Signing Day Info

Deleted member 2897

I would think it probably has more to do with a love (or lack thereof) factor. Felt it from Andy Mac, likely always has from Troy. No connection with a new coaching at GT.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

I hve read in multiple locations since posting this that he was unable to get a qualifying test score for admission.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Gee signing with Troy is a weird one. I highly doubt the coaching change is what sent him there. Had to be something else going on.

Also, Miami is the only team ranked above us in the ACC with fewer signings. We're at what - 15. I don't know how many signed, but Clemson had 26 commits. You can't really compare point totals when one team has twice as many bodies as another. 6 other teams above us had > 20 commits.
Same ol same ol. Tech plays by the rules, doesn't gray shirt and we end up with the numerical average that keeps the total number of scholarships on the team at NCAA limits. Other teams recruit twice as many players as NCAA allows and somehow get a magic number of injuries, dropouts and transfers to come in under the wire in the nick of time. Who said the universe is random? It clearly warps around the fabric of football factories.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
I hve read in multiple locations since posting this that he was unable to get a qualifying test score for admission.
Sucks he tried to pawn it off as "coaching change" if that's the case.

Deleted member 2897

Same ol same ol. Tech plays by the rules, doesn't gray shirt and we end up with the numerical average that keeps the total number of scholarships on the team at NCAA limits. Other teams recruit twice as many players as NCAA allows and somehow get a magic number of injuries, dropouts and transfers to come in under the wire in the nick of time. Who said the universe is random? It clearly warps around the fabric of football factories.

I read something one time (I've tried to go back to find it again since then but cannot) that listed how many players schools actually have on scholarship. Sounds easy enough right - can't be past 85? Well, not exactly. If someone blows a knee out (for example), they can be medically disqualified (medical hardship) - they quit and do not play anymore, but they get to keep their scholarship to stay in school and it doesn't count against the 85 limit. Schools like Alabama's actual number of players on scholarship was pushing 125. (Going from memory, but it was way way way over 100.) . Its been documented that Satan does this several times a year.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703384204575509901468451306

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I would think it probably has more to do with a love (or lack thereof) factor. Felt it from Andy Mac, likely always has from Troy. No connection with a new coaching at GT.

I agree. Losing Mac is going to cost us more than help

Deleted member 2897

Here is exclusive video of Coach Collins letting Larry Dowdy and Joshua Black know that "everybody signed their forms".

BLz4Px.gif

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I read something one time (I've tried to go back to find it again since then but cannot) that listed how many players schools actually have on scholarship. Sounds easy enough right - can't be past 85? Well, not exactly. If someone blows a knee out (for example), they can be medically disqualified (medical hardship) - they quit and do not play anymore, but they get to keep their scholarship to stay in school and it doesn't count against the 85 limit. Schools like Alabama's actual number of players on scholarship was pushing 125. (Going from memory, but it was way way way over 100.) . Its been documented that Satan does this several times a year.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703384204575509901468451306
Vague memory of that myself. Also the student newspaper every year trying to figure out who on the 125 man roster was on scholarship and who was not.

Deleted member 2897

Firmly believe we lost 2 guys due to not retaining anyone from the previous staff.

That's not true. Gee is being reported in multiple locations that he couldn't get a qualifying test score for admission. Briton Allen committed to nobody when we had no coach. His social media right now says still that he's "2,500%" committed to Georgia Tech. I think we all thought he was coming here, because there were no signs otherwise. But he visited multiple other schools after he committed to us, including USC a week ago - he had trips to visit booked while he was committing to us. You don't go fly all the way across the country (twice, to 2 different schools) if you're not serious about it. Personally, I think he committed to us because he really loved us and could sign today...if USC (or another option like Colorado State) didn't work out. But he didn't want to wait until after the USC visit before committing, because he probably took the last available DB spot. I don't think USC offered until he went there, but I could be wrong.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I know a lot of Tech fans are disappointed in this recruiting class, especially considering the hype of CGC once he got on board. But think about it this way: in TWELVE DAYS, Geoff Collins was able to recruit:
Ahmarean Brown (tied for our highest recruit with offers from Bama)
Kenan Johnson (flipped from UNCheat)
Sylvain Yondjouen (flipped from Arizona)
Dylan Deveney (flipped from Rutgers)

Not only that, but he was able to prevent Jamious Griffin from signing with NCState and begin recruiting him here. I think come February we will have 5-6 more guys committed to get our class into the high forties/low thirties. I trust the process and I trust Geoff.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I know a lot of Tech fans are disappointed in this recruiting class, especially considering the hype of CGC once he got on board. But think about it this way: in TWELVE DAYS, Geoff Collins was able to recruit:
Ahmarean Brown (tied for our highest recruit with offers from Bama)
Kenan Johnson (flipped from UNCheat)
Sylvain Yondjouen (flipped from Arizona)
Dylan Deveney (flipped from Rutgers)

Not only that, but he was able to prevent Jamious Griffin from signing with NCState and begin recruiting him here. I think come February we will have 5-6 more guys committed to get our class into the high forties/low thirties. I trust the process and I trust Geoff.
Nobody in their right mind is dissapointed in CGC at all