Pitt Postgame Discussion

Deleted member 2897

Not one single opposing team has done much better than 50% of the offense we do. We have blown the other teams off the field so far. We just need to keep the mistakes to a minimum and we could be great this year. UNC just lost to Duke, so UNC is now 1-3. We should steamroll them if we play well. I hate the thought of playing Duke for the Coastal division late in the year - somebody needs to start beating them. They are now 4-0, but still haven't played a team with a winning record.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Pitt O isn't good but our D did what they needed to against them. Penn St way over rated.

We blow the game today against a good to decent team. Got a lot to clean up but a good W.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Drive summary

upload_2017-9-23_20-22-8.png

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Just want to see one game where our 1st half offense and our 2nd half defense are in sync. Great win, but man the difference from the first and second half
We gave up 10 points in the first half, wtf more do you want?

I swear we will pitch a shut out one day and people with ***** we gave up too many yards.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We gave up 10 points in the first half, wtf more do you want?

I swear we will pitch a shut out one day and people with ***** we gave up too many yards.
I think you are missing his point.... why did you only bring up the D and not the O when he was talking about both. He wasn't putting down the D. He was just saying if you put together what he said we would look way better. I could be wrong, correct me if I am @wvangelderen I think you are getting defensive over all the D comments in the past and taking his comment as a hit at our D, but I don't think it was.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I think you are missing his point.... why did you only bring up the D and not the O when he was talking about both. He wasn't putting down the D. He was just saying if you put together what he said we would look way better. I could be wrong, correct me if I am @wvangelderen I think you are getting defensive over all the D comments in the past and taking his comment as a hit at our D, but I don't think it was.
You are right.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
D did great today but from CPJ's comments the last two weeks he was heavily involved in the D planning.

Extra aggression paid off, and CPJ got involved early this year, but why can't CTR just start the season this way?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Except for Pitt's first series - where they carved us up for 78 yards in 5 plays - The D did a fine job today!

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
KirV0nte is a beast. The way he bulled through some plays was impressive. Average of 5.3 ypg if the long run (47 yds ???) is removed.

196 yards on 29 carries. (CPJ did state that he probably ran him too much today.)

He over came the 1st possession fumble where it appeared he was looking at the D instead of making sure he caught the pitch.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
:eek:Rumor is that Jahaziel Lee (#53) might be gettign a hearing aid to here the snap count... (just kidding jsut in case anyone thinks I was being serious)

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
:eek:Rumor is that Jahaziel Lee (#53) might be gettign a hearing aid to here the snap count... (just kidding jsut in case anyone thinks I was being serious)

It will be interesting to see the slow motion breakdown.

He was flying off the ball, but there were several times I thought he was a step early.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="awbuzz, post: 344484, member: 443
196 yards on 29 carries. (CPJ did state that he probably ran him too much today.)

He over came the 1st possession fumble where it appeared he was looking at the D instead of making sure he caught the pitch.[/QUOTE]

This is his third start. I reckon he's due a little slack. I was glad that he finally got into the open; he was close to breaking runs at least 8 times in the game and finally got his chance. He played with real courage today too; he was hurt in the first half and took himself out three times only to come back in and shred the Pitt D.

And, yes, Coach should have let Quaid run it in down on the goal line. He showed today that he might should get more carries down in the red zone if Benson is bushed. Of course, since it was obvious that Pitt was selling out to stop sweeps, Benson was going to have a long day anyhow.