Pitt Postgame Discussion

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
You're looking up the middle, where they were pretty good. Look to the tackle out and watch the arms akimbo as they say.

I mean, I think you're just wrong there...literally every single person I was with watching the game were commenting on how sure our open field tackling was specifically around the Austin twins. Gunna agree to disagree here I think...

Jmonty71

Banned
My co-worker emailed me. Below is quoted...

"Damn dude.. I did not know that GT was that much of a rushing machine. Despite fumbling 4 times, you straight kicked their tails. I don't think many time will want to play you guys. Geez, you guys are much better than I thought. You should of beaten Tennessee. Good luck in the season. That QB is something special. On other teams, he's be a Heisman candidate".

I thought those were some pretty cool words.... Go Jackets.

Jmonty71

Banned

"Damn dude.. I did not know that GT was that much of a rushing machine. Despite fumbling 4 times, you straight kicked their tails. I don't think many time will want to play you guys. Geez, you guys are much better than I thought. You should of beaten Tennessee. Good luck in the season. That QB is something special. On other teams, he's be a Heisman candidate".

I think he meant. Many TEAMS will want to play you guys...... But you get the jest.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Let me guess, y'all are editors (y)

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Nobody has mentioned yet that surprisingly Tech whipped Pitt way better than #4 Penn State did. Scores we're about the same sure, but GT outgained 'em 484 to 235 while the Nitteny Lions were actually outgained 312 to 342...and that's with Pitt turning it over 3 times in their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you had told us before the game that we would have 4 lost fumbles and given up a ST TD, most, if not all, would have predicted a loss. kudos to Ted and the D. I noticed the MLB quite a bit today and thought he tackled with force, something that has sorely been lacking by our LB's over the last few years. Nice game by Freeman and Simmons. Also like the TD run by Quade.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Today makes one think of 2014. Would not be surprised if the results of 2014 are exceeded.

If the Defense can continue to play like that, sort a ball security, and tighten special teams, there should not be a game that we will not be competitive!

THWG!

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Final score should have been closer to 56-10. We have a chance to be really, really good, but the turnovers and special teams suckage have got to get fixed or they’ll cost a(nother) game later this year.

The good news is we’ve outclassed three opponents. The bad news is we’re not 3-0.