Taxslayer Wrap-up

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
After we blocked the punt and got the ball on the Kentuckie 45, I said "Hey if we don't get a first down Butker might get a chance to put his name in the record books from about the 35". It sure didn't play-out as expected, but that 52-yarder was a TaxSlayer/Gator Bowl record. His 4 made FGs tied another record . BIg day for Harrison to conclude a standout career on The Flats

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
After reading the Kentucky game thread they are saying that GT plays dirty, they never want to play them again, and GT paid off the refs hahahaha "ok"
Kentucky got all the calls. I really don't see how anyone can say we benefitted in the slightest from the refs. Both injuries on their D-Line was from straight drive blocks. The announcers even admitted it.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
When PJ went for it on 4th and inches at the 15, announcers said it was something he would only do in a bowl game. They don't know our PJ!

Lots of good play calls today. Especially loved the pass to Jeune on third and five which sealed the win.
CPJ badly outcoached Stoops today even the UK fans are admitting it.

jeffgt14

Also the reason Stoops was pissed off was because he was trying to challenge whether the player went out of bounds and not whether he was short of the first down line. The refs said KY was challenging the "spot" which is why they lost the challenge and there was a TO.

The call on the field was a 1st down and out of bounds with 1 second left. So clock was stopped. The actual result of the play was 1st down in bounds with 3 seconds left giving us 3 seconds to snap and kick FG once chains were set. Since KY "lost" the challenge it's a TO so clock won't run.

Either way the personal foul call was stupid and it played out how it should.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The call on the field was a 1st down and out of bounds with 1 second left. So clock was stopped. The actual result of the play was 1st down in bounds with 3 seconds left giving us 3 seconds to snap and kick FG once chains were set. Since KY "lost" the challenge it's a TO so clock won't run.

Either way the personal foul call was stupid and it played out how it should.

The call on the field was inbound. No ref waves his hands on the play. stoops was mad because the refs didn't immediately start the clock when the play was set. Stoops in his interview said the refs told him he was ruled inbounds.

jeffgt14

The call on the field was inbound. No ref waves his hands on the play. stoops was mad because the refs didn't immediately start the clock when the play was set. Stoops in his interview said the refs told him he was ruled inbounds.
Certainly looked like the ref was waving it out of bounds to me.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I had a lot of Kentucky fans around me and it was funny as hell listening to their frustration not being able to stop the "fullback".

They also couldn't understand why Jeune wasn't covered. I haven't seen the replay yet but I'm guessing the corner crashed to stop the run.

im also guessing they sold out in similar fashion to stop us on 3rd and goal at the 5, and coaches saw it.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I had a lot of Kentucky fans around me and it was funny as hell listening to their frustration not being able to stop the "fullback".

They also couldn't understand why Jeune wasn't covered. I haven't seen the replay yet but I'm guessing the corner crashed to stop the run.

im also guessing they sold out in similar fashion to stop us on 3rd and goal at the 5, and coaches saw it.
I just about broke my chair jumping up when Jeune caught that pass! ;)

jeffgt14

The CB was crashing like that the whole previous drive and CPJ saw it. CPJ's ability to see what every part of the defense is doing against him is so good.