposite, as well. If anything, I'm sure CTR is trying mightily to avoid any semblance of nepotism. If TDR is on the 2-deep, he's most likely EARNED it in spades.

I think not seeing TS on the 2-deep at DB shows how deep and talented we are in the secondary.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, not a ton of surprises. But I think we're starting to get a glimpse of which Freshman might play. As you mentioned, TD and BJS at LB. Jerry and Jordan at BB, Charlie and Zach at Tackle, Brenton/Pressley at K/P, and Jaytlin at CB.

So 9 out of a 24 person class are currently in the two-deep. Anyone else have a shot to play this year?

I think 3 or 4 more frosh on STs not currently on depth chart, a LB
Of interest, by order of "WHOA"
1) TD Roof on the 2 deep (Romper Stomper!)
2) BJS on the 2 deep
3) Henri St. Amour starting over Simmons. (this is a mild surprise)
4) Messick over Dolphus (this is a very mild surprise)
5) Brashear on the 2 deep (this barely qualifies as a surprise)
6) Kagawa ahead of Campbell
7) Clark on the 2 deep

agree with 1-5 but 6 and 7 not a surprise.

Adonicus Sanders?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
We are so thin at OT. If Stickler or Lee gets hurt, I wonder if Will would move over to tackle and Shamire in at OG.

Absolutely short term, and if long term it will be who is strongest performer, Brad Morgan at G or one of the OT backups because Devine is only a spot player.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm a bit surprised to not see Kaleb Oliver on the two deep. Has the staff decided if he will be a linebacker or a safety?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Walk-on. Third year in the system. Started on D2 OL last two spring games. Durable and knows where to go. Lots of practice reps. I believe his Father played at GT. No real surprise.
Yes. John Ivemyer was his father. Came to Tech in 1983 (iirc) as a walk-on (and EE major), ended up a starter and team captain. Played opposite to John Davis; the pair of them were known as "the bookends", because they were basically mirror images of each other, anchoring the ends of the OL.

I went to high school with John--great guy. I'm rooting for Bailey to earn some playing time and make a big contribution to the team.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes. John Ivemyer was his father. Came to Tech in 1983 (iirc) as a walk-on (and EE major), ended up a starter and team captain. Played opposite to John Davis; the pair of them were known as "the bookends", because they were basically mirror images of each other, anchoring the ends of the OL.

I went to high school with John--great guy. I'm rooting for Bailey to earn some playing time and make a big contribution to the team.

Anybody else having 80's flashbacks with a Roof, a Swilling, and an Ivemyer on the 2 deep? The group of guys in 83, 84, 85 are the ones that dug Tech out of the ditch.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My only regret in life is that the hashtag battleofWoundedknees is not the way we are advertising the Tennessee game

Your only regret in life?

tenor.gif

Never gets old.

#BOWK

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to surprised about TD doing well. I have mixed feelings about his father as a coach but man he was a hard nosed, throwback line backer as a player. If TD wants to play for him he must have a similar attitude like PJ Daniels

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The only surprise to me in all this is Clark at OT. Looks like his film wasn't lying about his ability. Good thing we recruited so many OLs in 2016.

As for Shamire: I bet he's in about the same shape he was in last year. Every year we have people who want him to get down to 330 -40. That's, at a minimum, a 40 lb loss. Hard to do at any age. He's big. He's going to stay big. It is just that simple. And he'll be the first guard off the bench.

Oh, and here's a prediction: he'll be selected in the NFL draft and start for someone in his second year. Reason = he's big and has quick feet. He fits with a pro scheme better then with ours. Well … ours with Parker, that is.