Just heard Tstan on 680

northgajacket

Banned
Some of you act like we just don't recruit these kids. We recruited Deshaun Watson. We recruited Kelly Bryant. We recruited Roquan Smith. We recruited Trenton Thompson. We recruited Nick Chubb. We recruited Dexter Lawrence.

Outside of kidnapping these kids and chaining them to the Edge Center, I'm not sure what else you want Johnson to do. As he says, they have to want to come here too. And if they don't, then you move on and get the best players that you can get. I would love to hear the plan from those of you that say we need to recruit better - is it to dedicate more resources? Pull out your checkbooks. Is it that we're not identifying the right talent? I just gave you 6 impact kids off the top of my head that we recruited that decided to go elsewhere, so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.

If someone can legitimately lay out a road map of how to achieve recruiting success that includes actions/areas that CPJ has direct control over, I would love to hear it. Until then, stop whining about recruiting.

I think that post was a whine in itself.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The main problem I see is CPJ recruits to a system vs taking best player available and coaching them to play in our system. Now I may be wrong in that, but it is what is showing.
... show how does that system effect the defense recruits? Pass coverage, tackling is different how?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a troll and I'm not just some kid. This is literally hilarious. Just because i feel like we can be better than 6 or 7 wins a year i get called a teenager and a troll. Some of yall got low expectations.
Dude, if you sound like a troll, respond like a troll, provoke like a troll, and "smell" like a troll, you can't blame people for thinking you are one.

Your course is clear. If you aren't a troll, start making arguments and refuting responses to them instead of trying to provoke responses with emotional outbursts. That's what makes this board the usually pleasant place it is. Put up or shut up.

northgajacket

Banned
Not athletic scholarships, but there is a ton of financial aid available. They just don't call it an athletic scholarship.
Regardless, it has to do with someone actually sticking with the 'academics matter' narrative.

True, but Harvard is not on TV weekly, not in FBS, doesn't even participate in FCS playoffs. I agree the academic factor at Harvard is better than Tech, everything else? : No

BTW, the academics issue is just one issue.

northgajacket

Banned
Dude, if you sound like a troll, respond like a troll, provoke like a troll, and "smell" like a troll, you can't blame people for thinking you are one.

Your course is clear. If you aren't a troll, start making arguments and refuting responses to them instead of trying to provoke responses with emotional outbursts. That's what makes this board the usually pleasant place it is. Put up or shut up.

I think he does have a point. IAH, I think in the 1970's a lot of fans threw in the towel when it comes to being competitive and I believe that culture has bled into today. I think it is amazing that there is a poster on here who does want the team to be better and you guys call him a troll because he has the nerve to call out the Dear Leader on something.

jacob

Banned

Put up or shut up? Lol I'm not paid to come up with complex ideas for us to get better. I think we need to raise more money to get more staff for recruiting. Now it's the AD's job to get that done which i think he will. I'm just tired of alot of people's mindset on this board. If i dare to say CPJ is not a good recruiter I constantly get insults thrown at me.

I think he does have a point. IAH, I think in the 1970's a lot of fans threw in the towel when it comes to being competitive and I believe that culture has bled into today. I think it is amazing that there is a poster on here who does want the team to be better and you guys call him a troll because he has the nerve to call out the Dear Leader on something.
It's more a matter of how he has responded to others' posts, rather than his actually pretty good initial post.

Put up or shut up? Lol I'm not paid to come up with complex ideas for us to get better. I think we need to raise more money to get more staff for recruiting. Now it's the AD's job to get that done which i think he will. I'm just tired of alot of people's mindset on this board. If i dare to say CPJ is not a good recruiter I constantly get insults thrown at me.
The problem with that is that your claim that CPJ is not a good recruiter is purely subjective. Do you think he's not working his tail off to get recruits? Others have noted that he HAS recruited several top notch athletes (DeShawn Watson, for one), who chose to go elsewhere. What more could he have done that is legal to get those athletes to come to Tech?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
One problem GT has is too many “get off my lawn” old men as compared to other programs with younger folks. Lol

Not gonna get an argument from me there. I’m 32 but I look around at our games and it’s bleak for getting more fans younger than me to come when you’re being told to sit constantly and you’re weird if you make noise besides 3rd down. They act like it’s a tea party with their rules.

Not gonna get an argument from me there. I’m 32 but I look around at our games and it’s bleak for getting more fans younger than me to come when you’re being told to sit constantly and you’re weird if you make noise besides 3rd down. They act like it’s a tea party with their rules.
I guess I am a "get off my lawn" old man, but I stand and I yell throughout the game. However, for the WF game, some students (quite a few actually) got tickets in my section and close to me. They, like me, stood and yelled throughout the game when significant action was occurring on the field, but they also stood and turned their back on the field at other times in order to talk (and in one case, make out) with their fellow students. I don't want to have to stand up to see over people like that, especially when it means that I would then be guilty of blocking the view of those behind me.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I guess I am a "get off my lawn" old man, but I stand and I yell throughout the game. However, for the WF game, some students (quite a few actually) got tickets in my section and close to me. They, like me, stood and yelled throughout the game when significant action was occurring on the field, but they also stood and turned their back on the field at other times in order to talk (and in one case, make out) with their fellow students. I don't want to have to stand up to see over people like that, especially when it means that I would then be guilty of blocking the view of those behind me.
hold on I know how to make you go "Old Man mode"
thumb.aspx