Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I wish I knew more about the “missed assignments” CPJ is always talking about. Do they forget their assignments or are they not physically able to get into position for their assignments? If it’s the former, could the plays be too complicated? Do they need to be more vanilla?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some guy ran did a re-run of the same play to left in the usf game 3 times with various results. Twice we were thrown for loss.Besides the Def being stacked the LT, Quinney, missed blocks on those plays--once he just fell down..
This Off is complicated and demanding.It seems that there is a missed assignment on most all of the replays.Amazing.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Cracks me up the people who say no way to Kiffin. It’s the elitist attitude that hurts GT more than you know. While I think no way it happens bc of this line of thinking, look at his resume. Football minds like him enough that not only did an nfl team hire him but so did 2 blue bloods of college football. The best freaking coach in the game jumped to hire him as OC. He is also one if the best coaches with the media I’ve ever seen. Get a clue people, if he’s good enough for Saban he’s good enough for me. He would recruit his butt off.

It’s not elitist. I’m about results, where has Kiffin won at as a HC?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Kiffin realizes he made a mistake leaving TN, but he brought an exciting offense. QB’s love him.

He got a lot of kudos for running into the burning building called USC until it collapsed on his head. I love him but he’s got zero morality. He’d bang Peterson’s wife if he could.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Where has he not won? He’s never had a losing record. He went 10-2 his 2nd year at usc under sanctions from previous staff and won 11 at freaking FAU ( they won 3 prior yr)last year including 8-0 in conference and blow out win in bowl game.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Where has he not won? He’s never had a losing record. He went 10-2 his 2nd year at usc under sanctions from previous staff and won 11 at freaking FAU ( they won 3 prior yr)last year including 8-0 in conference and blow out win in bowl game.
He got fired midway through the 2013 season at USC. As I recall, Pat Haden canned him before even getting on the plane. You cannot ignore the fact that he went 10-2 in 2011, went into 2012 as the preseason number one team in the country and went 7-6. As for what he's done at FAU? Good for him! It's impressive Last year was a great season, but they'll probably do the same thing this year and if you saw what Oklahoma did to them in week 1, it's not like he's turned them into "The Boise State" of the Sun Belt

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Gailey never had a losing record that doesn’t make him good either. 1 yr doesn’t negate the of his coaching history excluding his stint with the raiders. My lasting memory of him was him getting blasted at the Sun Bowl. FAU? Lol. Good joke

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think that there are just as good coaches out there without the baggage that Kiffin comes with. My number 1, if CPJ is not coach next year, is Satterfield at App State. They always play tough, physical football and are extremely well coached. I also really want to keep Woody here and Satterfield would more than likely do that.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I have never been in favor of hiring Kiffin and he still wouldn't be high on my list, but it's possible to think he has maybe matured in some ways. I mean, he got a head coaching gig at, what, 33? He still likes to wind people up on Twitter with some fairly gentle trolling, but he hasn't done anything pearl-clutchingly awful recently. He's got about as much head coaching experience as any 43 year old I can think of, is still a prodigy when it comes to offense, and generally wins at a decent to good rate.

I dunno. I could be talked into getting excited by such a hire. It's not likely to happen, but it probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Gailey never had a losing record that doesn’t make him good either. 1 yr doesn’t negate the of his coaching history excluding his stint with the raiders. My lasting memory of him was him getting blasted at the Sun Bowl. FAU? Lol. Good joke
You asked where he had won? I simply answered the question. Laughing at taking a program that won 3 games the prior year and winning 11 including 8-0 in conference is elitist. Not to mention the fact Saban jumped at the chance to get him at Bama. I guess Saban doesn’t know what he’s doing.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I have seen this scenerios in industry. When a company is on top with products or services and over time they lose their position to a new younger company, they tend to think they just need to work their process harder to regain their position. The problem is their process forgot to innovate and change with the competition. I'm afraid PJ thinks his problem is that he just needs to work his system harder. No innovation or changes are necessary. His system worked so it must not be done correctly. I just want him to make a few changes. Reevaluate. Have his DC critique his O. Bobby Ross and GOL did that. I really want him to succeed. He has been good for our program for 10 years. If he can't change then maybe time to go.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
And just an FYI- I don’t think we would target Kiffin. I just don’t get the people saying no way. I’m interested to see them play ucf this Friday.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yea my two names that I've been thinking of if we decide to move on have been Kiffin or Charlie Strong. Both are good recruiters, you just have an offensive vs defensive mind. Hell I'd take kiffin as a replacement OC for the falcons too.

I keep seeing Charlie Strong's name from time to time. In case you weren't aware, his last gig was at a little place called Texas. Maybe one of the 5 best college HC jobs in the world. Where he went 16-21, including 5 wins in his 3rd year. We have that level of performance in place now. I can't imagine a guy who can't win at Texas winning at GT. What am I missing with this guy??? Yeah, he beat us in week 2 but that is not a compelling argument in my mind.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I have seen this scenerios in industry. When a company is on top with products or services and over time they lose their position to a new younger company, they tend to think they just need to work their process harder to regain their position. The problem is their process forgot to innovate and change with the competition. I'm afraid PJ thinks his problem is that he just needs to work his system harder. No innovation or changes are necessary. His system worked so it must not be done correctly. I just want him to make a few changes. Reevaluate. Have his DC critique his O. Bobby Ross and GOL did that. I really want him to succeed. He has been good for our program for 10 years. If he can't change then maybe time to go.
++++++ Also remember Ross and O'Leary doing that with good results.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Kiffin wouldn't come to GT because he wouldn't be able to recruit the way he'd want. He'd actually have to work and evaluate a ton and not being able to go after the best talent possible would work him to much.

My choice is #1 Goose Godsey
and someone put me on Mike MacIntyre and he had done pretty good at a P5 school
Scott Satterfield and Ken Wisenhunt are my other two.
Honorable Mention Mike Houston at James Madison

Status
Not open for further replies.