Pitt Postgame Discussion

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
And you will never convince me that Purdue daring to keep pace with Michigan didn't factor into that call. One of the worst calls ever in Tallahassee Saturday got a Seminole sent off. I hate FSU but it was a pathetic enforcement of this bad rule.
Is that the one where he hit the QB with his hand trying to block a pass? I agree. Pathetic.

CPJ confirmed my observation on tonight's radio show. Said it was a TD if Jones got the ball to Cottrell.

It didn't look to me like Jones looked long at Cottrell's route if at all. I think he had the time to make the throw, though he may have gotten popped after the release by the defender turned loose in the backfield. Again, easy for me to say sitting in a chair.
Jones just needs playing time. As they say, things will slow down for him then. But until we get some separation from the teams we are playing, we have to keep the starters on the field. Maybe we can blow UNC away early enough to get some of these talented kids some game experience.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
One of the worst calls ever in Tallahassee Saturday got a Seminole sent off. I hate FSU but it was a pathetic enforcement of this bad rule.
I didn't see it because I was at our game, but I live in Tallahassee and I heard all about it. The really strange thing about the call was that there was no call on the field. The replay official buzzed the crew and then ruled it to be targeting. So you had a player ejected for the rest of the game and the first half of the next game and there was no penalty called on the play. Bizarre. Again, I didn't see it, just heard about it but it sounds like at worst it's a personal foul (if his hand made contact with the QBs head) and definitely not targeting. Seems like the league could review that and reinstate the player for the next game.