Signing Day Info

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The idea that getting hyped because a new coach is putting on good interviews is setting us up for failure is the loser mentality we have to get rid of. There is nothing else to go by. We need to stop being afraid of hype, stop acting like we are better when nobody expects us to be, and actually have confidence as a program. Also all your fears are silly in light of the fact that there is nothing else to go by.
Or, to put it short, we need to act like marks.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being apprehensive about people who sell all the time. Remember, what they are selling is their own self interest, not yours or anything resembling a community of interest. Saying that "there is nothing else to go on" is another way of saying that you didn't have a good reason to give someone power to make decisions in the first place. Now, that is a loser mentality if ever there was one.

But … I don't think this is the case for Coach.I'm pretty sure that a lot of this is the usual hype that accompanies most leadership transitions. I doubt if TStan selected him just because he talked a good game; the strategy he had in mind for shaping the team going forward must have had a lot to do with it. I'm perfectly willing to give Coach the benefit of the doubt, despite my own misgivings. What we see on the field and in the locker room over the next couple of years will tell eat tale here.