Spring Practice

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
All of the hype and everything is great, but what should be preached is patience. We open against the National Champions...
Anything is possible. Auburn was 13-0, SEC champs in 2004 and were denied a chance to play in the playoff game. Finished #2 in the polls. In 2005, they lost their opening game to Georgia Tech 23-14 at Auburn, with the maligned Reggie Ball as our QB.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anything is possible. Auburn was 13-0, SEC champs in 2004 and were denied a chance to play in the playoff game. Finished #2 in the polls. In 2005, they lost their opening game to Georgia Tech 23-14 at Auburn, with the maligned Reggie Ball as our QB.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
That was his sophomore year. He wasn't much maligned until his junior/senior years.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
For those of you who saw my post a couple of weeks ago that I was faced with missing the Spring Game, I found out today that I SHOULD be able to go, even with all that driving in one day. I know most of you couldn't care less, but I am excited and looking forward to it now more than ever.

God speed to a quick recovery and time well spent cheering on the Jackets!

God speed to a quick recovery and time well spent cheering on the Jackets!
Thanks. I had my first post-op visit with the surgeon Tuesday and, although obviously anything can change, I asked if by April 26 he thought I would be ok driving to and from Atlanta, and he said yes. So that is my plan now.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Except from Tori’s most recent article about spring practice:

“Georgia Tech will hold practices Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. Practices will be open to the media for 30 minutes on those days and just about every coach on staff, as well as players from just about every position, will be made available throughout the next five weeks.”

Only 5 more days... expecting a lot of content from Tech and the media.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Except from Tori’s most recent article about spring practice:

“Georgia Tech will hold practices Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. Practices will be open to the media for 30 minutes on those days and just about every coach on staff, as well as players from just about every position, will be made available throughout the next five weeks.”

Only 5 more days... expecting a lot of content from Tech and the media.
Gonna be great!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I hope I can come to ATL for the spring game. It should be interesting to see the new offense. I rembember the first year with CPJ and complaints about fumbles but the team was darn good that fall. Nesbitt has always been one of my favorites. The kid had desire to win.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I understand why CPJ shut down assistant coach interviews in recent years, but when his terse interview style was the only voice to the media about the program, things kind of slowed down. I think having practices open and all staff/players open for interviews opens up a lot of great content for us fans. I'm sure we'll see many great articles from Ken, Tori, and others moving forward about all aspects of the program.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I understand why CPJ shut down assistant coach interviews in recent years, but when his terse interview style was the only voice to the media about the program, things kind of slowed down. I think having practices open and all staff/players open for interviews opens up a lot of great content for us fans. I'm sure we'll see many great articles from Ken, Tori, and others moving forward about all aspects of the program.
My guess is there is some serious spin control training for all staff and players and some serious repercussions for failing to toe the party line in interviews.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
My guess is there is some serious spin control training for all staff and players and some serious repercussions for failing to toe the party line in interviews.

Not shocking, but that is a pretty pessimistic view. Another way to look at it is that CGC only hired people who bought into his vision, and therefore he doesn't need threats to get them to parrot what he's saying.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not shocking, but that is a pretty pessimistic view. Another way to look at it is that CGC only hired people who bought into his vision, and therefore he doesn't need threats to get them to parrot what he's saying.
He didn’t hire the players.

And he’s already had a blunder by one of his coaches. I forget his name, but he referred to academics at Georgia Tech as “surviving.” Key was sitting next to him and was visibly displeased. Haven’t seen that particular coach in an interview since.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t hire the players.

And he’s already had a blunder by one of his coaches. I forget his name, but he referred to academics at Georgia Tech as “surviving.” Key was sitting next to him and was visibly displeased. Haven’t seen that particular coach in an interview since.

That was Marco Coleman, and to me I didn’t think Key looked all that perturbed about it. Yeah, they probably asked him to tweak his messaging about how he refers to his time here, but I think a whole lot more was made of that by fans obsessively trying to read body language for insights. And how many asst coach interviews have been given since those introductory press conferences? Only ones I can remember since then are the WaHo Wednesdays, and only Choice and Key have gone up for those so far (but I would expect Marco to be featured in one shortly).

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I agree. That's what got Johnson's assistants off the mic. They divulged information that Johnson didn't want getting out, as far I recall. You're right in your other post about Marco Coleman using the word "survive" to describe his experience at GT, that's definitely not a part of the new branding of the program. It seems like the staff is almost entirely on board with the new program message from the interviews I've seen from coaches and folks like Suddes.