Per the Ajc: CPJ working through contract extension through 2022

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
You don’t want him gone?! Evidently I am a moron, because that is the way I’ve been reading almost every one of your posts.
Nope. It just seems like that to the CPJ forever crowd. If you say anything negative against him you're literally called not a true fan.

Milwaukee

Banned
Nope. It just seems like that to the CPJ forever crowd. If you say anything negative against him you're literally called not a true fan.

PJ's special teams are a nightmare. PJ refuses to attempt more bback, or even better, aback screens against fronts like Clemson's.

That's me criticizing PJ, nobody is calling me a bad fan because of it.

So again, just take the L.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do you realize that against Tenn., we ran 96 play and Tenn. ran 42 plays and we still lost and gave up 42 points? That’s a point per play. Let that sink in. If we ran a different offense and scored really quick and didn't keep the ball longer than most other style offenses do, Tenn. would have probably scored 90 points on us. Not many offenses can cover that deficiency up.

Didn't realize it because it isn't true. UT ran 53 plays in regulation alone and scored 28 points. Nowhere near a point per play. Also, 28 points in regulation isn't a deficiency that is hard to overcome. Many offense can cover that up. Also, you act like the offense is the only reason for the difference in number of plays. The defense forced 5 three and outs, and had two more drives of a single first down then punt/turnover out of 11 drives for UT. I guess the defense should have allowed UT to gain a few more first downs before forcing those punts to pad the useless number of plays stat.

Since when does CPJ fear playing the mutts? Hell, he's beat them 2 out of the last 4 years. And there's nothing to say that we can't win in Athens again next year, if Woody is as good as advertised. I also don't think he fears Clemson. I think he respects them, but he is far from being afraid of them. Of course, then you close by contradicting yourself. Which is it? Div I coaches don't fear other teams, or CPJ (a Div I coach) DOES fear other teams? You can't have it both ways. And if you don't think other teams fear playing us, or at least don't want to play us because of our offense, then why do so many Div I teams refuse to play us (Bama, for instance)?

Umm, that was the point of my response: Teams don't fear us anymore than CPJ fears them. Obviously CPJ doesn't fear them. Can you connect the dots here?

Teams are NOT afraid of playing us and never have been.

I'm not saying all 4 and 5 star kids have bad character. But, there is a decent percentage that does.. They KNOW they can do almost whatever and be ok. Winston comes to mind.. How many Ugag players have DUI's and drug charges?? Look at some Ole Miss players.. The list can go on... If I really wanted to dig for the info.

We've had a couple of guys get kicked off too.

You're going to be disappointed if you are looking for any offense that scores more then 28 points every game. Not going to happen all teams have 1 or 2 bad games. I'm more of the guy that if my defense gives up over 28 points I'm disappointed in the defense knowing that most of the time the other offense will only have the ball 12 times or less per game.

The top 70 offenses in 2017 all scored 28 or more PPG.

We're ranked 70th lol

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27/p2

So if your not in love with CPJ you're not a true fan? Hahahaha I've given to the the AT fund twice in the last 2 week's but I guess I'm not a real fan. That statement you just made is a joke

apparently just wanting us to win games isn't enough for some. Gotta bow down before the HC to show loyalty, I guess.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Coaching. The league is passing us by in coaching. And no, it's not just on the defensive side either. People love to talk about how great Johnson's offense is, but the fact is we are now at the point where the offense isn't good enough to win a game unless the defense hold's teams under 28. We've done it once in the last 3 years and that was the duke game where we gave them the ball twice in a row on their side of the field for TDs. And it's not like we just need the defense to hold teams under 28 to win. We've lost 7 games the last 3 years where we gave up 28 or less in regulation. Now ideally we should be able to hold most teams under 28, but if we must do that to win then there really isn't any advantage to the offense we run like fans claim.

We'd be better off if Johnson hired an OC, took a step away from play calling, allowed the new OC to adapt the offense, and focused on being the head coach of the entire team, not just one side of it.

Ahh...so it’s just how you feel. Got it.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So let me get this straight so I’m no longer considered a moron. You think the fanbase is split regarding CPJ but you haven’t seen anyone wanting him to be fired. What exactly are they split on? Whether he’s wearing the right shade of gold?
I haven't seen anyone on HERE call for CPJ to be fired. I've talked to people in the real world that aren't happy with the extension and I've seen some of that on here as well. To deny that our fanbase has a big chunk that are upset with CPJ is just idiotic

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
PJ's special teams are a nightmare. PJ refuses to attempt more bback, or even better, aback screens against fronts like Clemson's.

That's me criticizing PJ, nobody is calling me a bad fan because of it.

So again, just take the L.
Mod , Can we have this guy banned ? Everything he has posted since 2:57 today has been critical of CPJ. Nothing positive to say in a single post since then!o_O