Taxslayer Wrap-up

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I was shocked when it went from 1 second to 3 seconds

Can someone please explain what happened there at the end of the half? They didn't communicate very well in the stadium what was going on. Those of us in my section weren't sure about the spot, whether Stewart went out of bounds, OR the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Can someone please explain what happened there at the end of the half? They didn't communicate very well in the stadium what was going on. Those of us in my section weren't sure about the spot, whether Stewart went out of bounds, OR the clock.

The Referee said the catch was in bounds but i'm not sure why the clock went from 1 to 3 seconds.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer

lol, the referees were awful. I think Stoops was right, he was arguing that Stewart was down in bounds, so the game clock should have started after the chains were set. The refs stopped the clock allowing us to line up for the field goal, the official obviously didn't understand the challenge.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This day's offense was a return to PJ Classic. No explosion plays. Just lots of five yard plays, first downs, and eating clock.

As good as Freddie is, nothing changed when the backup center took over. We really are set up well for next year on the O-line.

Someone said on another thread that the ESPN pickers just prior to game time were favoring Kentucky. An announcer for an earlier bowl said he thought Kentucky would win, that they would be "too big and too fast for Georgia Tech. " I do not understand why so many sports broadcasters continue to underrate us. Oh well. I'm sure the same things will be said prior to Tennessee.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
This day's offense was a return to PJ Classic. No explosion plays. Just lots of five yard plays, first downs, and eating clock.

As good as Freddie is, nothing changed when the backup center took over. We really are set up well for next year on the O-line.

Someone said on another thread that the ESPN pickers just prior to game time were favoring Kentucky. An announcer for an earlier bowl said he thought Kentucky would win, that they would be "too big and too fast for Georgia Tech. " I do not understand why so many sports broadcasters continue to underrate us. Oh well. I'm sure the same things will be said prior to Tennessee.
The Kentucky play by play guys thought GT was really fast ;)

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Freddie will probably be NFL center or Guard but his loss will be minimal. The drop off when Kenny Cooper came was not evident
Same with Gamble and PJ not sure if their loss will be really impactful that

I keep saying it but I can't believe more on this board aren't head over heels with our three true freshmen lineman. It's outstanding how well all three have played (especially obviously braun)

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow
Freddie will probably be NFL center or Guard but his loss will be minimal. The drop off when Kenny Cooper came was not evident
Same with Gamble and PJ not sure if their loss will be really impactful that

I wish we could say the same about JT. Here's to hoping we have the next Manziel coming off redshirt

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Manziel???????? Please lord no. Good in college but what a head case. Give me another Joe, JfN, or JT plz. Or better yet, just our next great poised to break more records and win championships.

Edit: yes next S Jones would b great too.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
lol, the referees were awful. I think Stoops was right, he was arguing that Stewart was down in bounds, so the game clock should have started after the chains were set. The refs stopped the clock allowing us to line up for the field goal, the official obviously didn't understand the challenge.

stoops challenged the spot of the ball and lost so uk lost a timeout. dunno why it went from 1 to 3 secs but thats why the clock stopped. dont know why stoopid challenged though. half would have ended.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
stoops challenged the spot of the ball and lost so uk lost a timeout. dunno why it went from 1 to 3 secs but thats why the clock stopped. dont know why stoopid challenged though. half would have ended.
I assume he could not challenge whether he was down inbounds or not. He challenged the spot. & lost that challenge. Correctly.

We caught a big break on that whole thing. He was down inbounds & I see no way we would have avoided clock running out.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
We must have more speed then I thought because there was only 4 secs before the snap on that play . 1 sec to drop back hit the WR is fast :)