Signing Day Info

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
For someone who doesn't follow recruiting closely, would love to see a wrap-up summary when all is said and done with:
-List of recruits that committed under CPJ and signed
-List of recruits that committed under CPJ and decommitted
-List of recruits that committed under CGC and signed
-List of recruits that committed under CGC and decommitted (if any)
-List of recruits we are still hoping will sign in February

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This may be one of the better WR classes we have had in a while...

Screenshot_20181219-102602_Chrome.jpg

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It was interesting listening to 92.9 The Game this morning as they chatted about NSD. John Fricke mentioned our class is currently ranked in the 40's, but tossed out some optimism saying he sees us being top 30 by February's signing date. I guess the radio folk have confidence in CGC. I just don't know if there are enough unsigned prospects we have a chance with to break top 40.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We are currently ranked 51st on Rivals, so if we get into the top 30's by February, something miraculous would have to happen.
Thats about on trend for us right?

Anyways at least for 2019, I wasn't expecting us to jump too much as we have so much changing with the staff at the moment. 2020 season is when Id expect to really see changes

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It was interesting listening to 92.9 The Game this morning as they chatted about NSD. John Fricke mentioned our class is currently ranked in the 40's, but tossed out some optimism saying he sees us being top 30 by February's signing date. I guess the radio folk have confidence in CGC. I just don't know if there are enough unsigned prospects we have a chance with to break top 40.

30's is more reasonable for the 2020 class and beyond. Unless we sign the 4 star recruits that are interested in us (RB Griffin, LB Pettway) and get a few more recruits in February, gonna be hard to accomplish that this year.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
FYI, some stats about our class as of right now.

18 commits.
#46 Nationally.
#9 ACC.

Only 1 team in the ACC is ranked higher than us but with fewer commits (Miami).

Of note: 4 guys rated 5.7 by Rivals (0.1 below a 4-star).

In the 2018 class, we only had 3 guys rated higher than 5.6...and its only early signing day.
In the 2017 class, we had 7 guys rated higher than 5.6
2016: Net 2. Started with 5, lost 3 of them though: Jordan Woods, Jay Jones, and Emanuel Bridges
2015: Net 5, Started with 6, lost 1 of them though: Philpott

What's the point? We're right about average for our higher rated guys, and we still have a couple months left before the class is locked. A couple guys like Jamious Griffin and we're really rocking.

Having a hard time figuring out exactly where we landed on signing day. Am I correct in the following?

Of the 18 Commits:
  • 14 Signed - Chico Bennett Jr., Demetrius Knight, Devin Ellison, D'Quan Douse, Dylan Deveney, Jamal Camp, Jeremiah Smith, Jordan Huff, Jordan Yates, Kalani Norris, Kenan Johnson, Tony Amerson, Wesley Walker, Zach Owens
  • 2 Decommitted - Allen and Gee
  • 2 did not sign - OL Black and Dowdy
And we're in the game for: Jamious Griffin, Jamie Pettway and Ahmarean Brown?

Forgetting anyone?

(Edit): There's a couple European guys that may not sign and might be interested in Tech?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
While discussing players heard
1. GC refer to several hs coaches he knew. That's a good sign . Our current system has area recruiter (who builds up relationships ) get position coach to buy in for offer. Better to have top man closer to the narrative as him calling a Hh s coach is a big deal. He seems to be a hands on recruiting head coach like Coach was on offense. My son as an ol coach got to watch his head coach meet Mack Brown as he flew in to close deal on star lb. Son and his coaching buddies still talk about it. These guys are gossip hounds.

2. GC say db s are going to play press coverage so length is important . I love this because future recruits ( top 50) can know they will get there chance to really shine. Imo, the gradual introduction of defense will be over by toe meets leather.

3. GC said he will be with the db s. Imo, this is the Saban model. Pruitt came out of a top hs and became recruiter for Ala. After short period he became db coach with Saban. Mike - is this accurate.?

"All in on recruiting, have a true press coverage defense , handle the db (not qb)."!!

These are all very good gt things for going forward, but are bad things for my friend Andy. I hope tstan was clear and generous w him as he has been recruiting to keep commits. Oh, well it's a tough job.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
What's the max we can sign? I guess it depends if we start going the gray shirt route? If we sign 24-25 guys by February and only sign 3 star guys and maybe 2-3 4 stars we could definitely be top 30.