Per the Ajc: CPJ working through contract extension through 2022

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
And how many times or how much have you given in the past 50 years? I realize you are young, so I know the answer to that question. But the TRUE fans are the ones who have been supporting Tech through thick and thin (a helluva lot of thin) over the years, and I can assure you that WE are not stopping now, nor are we calling for yet another ride on the coaching carousel that has doomed us ever since Dodd. You apparently have no idea what changing coaches, no matter the reason, does to a team. Each change means at least 3 years before things get turned around, other than with Johnson, who provided better results with Gailey's talent than Gailey could in his first two years alone.
Ah ok I guess I'm not a true fan if I'm not 65 years old and given to the AT fund for 40 years. I know you're in love with CPJ but your statements are getting out of hand here. Who said anything about stop being a fan? I think you're making things up. I'm born and bred GT all the way and you don't get to determine who's a true tech fan or not

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I see your point. We need to have a Coach who will unite us 100% and win all of his games. Then we will all open our wallets and have an acceptable program. We can start off by beating Clemson and Ugag under our current restrictions. :)

WE HAVE AN OUTSTANDING COACH AND HIS NAME IS PAUL JOHNSON!
Y'all are triggered right now.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Nope. This board is obviously pro CPJ no matter what. Fanbase is clearly split about him and if you can't see that then I don't know what to say
I notice you didn’t say “ evenly split”, so I will agree with you. Every fan base is split. Even last year after Alabama lost the national championship to Clemson at the end of the game, there were some Bama fans saying the game had passed Saban by and it was time for him to go. If you were to come out and say the fan base is evenly split, then I would just say I want whatever you’ve been drinking, ‘cause it must be some pretty strong hooch.

Ah ok I guess I'm not a true fan if I'm not 65 years old and given to the AT fund for 40 years. I know you're in love with CPJ but your statements are getting out of hand here. Who said anything about stop being a fan? I think you're making things up. I'm born and bred GT all the way and you don't get to determine who's a true tech fan or not
And you're making things up when you post things like that. Being a TRUE fan is not dependent on age or longevity or amount of support. But a TRUE fan doesn't call for the firing of a coach every 5 or 6 years, knowing full well, that a new coach will in all likelihood have no, or very little, success until his 3rd year. All you have to do in Tech's regard is to look at Bobby Ross. He stunk it up his first 2 years on the Flats, and there were many calling for us to dump him. And then look what happened. But of course he left after taking us to the heights, just like most successful coaches do at all schools, and we had to start over yet another time. Sure 2 out of the past 3 years have sucked, but we have also won one ACC championship (NCAA be damned), several coastal crowns, been to the Orange Bowl twice, and been one of the highest ranked offenses in the country for probably 7 out of Johnson's 10 years on the Flats. I think TRUE fans look to the successes and understand the potential for self-destruction by jumping on the coaching carousel yet another time, and they suck it up, until it gets so bad that termination is the only alternative. It was obvious after only one year of Bill Lewis that we were in deep doodoo, and we didn't wait to handle the situation. We are far from being at that point now.

Milwaukee

Banned
Nope. This board is obviously pro CPJ no matter what. Fanbase is clearly split about him and if you can't see that then I don't know what to say

You keep claiming the fanbase is split, but you're not even close to being accurate. Upset and delusional maybe, but not accurate. Were you banned from somewhere else because you couldn't get the anti PJ momentum you wanted and now you're trying to find it here? Honestly, just asking. I don't think you'll find that here unless he has 2 more sub par seasons in my honest opinion. This is a fair and rational board...unless you catch us in Chat during a game and we're drinking and losing...then we're all idiots.

Milwaukee

Banned
And how many times or how much have you given in the past 50 years? I realize you are young, so I know the answer to that question. But the TRUE fans are the ones who have been supporting Tech through thick and thin (a helluva lot of thin) over the years, and I can assure you that WE are not stopping now, nor are we calling for yet another ride on the coaching carousel that has doomed us ever since Dodd. You apparently have no idea what changing coaches, no matter the reason, does to a team. Each change means at least 3 years before things get turned around, other than with Johnson, who provided better results with Gailey's talent than Gailey could in his first two years alone.

Not fair to start measuring people on how much they donate. I've sat beside fans at games who have never given a dime and they were great fans.

DallasBuzzFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Except that isn't what is said at all. It's not that I expect our offense to score more than 28 every single game. It's I expect our offense to occasionally be able to win games where the opposing team scores 28. But we don't have that now.

Do you realize that against Tenn., we ran 96 play and Tenn. ran 42 plays and we still lost and gave up 42 points? That’s a point per play. Let that sink in. If we ran a different offense and scored really quick and didn't keep the ball longer than most other style offenses do, Tenn. would have probably scored 90 points on us. Not many offenses can cover that deficiency up.

We gave up 24 or more points in 7 games this year. We averaged scoring 27.1 ppg. We averaged giving up 28.2 ppg. While keeping the ball much longer than our opponents. We were 6th nationally in time of possession.

The offense wasn’t great (not even average in comparison to previous years), but CPJ had to take calculated risk to keep our defense off of the field.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You keep claiming the fanbase is split, but you're not even close to being accurate. Upset and delusional maybe, but not accurate. Were you banned from somewhere else because you couldn't get the anti PJ momentum you wanted and now you're trying to find it here? Honestly, just asking. I don't think you'll find that here unless he has 2 more sub par seasons in my honest opinion. This is a fair and rational board...unless you catch us in Chat during a game and we're drinking and losing...then we're all idiots.
Haven't been banned anywhere yet but I got a feeling I'm close on here.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Funny but true. :)

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
And you're making things up when you post things like that. Being a TRUE fan is not dependent on age or longevity or amount of support. But a TRUE fan doesn't call for the firing of a coach every 5 or 6 years, knowing full well, that a new coach will in all likelihood have no, or very little, success until his 3rd year. All you have to do in Tech's regard is to look at Bobby Ross. He stunk it up his first 2 years on the Flats, and there were many calling for us to dump him. And then look what happened. But of course he left after taking us to the heights, just like most successful coaches do at all schools, and we had to start over yet another time. Sure 2 out of the past 3 years have sucked, but we have also won one ACC championship (NCAA be damned), several coastal crowns, been to the Orange Bowl twice, and been one of the highest ranked offenses in the country for probably 7 out of Johnson's 10 years on the Flats. I think TRUE fans look to the successes and understand the potential for self-destruction by jumping on the coaching carousel yet another time, and they suck it up, until it gets so bad that termination is the only alternative. It was obvious after only one year of Bill Lewis that we were in deep doodoo, and we didn't wait to handle the situation. We are far from being at that point now.
I haven't seen anyone call on CPJ to be fired so once again you're making things up.