Just heard Tstan on 680

northgajacket

Banned
Person 1: We aren’t winning as much as I’d like. It’s probably related to recruiting.

Person 2: Yeah, I mean, it’s probably at least partially related to that, but that brings a lot of other issues into play.

Person 1: We need more money for recruiting and more majors.

Person 2: We can’t just snap our fingers and get more majors, and are you paying the freight?

Person 1: We need to try harder, and no, I’m only an internet commenter; it’s not my job to execute all my problem solving ideas.

Person 2: The people are already working 100 hours a week.

Person 1: Derka derka recruiting.

Wall, to Person 2: Please come bang your head here. It’ll be easier that way.

All I'am saying is there is a way, just have to figure it out instead of whining and being content or saying Dave Braine was right. Oh and notice how I hit the reply button in my post.

northgajacket

Banned
Still think it s amazing how one poster on here criticized a certain coach and everyone is on him like fat women at an all you can eat buffet and then get mad when he said he feels like TStan wants to win. Look I'm not saying Tech should win the Natty or even the conference every year, but let's be real no P5 program should be having recruiting classes that are lower ranked than the Western Michigan's and Colorado state's of the world. Has CPJ gotten good recruits? Has CPJ coached them to be better than expected? Yes. I just feel like the fanbase is way too apathetic and I believe that is something that has happened for way too long.

And if me having to work instead of attending games is an issue DQ's me, then all I have to say is I don't care, I will say what I want to say.
You have a REASON (not an EXCUSE) for not attending games. Nothing about that should DQ you. It does suck though that you can't attend. I feel for you having to work on Saturdays. You can't even make the unfortunately very few night games?

northgajacket

Banned
Now how about dropping Calculus requirement for students who are in Liberal Arts Majors. I will admit that I am not sure if BOR has say over that or not.

northgajacket

Banned
They probably don't. Surprising, actually, that they even allowed a liberal arts major at Tech, but I don't think they have any say-so over the requirements for individual majors.

Then why doesn't Tech remove the requirement for those in the Liberal Arts, I understand having it for the Engineering programs, but Liberal Arts? Really? If all students in Liberal Arts had that exemption then it would not be a violation. I would think that some players would go for those majors f the Calc. requirement for all was eliminated.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Then why doesn't Tech remove the requirement for those in the Liberal Arts, I understand having it for the Engineering programs, but Liberal Arts? Really? If all students in Liberal Arts had that exemption then it would not be a violation. I would think that some players would go for those majors f the Calc. requirement for all was eliminated.
Not sure if this is still true, but at one time every major was a Bachelors of Science. Maybe that is why Calc is a part of every curriculum. I had to take Calculus for Industrial Design which is as close to an Art major as you can get at GT.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
North- hang in there.
Some of us know that you are searching for anything to make us better.

We have an AD that played g t football on Grant field! He will add buzz to th He games and every thing he does.

On this site there are many similar folks who are very worried that criticism will be turned on coach. They attack it with statements of great support. Sometimes they get carried away with obviously wrong statements like " coach only has m i t ki ds on his team, and the Stanford and ND players are stupid ".

Suggest u listen to th he recent coach show and post games the few days after clemson. Sure we goit beat down, but coach was not giving up when he says we arent a university for all kids. When he says we need to lift our sights to find those good,athletes to come to tech.

I am ever hopeful he is ready to look at a larger area now that recruiting at gt has gotton better.

When I met Todd Spencer in coaches 2nd year, I found out hee was about we had for gt recruiting out side ga. I was trying to get gt to recruit a Texas kid my son coached. Very fast and pretty large 185# rb. G t only sent a letter so he went to Purdue. Todd made it clear they had to get better at recruiting locally. Knowing some of the ast coaches I can assure they have been doing better - we have what some sites say is the best recruiting class of db in the nation.
We have hired an ast coach from texas who was a recruiter for the smaller schools where he worked.

Got to give tstan some time Ann's when he asks for help, I am sure u will help.

Keep the faith.
Ps the Morgan twin s are beasts.
Their arms are small compared to Marshall

When I went to the Shreveport bowl our athletes were way undersized. We are making progress.

20171021_195152.jpg

northgajacket

Banned
Been in the business for 35 years and never once had a need for cal. Geometry all the time, but never call.

I knew someone who went to Tech wanting to be in Architecture. he had a hard time passing Calc and had to drop. I know Tech at least in the past has sometimes boasted about having a high attrition rate as a source of pride.

jacob

Banned
Still think it s amazing how one poster on here criticized a certain coach and everyone is on him like fat women at an all you can eat buffet and then get mad when he said he feels like TStan wants to win. Look I'm not saying Tech should win the Natty or even the conference every year, but let's be real no P5 program should be having recruiting classes that are lower ranked than the Western Michigan's and Colorado state's of the world. Has CPJ gotten good recruits? Has CPJ coached them to be better than expected? Yes. I just feel like the fanbase is way too apathetic and I believe that is something that has happened for way too long.
Thanks man