Taxslayer Wrap-up

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
How about we have a good student athlete coming off redshirt & not some spoiled brat punkass *****?

Edit: apparently p-r-i-c-k is a verboten word unlike ***** as someone in chat pointed out

Yeesh don't take it so literally. I was referring to the Heisman-winning QB that was a redshirt freshman. I too wouldn't want Manziel the person representing us, but I thought that went without saying...

Beehive

Banned
I will hate not seeing JT behind center! But I think everyone will be happy with the two freshman QB'S they are very talented. Two kickers coming in look like the real deal. Offensive line is in great shape. Mills will become a legend at GT before he is done. Please young man stay out of trouble!!! We have more play makers than I can remember us ever having at GT!! Talent is improving on Defense every year under Roof. This will be a team to be reckoned with for the next 3 or 4 years!! Very exciting times to be a GT fan!! Basketball team will be back to were it should be very soon! Go Jackets!!!!!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
It was a great day at Everbank today with my daughter. I thought UK got the shaft at the end of the first half, but I thought the two chop block calls and the personal foul against only GT when the UK player were on our sidelines shoving people more than made up for it.

Also, did anyone else think it was weird when one of our players got hurt (Simmons?), as he finally got to his feet and came off the field, the stadium announcer played "Another One Bites the Dust" over the speakers.

One final thing--when the fans started chanting ACC-ACC-ACC, the UK fans next to my daughter started complaining that was a classless act and you would never see UK do anything like that. I figure they wouldn't do something like that because they don't know what it's like to be winning at the end of a bowl game (their last win was in 2009 and this was only their 16th bowl since the 1940's).

It was a great day at Everbank today with my daughter. I thought UK got the shaft at the end of the first half, but I thought the two chop block calls and the personal foul against only GT when the UK player were on our sidelines shoving people more than made up for it.

Also, did anyone else think it was weird when one of our players got hurt (Simmons?), as he finally got to his feet and came off the field, the stadium announcer played "Another One Bites the Dust" over the speakers.

One final thing--when the fans started chanting ACC-ACC-ACC, the UK fans next to my daughter started complaining that was a classless act and you would never see UK do anything like that. I figure they wouldn't do something like that because they don't know what it's like to be winning at the end of a bowl game (their last win was in 2009 and this was only their 16th bowl since the 1940's).
I didn't hear the "bites the dust" comment

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
What was the attendence? It seemed like there were a lot of empty seats.
I believe I saw somewhere it was around 43k

lot of the non playoff bowl games looked pretty bare though. I think we were on the higher end for those. For example the Belk Bowl looked pretty empty even though it was VT vs Arkansas

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I watched on tv so missed it. Wasn't a comment from what @Towaliga said. The stadium music played song "another one bights the dust" which is complete classless crap
My daughter and I both noticed it, but to be fair, they were playing either commercials or up tempo music all day whenever there was a stoppage in play, so it may have been just bad timing compounded by a total lack of awareness of what was happening on the field. What really peeved me was when they played a commercial and made 2 PSA's after the band had started the Budweiser song. I mean, come on! During the Budweiser song?!?!?!

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I believe I saw somewhere it was around 43k

lot of the non playoff bowl games looked pretty bare though. I think we were on the higher end for those. For example the Belk Bowl looked pretty empty even though it was VT vs Arkansas
I think it's a combo of a bad economy and people getting tired of all the Bowl games.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think it's a combo of a bad economy and people getting tired of all the Bowl games.
agree. Also I think a good number of fans made the trip to Ireland and probably didn't double down on this bowl. Plus we aren't a large P5 school nor a state school with lots of sidewalk fans. Kentucky is obviously a basketball score first and foremost although they looked like they brought a few to see one of their rare games. And I think I saw you put it somewhere else on here but I've also seen it a few other places that the people of Jacksonville really don't go to this game as neutrals and that the face value of tickets has really gone up in recent years even though some feel the bowl product has become diluted.

Some Kentucky fans online were saying the last time they went to a bowl game the face value for their ticket was around $35-40 but for this game it was like $60-65 and they thought that was a pretty big turn off.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Attendance was 43,102. A friend said that's pretty good for a bowl game these days. But the game program had a list of all the Gator/TaxSlayer attendance figures and 43k comes in as the lowest since 1958. I'm hearing that a lot of Tech fans who ponied-up for Ireland decided that was their big $$ football trip of the year and didn't travel to Jacksonville.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
You all probably talked about this earlier. But, we have begun watching the tv feed this morning. Ga Tech really threw a wrench in the tv broadcasters' plans when we took the game over early. I'm not a big "bias" person normally, but the visual and the verbal made it seem like they had come on the air to feature the SEC team.

Cameras more on their sideline, reporter on their sideline. Explanations of Ky's players and their offense. At times, it was like we were messing up their party by actually playing better.

After church, we'll watch the second half. Can't wait to see if they scrape up some love for us later on.