Pitt Postgame Discussion

LibertyTurns

Banned
A, I missed the JSU game but today there was no issue getting into the stadium. I wasn't carrying anything so I'm wondering why they need to do a full wand job on me. Perhaps I look like a jihadi?
B. The single mom who sits in the row behind me & brings her son to the game is still hot.
C. Noon games in September are also hot. They also suck.
D. Until we scored our 34th/35th points it felt like the Tennessee game where we whipped their *** all game but were leaving them hanging around with a chance to win with 1 good drive & another GT mistake.
E. I'm not jazzed by the D's performance because I think Pitt just flat out sucks on O.
F. Our O is as good as anyone's except when it comes to putting points on the board. We are "under-scoring" given our ability to punch opposing D's in the mouth and make them look flaccid. Never seen a group of OL turn the tables on D's like our guys. It's like they're hunting for people to hit every play and opposing D's are running away from them.
G. Why do we have a DL, LB & OL as the 3 guys in front of the punter? Can't say I've ever seen another team do this.
H. TQM seems to get excited when a pass play is wide open. He needs to put some air under it and give the guys a chance to make the catch.
I. TQM might be better than J Effin' Thomas & that says a lot.
J. Why was anyone talking about anyone other than Benson in the off-season? Dude is a beast-man.
K. Is AJ Gray in on every good defensive play or does it just seem like that?
L. Post-game beer is better after a win.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A, I missed the JSU game but today there was no issue getting into the stadium. I wasn't carrying anything so I'm wondering why they need to do a full wand job on me. Perhaps I look like a jihadi?
B. The single mom who sits in the row behind me & brings her son to the game is still hot.
D. Until we scored our 34th/35th points it felt like the Tennessee game where we whipped their *** all game but were leaving them hanging around with a chance to win with 1 good drive & another GT mistake.
E. I'm not jazzed by the D's performance because I think Pitt just flat out sucks on O.
F. Our O is as good as anyone's except when it comes to putting points on the board. We are "under-scoring" given our ability to punch opposing D's in the mouth and make them look flaccid. Never seen a group of OL turn the tables on D's like our guys. It's like they're hunting for people to hit every play and opposing D's are running away from them.
G. Why do we have a DL, LB & OL as the 3 guys in front of the punter? Can't say I've ever seen another team do this.
H. TQM seems to get excited when a pass play is wide open. He needs to put some air under it and give the guys a chance to make the catch.
J. Why was anyone talking about anyone other than Benson in the off-season? Dude is a beast-man.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Benson was a beast but we really need to rotate guys more. The kind of mileage he had today catches up to you as the season goes on. Quaide runs really weird but it seems to work so hopefully him and Jerry get a few more snaps.

That was the best tackling I've seen from a tech games in ages, you're out of your mind.

Only gripe/concern I have is if we face a polished, pocket passer...we may be in trouble.
Simmons and St-Armor may have something to say about that. They both looked incredible on the speed rush today. I am really hoping several light bulbs on the defensive side of the ball came on today. I am really hoping Pitts offense isn't really that bad either. Either way, it was great to seeing the improvement in tackling alone. Now it is time to break to turd heel's win streak. THWG!!!!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think CPJ is going to discuss 2 things. Ball handling and outside blocking. Most of our yards were up the middle. Pitt covered the perimeter pretty darn well. Also, the blocking on the outside could of been better. I don't think CPJ will be very satisfied with this win. CTR earned his paycheck today, for sure! The tacking was MUCH better. We had gaps in coverage. But, the DL was applying pressure, so the QB didn't see it. I liked the aggressiveness the D showed today. We didn't look good on the first series. However; from there out, the D was pretty darn solid.

When we were talking at the tailgate pregame, I told you my biggest worries were that the offense would come out rusty and turn the ball over, and that special teams would be a thorn in our side. After watching the game, I was almost exactly right. I expected maybe 2 turnovers, not 4, and I thought our ST failures would be on KO/FG, not punting. I was right on the D, though. :)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Got to clean up those fumbles. It's out of hand.
Marshall was way off on his throws.
For goodness sake can we get special teams together.

That said, great W.
Benson played great. Need to get Quaide some more carries.
D played well after horrendous start.
Marshall hit the video game moves.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
KirVonte reminds me of my ideal prototype for a BB...Maurice Jones-Drew. He's so low to the ground that defenders can't get under his pads so he's always able to push the pile ahead. Dude just runs hard. Got to clean up the fumbles (2 were on him...the pitch and then the one at the goal line) but he should only get better at that.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Got to clean up those fumbles. It's out of hand.
Marshall was way off on his throws.
For goodness sake can we get special teams together.

That said, great W.
Benson played great. Need to get Quaide some more carries.
D played well after horrendous start.
Marshall hit the video game moves.

There were a couple of pitches that had me gasping as well. I swear one pitch was as close to a Hail Mary as pitches come...

:eek:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The Pitt defensive player who got cut by Parker B on TM's touchdown run will have nightmares tonight.

That sure was a perfectly timed, perfectly executed cut. It opened just enough of a crease for Quon to cut up through, then the tightrope walk brought it home.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
KirVonte reminds me of my ideal prototype for a BB...Maurice Jones-Drew. He's so low to the ground that defenders can't get under his pads so he's always able to push the pile ahead. Dude just runs hard. Got to clean up the fumbles (2 were on him...the pitch and then the one at the goal line) but he should only get better at that.

good body/player type comparison

but he still is timid hitting the line. And the fumbles, 2, were exactly a result of looking down field for the hit and spying vs trusting the blocking grabbing the ball and hitting the hole. Paul is continually saying hit the darn hole stop dancing, in my view Kirvonte needs to still get more comfortable. For some reason he is not fully yet. Probably just PT, but hopefully not mental. Alot of potential....just needs to continue to grind.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Paul is continually saying hit the darn hole stop dancing, in my view Kirvonte needs to still get more comfortable. For some reason he is not fully yet.
Am I mistaken or did we have multiple players dancing around instead of committing to taking what they can get cutting up field or going outside. We must have run directly into a blocked defender at least a half dozen times if not more it seemed by not choosing between left or right.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

That is an excellent observation and summary that leaves me with just one lingering yet important question.....where exactly (row/seat #) do you sit?;)

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan
Am I mistaken or did we have multiple players dancing around instead of committing to taking what they can get cutting up field or going outside. We must have run directly into a blocked defender at least a half dozen times if not more it seemed by not choosing between left or right.

I thought Green danced a little on a couple of carries that would have been a first down if he had put his head down and gotten downhill.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That is an excellent observation and summary that leaves me with just one lingering yet important question.....where exactly (row/seat #) do you sit?;)
She's a really nice lady and I'll refrain from "outing" her. I'm quite sure she's not aware she's smoking hot and most assuredly wouldn't want someone putting pix up on the internet. Too many weirdos out there.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There were a couple plays where Benson had no hole, but slammed ahead anyway, and gained about 8 yards after planting his face mask in the breast bone of the tackler and driving him back. I thought to myself that those would be the runs where the light bulb went on in his head and he would be fixed forever. Unfortunately, it wasn't so, as he tiptoed a few times after that as well. Oh well. It is a hard game and judging from the stands is the easiest thing in the world to do. I'm sure he will watch film.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
She's a really nice lady and I'll refrain from "outing" her. I'm quite sure she's not aware she's smoking hot and most assuredly wouldn't want someone putting pix up on the internet. Too many weirdos out there.

I certainly understand and for the record, the question was not intended to be a serious one. My wife is very intolerant of this sort of thing.:)