Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure how reliable of a person he is but Bill Shanks is reporting Johnson is retiring.

Since I think this qualifies as “public,” his reporting is correct.

Should be announced this afternoon.

I’ll just add, careful what you wish for...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
AJC Article

The Johnson era at Tech ends with an 83-59 record, the longest tenure and most wins for a head coach at the school since coach Bobby Dodd’s retirement.
He did it with a spread-option offense that was derided by many but bedeviled opponents and piled up points and yards.

Tech won the 2009 ACC championship – just the third in school history – and finished eighth in the country in 2014 with a team that won 11 games while beating Virginia Tech, Miami, Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State. In 2008, his first season at Tech, the Jackets ended a seven-game losing streak to archrival Georgia, and then led the Jackets to wins in Athens in 2014 and 2016.

The team’s two Orange Bowl appearances, at the end of the 2009 and 2014 seasons, were the Jackets’ only major-bowl appearances since Dodd.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
AJC Article

The Johnson era at Tech ends with an 83-59 record, the longest tenure and most wins for a head coach at the school since coach Bobby Dodd’s retirement.
He did it with a spread-option offense that was derided by many but bedeviled opponents and piled up points and yards.

Tech won the 2009 ACC championship – just the third in school history – and finished eighth in the country in 2014 with a team that won 11 games while beating Virginia Tech, Miami, Clemson, Georgia and Mississippi State. In 2008, his first season at Tech, the Jackets ended a seven-game losing streak to archrival Georgia, and then led the Jackets to wins in Athens in 2014 and 2016.

The team’s two Orange Bowl appearances, at the end of the 2009 and 2014 seasons, were the Jackets’ only major-bowl appearances since Dodd.

A lot of y’all got your wish. CPJ is gone. I guess we will find out who was right, the CPJ haters or the CPJ defenders. My money is on the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.