Spring Practice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 5298 When Exxon asked me to go to Prudhoe bay Alaska to work on the Alaska pipeline , I went into a stair well to think. I closed my eyes and visualized the flat and w wind blow snow. Then my mind says were the blue water. I never went and now I am back in Pensacola living on the water at last spot that's undeveloped.

Question: why live north of I 10. That's what they made airlines for!
Ya ever stop by McGuire’s for a pint? I played drums in their pipe band back in the day. I have very fond memories of my time in ol’ P’cola!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah this was my backyard about a week ago (none has melted and we’ve added a couple more inches on top since), I always get a kick out of all the hate that a little weather gets from our fans. It’s not all bad, I’m able to drop the kids off at preschool and spend 3 hours snowboarding at the east coast’s biggest mountain 2-3 times a week and in mid-week days when it’s nearly empty. I’m actually gonna be sad when winter is over and all this snow is melted (although trying some downhill mountain biking might help ease the pain).
Mt. Mitchell, NC

c5565f5187d48a8fbfb4464070aaf28f.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ya ever stop by McGuire’s for a pint? I played drums in their pipe band back in the day. I have very fond memories of my time in ol’ P’cola!
Fine place.
Shepard's pie & 15cent cup bean soup - w draft beer in frozen mug - sending selfies from the ND room to my Irish buddy. Note to self get extra tickets for ND at MBS.
I , being old, have fond memories of the teenage hang out spot that was near there in the 50-70 era - fire house . Buddy had a 65 navy blue mustang convertible. Took my old Rambler down a nearby dirt road that had a bay overlook where u could watch the submarines races.

Now my memories are more about food.

Jacksonville on the river is fantastic. Andy said I missed a helluva party after the gator bowl. I didnt realize how far ATL is from jax! I hope we go back there for a bowl game.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Can you imagine the kids from last years team and what they are thinking and experiencing with the New Regime?
They are experiencing a totally new way of life.
A paradigm shift of sorts?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Can you imagine the kids from last years team and what they are thinking and experiencing with the New Regime?
They are experiencing a totally new way of life.
A paradigm shift of sorts?

We actually implemented some of this last year. The electign captains before spring, seperating into teams, scoring against each other etc. We just didn't market it as much or do these themed workouts.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We actually implemented some of this last year. The electign captains before spring, seperating into teams, scoring against each other etc. We just didn't market it as much or do these themed workouts.

Dude. While in spots i agree with what u r saying above. But this is totally different than last year. Talk to the players. Its night and day. Now. That doesnt mean they are working harder or the workouts are more effective. But the whole thing is totally different....

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Anyways, back to spring practice... o_O:LOL:

I cannot remember a spring practice in the past that is so filled with uncertainty on both sides of the ball. A lot of position changes, hurt feelings, transfers, and general bitching along with the usual hope springs eternal is in the offing. I would be willing to bet this will be the most physical, most intense, and most scrutinized spring practice in living memory. It could potentially be that significant to the future of our program. IMHO

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Dude. While in spots i agree with what u r saying above. But this is totally different than last year. Talk to the players. Its night and day. Now. That doesnt mean they are working harder or the workouts are more effective. But the whole thing is totally different....

No doubt about it, the entire culture of the program has changed markedly. However, one caveat, being different may or may not be the same as being better. Many fans wanted more juice, hype and excitement around the program...well, you got it. Whether or not, all this hoopla produces more wins, better recruiting, and a significant increase in national exposure is yet to be determined. As the kids like to say, "brace for impact". Cool, did I do that right?

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Ice:
I usually ask a similar question. I visit the Gulf Coast a bit. But,
why live South of I-20? :) :)

Question: why live north of I 10. That's what they made airlines for![/QUOTE]

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So I'm confused are practices open to the public? I remember Collins giving out days they practice and the times... does that mean they are open to the public?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Exact quote from a current player, “I actually like waking up now and coming to workouts bc i don’t know what to expect each workout”

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Exact quote from a current player, “I actually like waking up now and coming to workouts bc i don’t know what to expect each workout”

I use to like just working out... because I was working out. But eh new generations and all that. There is an arnold quote about it but its a bit outside the posting guidelines.