Spring Practice

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Exact quote from a current player, “I actually like waking up now and coming to workouts bc i don’t know what to expect each workout”

He actually likes "coming to workouts..."? Did Coach Collins figure out a way to spike the gator aid or something? Well, this is what we wanted and asked for: a total makeover in recruiting, conditioning, expectations, and culture. We will see if it works.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From Ken at the AJC
Player to watch this spring: Quarterback Lucas Johnson
Link

"There will be a lot of learning and trial in the spring with offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Dave Patenaude, and all of the quarterbacks will have plenty to digest. It will be critical to not just be able to have the physical tools but also to quickly grasp and execute Patenaude’s scheme.

Consequently, staying healthy and being available for as many practices as possible will also be important."

slugboy

Staff member
Exact quote from a current player, “I actually like waking up now and coming to workouts bc i don’t know what to expect each workout”
If they can keep people excited up to their senior year, I'll be really impressed. It's hard not to run out of ideas.

This may have been posted already, but Harvin is looking good here:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what kinds of competitions. Curious if it’s similar to the Iron Jackets

Check out the “Waffle House Wednesday” with coach Collins, he talks about the teams and competitions they have for Tuesday. I think it was something like one on one competitions between guys on different teams for the whole day. Pretty good insights in that chat.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I wonder what kinds of competitions. Curious if it’s similar to the Iron Jackets
What I gathered from the episode @deeeznutz mentioned is that the team is broken up into 10ish groups and that Tuesdays the guys compete (both as individual one on ones against the other teams and as groups against groups). I think Iron Jackets was a similar notion but much more traditional in the events and activity used for competition.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Player to watch this spring: Bruce Jordan-Swilling

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...gYDccFVDUO/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Jordan-Swilling will be playing for a third different defensive coordinator in as many years, with Thacker following Ted Roof and Woody. The series of transitions may have been more challenging for Jordan-Swilling than others on the defense, as he played running back in high school and had to learn to play defense and the linebacker position once he arrived at Tech.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
For those of you who saw my post a couple of weeks ago that I was faced with missing the Spring Game, I found out today that I SHOULD be able to go, even with all that driving in one day. I know most of you couldn't care less, but I am excited and looking forward to it now more than ever.

So happy for you! Both for the ability to attend and even more so for the speedier recovery than what you expected!

Wishing you well on your road back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Are these boards busted? Getting strange behavior in Chrome on Android (no posts for ~6 hours, last post time of "moments ago", etc.)