Paul Johnson time frame.

What gets CPJ fired or encouraged to resign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that does it, then. We certainly don’t want a head coach who is arrogant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fe4hV.gif

Deleted member 2897

I thought after last year’s off-season come to Jesus between Todd Stansbury and Danny Hall that he’d be gone after another disappointing year. However, Todd said (paraphrasing) Danny’s knowledge of baseball was as sharp as ever. Well, if that’s his standard for firing someone, I have absolutely no guess for what would get CPJ fired or not. I feel like it’s all in CPJs hands for when he’s ready to quit or not.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I thought after last year’s off-season come to Jesus between Todd Stansbury and Danny Hall that he’d be gone after another disappointing year. However, Todd said (paraphrasing) Danny’s knowledge of baseball was as sharp as ever. Well, if that’s his standard for firing someone, I have absolutely no guess for what would get CPJ fired or not. I feel like it’s all in CPJs hands for when he’s ready to quit or not.

That concerns me that tstans is a brand guy, but not a winning guy. Or gutsy to make tough calls and take risks.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
After he was given a contract extension I don't see Stansbury would fired CPJ. If CPJ decides he is ready to go that would be one thing. Next year would be a different story. When CPJ came he looked excited I'm just not see that now.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We hired Curry who had no head coaching experience over George Welch with proven success at Navy. Curry tried the NFL approach. He had a good DC in Lindsey . Curry was great in front of the camera and was a good recruiter in a lot of ways. Welch went on to turn around UVA who had been the ACC doormat back then along with WF. Our big win in 1990 was beating them who were number 1 at the time. Once again how did we pull it out--wait for it--our field goal kicker. Now how important is that position?

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Cracks me up the people who say no way to Kiffin. It’s the elitist attitude that hurts GT more than you know. While I think no way it happens bc of this line of thinking, look at his resume. Football minds like him enough that not only did an nfl team hire him but so did 2 blue bloods of college football. The best freaking coach in the game jumped to hire him as OC. He is also one if the best coaches with the media I’ve ever seen. Get a clue people, if he’s good enough for Saban he’s good enough for me. He would recruit his butt off.
Not to mention, his offenses at Bama were some of the best Saban had. We would be lucky to get him, otherwise you may see him at FSU or UNC

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Not to mention, his offenses at Bama were some of the best Saban had. We would be lucky to get him, otherwise you may see him at FSU or UNC

I personally like Kiffin. Players loved him, although the admin ... not so much. We would attract QB's like bees to honey.

But, he has so much baggage. He rolled every woman available in Knoxville and banged booster's wives in Tuscaloosa. Still, he runs an exciting brand of football. No way the Hill touches him.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IF things keep going as is (in game management, lackluster recruiting, certain aspects of the game totally underperforming, etc.) how can GT NOT afford to make a change.

I don't see CPJ, for whatever reason, being able to change the things going wrong.

If he could, he would have done some things different by now.

We can not afford, in every way, to be in this position next year.

Much less in 2022.

IF things keep going as is (in game management, lackluster recruiting, certain aspects of the game totally underperforming, etc.) how can GT NOT afford to make a change.

I don't see CPJ, for whatever reason, being able to change the things going wrong.

If he could, he would have done some things different by now.

We can not afford, in every way, to be in this position next year.

Much less in 2022.

Agreed - I think it's a rather-large red flag that, some 10 years in under CPJ, we are still sooo bad fundamentally. Throwing the ball, catching the ball, blocking people, tackling people, making PATs....these are football basics. Forget things like "Don't run fake-punts in the 1st qtr from your own 27 yd line with a 270# DE trying to get 8 yards". We're dreadful with the basics, which is a failure of coaching.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Agreed - I think it's a rather-large red flag that, some 10 years in under CPJ, we are still sooo bad fundamentally. Throwing the ball, catching the ball, blocking people, tackling people, making PATs....these are football basics. Forget things like "Don't run fake-punts in the 1st qtr from your own 27 yd line with a 270# DE trying to get 8 yards". We're dreadful with the basics, which is a failure of coaching.

He is so worried about the option that the other things fall wayside. Then it shows up when we get torched on a simple assignment. He's become obsessed with his option baby and left everything else behind. He thinks it should come easy, but forgets they are kids and almost need things spoon fed to them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I personally like Kiffin. Players loved him, although the admin ... not so much. We would attract QB's like bees to honey.

But, he has so much baggage. He rolled every woman available in Knoxville and banged booster's wives in Tuscaloosa. Still, he runs an exciting brand of football. No way the Hill touches him.

I have a friend who has direct knowledge that Kiffen has turned over a new leaf.

No guarantee it will stay turned over so I say move in to next guy if its anytime soon.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I really think PJ gets another year regardless. It helps get Hewitt off the books and frees up some money plus lowers a buyout. Next year we will break in a new starter at QB. So far Tobias hasn't shown he can pass and LJ isn't getting PT this year. Hard to win with our schedule and inexperienced QB. D might get better with another year. Not sure we should expect ST to be any better. It has never been good in the years without Butker. 2019 will be the season.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I have a friend who has direct knowledge that Kiffen has turned over a new leaf.

No guarantee it will stay turned over so I say move in to next guy if its anytime soon.

According to pundits, if Kiffin finishes this year like he did last year, he's headed back to a major school.

Status
Not open for further replies.