Just heard Tstan on 680

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
Then why doesn't Tech remove the requirement for those in the Liberal Arts, I understand having it for the Engineering programs, but Liberal Arts? Really? If all students in Liberal Arts had that exemption then it would not be a violation. I would think that some players would go for those majors f the Calc. requirement for all was eliminated.
From the BOR Academic & Student Affairs Handbook Section 2.4.4

A calculus course is required in Area A2 for all engineering majors and for "all programs at Georgia Institute of Technology". While students may fulfill this requirement with a math course higher than a first course in calculus, institutions may not require them to do so.

northgajacket

Banned
From the BOR Academic & Student Affairs Handbook Section 2.4.4

A calculus course is required in Area A2 for all engineering majors and for "all programs at Georgia Institute of Technology". While students may fulfill this requirement with a math course higher than a first course in calculus, institutions may not require them to do so.

I would challenge that in all honesty, I don't think you can single out a single institution like that.

Then why doesn't Tech remove the requirement for those in the Liberal Arts, I understand having it for the Engineering programs, but Liberal Arts? Really? If all students in Liberal Arts had that exemption then it would not be a violation. I would think that some players would go for those majors f the Calc. requirement for all was eliminated.
Ask "the Hill"

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
And exactly where did I say defense in that post? I think the d coordinator does most of the recruiting on defense. Though I could be wrong there also. Reading comprehension.
"The main problem I see is CPJ recruits to a system vs taking best player available..."

To me that infered all recruits and does not specify offensive players only. Hence the assumption of all recruits which would include defense.

Animal02

Banned
I was too stubborn to drop...pulled my GPA up to a 2.1 the last 18 months........damn proud to be a GT graduate and people know what a degree from GT means. Small example....we had dinner with one of my wife's advisors from Ohio State a couple months ago. He is know around the world, and has made a fortune selling books he authored on behavioral psychology.( one is considered a bible in the field). It came up a n discussion that I had a degree from GT..you should have seen how his eye widened.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm busy on the weekends, otherwise I would be there (work). I have donated to GTAA in the past ( not much I will admit, but I guess every little bit helps).
Been there.
Work, kids, $s, etc. are real and don't always work out.

Keep being a GT fan, support when and how you can were you are, even if you can't be at a game. That includes not only contributions, but also wearing and displaying GT pride.

northgajacket

Banned
Been there.
Work, kids, $s, etc. are real and don't always work out.

Keep being a GT fan, support when and how you can were you are, even if you can't be at a game. That includes not only contributions, but also wearing and displaying GT pride.

Got a hat I wear quite a bit.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
And if me having to work instead of attending games is an issue DQ's me, then all I have to say is I don't care, I will say what I want to say.

It doesn't DQ you from having an opinion. I just grow weary of people with no skin in the game at all harping about GT. If you want to complain, then do something to make it better. Maybe you have to work, and so you can't make the games. Your pen works though. Stroke a check to the GTAA. Put some skin in the game. Otherwise, you're like my children. They can complain about the food I feed them all they want, but until they're buying the groceries, they will eat what I provide.

I will be blunt, however, when I say that I really don't care what people think about CPJ if they aren't attending games or donating to the cause through the A-T fund.

northgajacket

Banned
It doesn't DQ you from having an opinion. I just grow weary of people with no skin in the game at all harping about GT. If you want to complain, then do something to make it better. Maybe you have to work, and so you can't make the games. Your pen works though. Stroke a check to the GTAA. Put some skin in the game. Otherwise, you're like my children. They can complain about the food I feed them all they want, but until they're buying the groceries, they will eat what I provide.

I will be blunt, however, when I say that I really don't care what people think about CPJ if they aren't attending games or donating to the cause through the A-T fund.

Did you not read another post I made.