Pitt Postgame Discussion

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Just want to see one game where our 1st half offense and our 2nd half defense are in sync. Great win, but man the difference from the first and second half

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ's burns.

.."offense looked like it was off for 2 weeks... got to clean it up, bc against a good team we won't survive.."
"if we don't turn the ball over, we might have 700 yards... expectations are high on that side and they'll remain high.... we should have had 150 more yards rushing.."
"no use to throw bc we could get a 1st down running the ball 3 times most of the time"

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The offense is impressive and the defense was even more impressive today. Glad that the problems were turnovers as opposed to being able to move the ball. Personally think that turnovers are easier to address. Marshal's spins move was a classic. He is very athletic. I think JOnes will be him on steroids

This game should've been a lot more one sided on the scoreboard.

Roof's D was fan-dam-tastic today.

Our special teams continue to struggle.

Our O is great IF they can hold onto the ball.

We were rusty. Over recent years we have shown improvement as the season progresses. We need to do that this year as well. In that regard, the UCF cancellation probably hurt us.

Jmonty71

Banned
Other than the first series, the D was freaking outstanding today! Kudos and credit for those young men. I did see some messed up coverages. Pitt's QB does not pass progress very well. However; our DL applied good pressure to make the QB throw early. I thought the LBs disappeared in the fray too often. But, the DBs and the DL came to play today. The tackling was MUCH better. Hopefully we keep it up. Go Jackets!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I thought tackling was spotty, and several times -- including on that well conceived 80-yard punt return -- tacklers flew to the ball out of control and lost the tackle. Passing was awful. Bbacks ran really well but fumbles are going to kill us. I don't buy the layoff as blame for rust. If that is so then every time we have an off week we are going to really suck the nezt game. I did like the defense, a lot. But the offense is looking to break out and as Johnson said, an efficient game would have put 700 yards on the board today. Happy to win, just vaguely disappointed in the offensive performance. (Yeah, I know, 400+ rushing and all. But they were just sloppy.) Now, UNC. One at a time.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I thought tackling was spotty, and several times -- including on that well conceived 80-yard punt return -- tacklers flew to the ball out of control and lost the tackle. Passing was awful. Bbacks ran really well but fumbles are going to kill us. I don't buy the layoff as blame for rust. If that is so then every time we have an off week we are going to really suck the nezt game. I did like the defense, a lot. But the offense is looking to break out and as Johnson said, an efficient game would have put 700 yards on the board today. Happy to win, just vaguely disappointed in the offensive performance. (Yeah, I know, 400+ rushing and all. But they were just sloppy.) Now, UNC. One at a time.

Man you're living up to you name today!!!!! :D:D:D

4 turnovers need to clean up
Pitt decided to take out the A backs today so B back and QB the difference
That kid who returned that punt is really good. Need to watch out punting our coverage
Not going to give our D superman status because Pitt is bad on offense, but we got lots of pressure and shut any run game they had out.

No one is going to be excited about playing us.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

That was the best tackling I've seen from a tech games in ages, you're out of your mind.

Only gripe/concern I have is if we face a polished, pocket passer...we may be in trouble.