Spring Practice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That was Marco Coleman, and to me I didn’t think Key looked all that perturbed about it. Yeah, they probably asked him to tweak his messaging about how he refers to his time here, but I think a whole lot more was made of that by fans obsessively trying to read body language for insights. And how many asst coach interviews have been given since those introductory press conferences? Only ones I can remember since then are the WaHo Wednesdays, and only Choice and Key have gone up for those so far (but I would expect Marco to be featured in one shortly).
Telling him to tweak his messaging his interview training. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s definitely going on. They don’t want these guys going into interviews and having stream of consciousness speaking, especially the players. They’re very particular about their message.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
There is always some one that will hear a word spoken out of place and allow it to reinforce their preconcieved belief of some wrong .

We are branding - high tech elite, 2 in 5 are millionaires with 90 % survive rate . At 90 % graduate rate the misspoke "survivor" rate is only a big deal to a select few.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There is always some one that will hear a word spoken out of place and allow it to reinforce their preconcieved belief of some wrong .

We are branding - high tech elite, 2 in 5 are millionaires with 90 % survive rate . At 90 % graduate rate the misspoke "survivor" rate is only a big deal to a select few.
I have zero problem with the word myself. The funny part was watching Key’s reaction. It reminded me of Al Bundy’s face after Peg said something really stupid.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I agree. That's what got Johnson's assistants off the mic. They divulged information that Johnson didn't want getting out, as far I recall. You're right in your other post about Marco Coleman using the word "survive" to describe his experience at GT, that's definitely not a part of the new branding of the program. It seems like the staff is almost entirely on board with the new program message from the interviews I've seen from coaches and folks like Suddes.

Johnson also wanted to take all the fire for his guys. He knew it was a hostile media. He did have Roof giving media talks from 13 to 17.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

We have all had to face lifes tragedies in one form or another (and more of them as we grow older), but I truthfully am still in shock over this.

I was at a bar & grille when I saw this news scroll at the bottom of the ESPN channel. I actually teared up.

I don’t know if it was due to the timing, everything going on in our entire athletic program right now , or the things I had been told about thelovung nature of the young man.

It is still a shock to me.

Buy young people are resilient- our kids will fight back.