Taxslayer Wrap-up

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
The CB was crashing like that the whole previous drive and CPJ saw it. CPJ's ability to see what every part of the defense is doing against him is so good.
CPJ is one cool cat to hold that in his pocket until 3rd and short. Checkmate Mark.....

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is one cool cat to hold that in his pocket until 3rd and short. Checkmate Mark.....

It worked. But there have been so many times, me included, where paul guessed wrong and we end up with an incomplete pass on 3rd down trying to run the clock out we all pull our hair out going wtf.

Just like going for it on our 15. It worked. Not exactly the same scenario but it didnt vs pitt.

Point is....paul is the same guy. We fans react ebb and flow. He is who he is. I will take the good of his gambling and deal with the occasional bad vs the chan gutless wonder ****.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
It worked. But there have been so many times, me included, where paul guessed wrong and we end up with an incomplete pass on 3rd down trying to run the clock out we all pull our hair out going wtf.

Just like going for it on our 15. It worked. Not exactly the same scenario but it didnt vs pitt.

Point is....paul is the same guy. We fans react ebb and flow. He is who he is. I will take the good of his gambling and deal with the occasional bad vs the chan gutless wonder ****.
My opinion of CPJ doesn't vary with the outcome of the plays he calls. I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting us to pass in that scenario after all the General Mills we had been feeding them. I think Kentucky had one more timeout so we weren't killing clock if we didn't pick that up on the ground. I haven't watched the replay yet so I could be wrong. What was the distance we needed to gain? 3? I don't know what Stoops was thinking, but I was thinking about a 4th down play if Mills doesn't convert.

The 4th down play worked because we executed it, and their D gave us the right look whatever that is.

Animal02

Banned
Attendance was 43,102. A friend said that's pretty good for a bowl game these days. But the game program had a list of all the Gator/TaxSlayer attendance figures and 43k comes in as the lowest since 1958. I'm hearing that a lot of Tech fans who ponied-up for Ireland decided that was their big $$ football trip of the year and didn't travel to Jacksonville.
Motor City Bowl had annoyed attendance of around 18k. Newspapers said it was closer to 10k.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The CB was crashing like that the whole previous drive and CPJ saw it. CPJ's ability to see what every part of the defense is doing against him is so good.

CPJ assigns the assistants in the booth different parts of the field to "spot". He gets feedback before and after every play from the coaches. He also gets feedback from the players. I believe CPJ likes to keep his focus in the trenches to see how he needs to adjust his blocking.

Not saying CPJ didn't see the CB blitzing all day, but on the field it's almost impossible to see everything going on without help.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
AHAHAHAHA. OK short guy with a big belly:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/k...ng-georgia-tech-bench/emTHI2oPO13bbRjWRUg1fN/

“I was upset with somebody saying something to me,” Stoops said. “I have great respect for coach (Paul) Johnson, but nobody else over there is going to say a word to me.”

You were barking at CPJ and when CPJ realized it, he stepped to you and you turned like a little chihuaha getting chased by a big dog.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/k...ng-georgia-tech-bench/emTHI2oPO13bbRjWRUg1fN/

“I was upset with somebody saying something to me,” Stoops said. “I have great respect for coach (Paul) Johnson, but nobody else over there is going to say a word to me.”

You were barking at CPJ and when CPJ realized it, he stepped to you and you turned like a little chihuaha getting chased by a big dog.
Stoops has a bad case of short man syndrome;)

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
My opinion of CPJ doesn't vary with the outcome of the plays he calls. I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting us to pass in that scenario after all the General Mills we had been feeding them. I think Kentucky had one more timeout so we weren't killing clock if we didn't pick that up on the ground. I haven't watched the replay yet so I could be wrong. What was the distance we needed to gain? 3? I don't know what Stoops was thinking, but I was thinking about a 4th down play if Mills doesn't convert.

The 4th down play worked because we executed it, and their D gave us the right look whatever that is.

Glad your opinion doesnt vary. However most general fans do react playcall to playcall. Just read this board in post game thoughts

Either way it doesnt change my point of liking his style and living with the bad because he is aggressive

northgajacket

Banned

Can someone say inferiority complex

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
A bowl game on Dec 26th in Detroit of all places was always destined to fail. Not sure who thought that would ever be a good idea.

That said, too many Tech fans missed-out on about the most ideal bowl trip we ever see. We had a New Years Eve weekend Bowl within driving distance of Atlanta, on a Saturday, in sunny Jacksonville, verses an SEC opponent, culminating a remarkable comeback season! Unless you're the type to buy a flight to bigtime Orange Bowl or travel mid-week, this event was a once-in-a-decade, best-case deal that really should've galvanized GT Nation. Wish everyone could've been there to celebrate a banner 2016 for our Yellow Jackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck

I agree. Also our defense played less man and got pressure with a 4 man rush and held them out of the end zone for the most part. Two scores on two incredible plays by the UK QB and Rec. Coach Roof and the staff did a great job!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The game called by the refs certainly was not an example of great reffing. Both teams got hosed on some calls and got away with several obvious penalties. It was pretty equally bad though and neither team got shortchanged on the bad or no calls.

Most blatant one we got away with was a pi / def hold on...PJD I think.

Bottom line though. The better team stomped the lesser one physically....playing clean football you whiney pussycats. Stick to bball if football is too rough for your sweet souls. Or man the F up.