Just heard Tstan on 680

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Did you not read another post I made.

Yes. You said you used to give. I also am speaking in generalities. But I will take the time to address you individually.

You have stated that you have the right to say whatever you want. You have resorted to vulgarity in your language. You have insulted other posters who disagree with your premises. In general, you are behaving like an internet troll at this point. I have no use for anything you say at this point.

I am done with this thread, as it is going nowhere fast.

Hope you can make a game soon.

northgajacket

Banned
Yes. You said you used to give. I also am speaking in generalities. But I will take the time to address you individually.

You have stated that you have the right to say whatever you want. You have resorted to vulgarity in your language. You have insulted other posters who disagree with your premises. In general, you are behaving like an internet troll at this point. I have no use for anything you say at this point.

Ok have fun.

northgajacket

Banned

AWWWW

herb

Helluva Engineer
19789999.jpg

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We Tech fans constantly complain about the small fanbase. We need every last sidewalk fan we can get and need more. Boatloads more. That said, this is the most accepting/hospitable/classy/respectful GT board I've seen and I've been on 'em all. Sometimes we forget our P's and Q's but then we get back on track. I suggest we do that.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I do buddy, this didn't even concern you. It came across as since I'm just a "sidewalk fan" that my opinions are not valid.
You aren’t a victim. Stop acting like one.

No one thinks a fan who didn’t attend the school has per se invalid opinions, so don’t hide behind that. If your opinions are wrong - and they are - then amend them or defend them better. And learn to accept criticism. It isn’t always personal.

One reason for the tension between graduates and fans is that the graduates know the school is hard as hell, and it’s unforgiving. We also value those things, because when you work hard for something, you tend to place a premium on it. Sidewalk fans are, in my opinion, largely - though not exclusively- interested in the school only to the extent of their sports teams; it’s a similar arrangement to the one I have with the Braves. If they don’t win, I get frustrated. I have a complete understanding of why Tech isn’t on the same level as, say, FSU or Alabama or USC, and I’m fine with that. And since the graduates are the ones making the donations, the school will listen to us. If you want something different, my advice is to work hard, develop a marketable skill, make an *** ton of money, and buy what you want. They will listen then.

northgajacket

Banned
You aren’t a victim. Stop acting like one.

No one thinks a fan who didn’t attend the school has per se invalid opinions, so don’t hide behind that. If your opinions are wrong - and they are - then amend them or defend them better. And learn to accept criticism. It isn’t always personal.

One reason for the tension between graduates and fans is that the graduates know the school is hard as hell, and it’s unforgiving. We also value those things, because when you work hard for something, you tend to place a premium on it. Sidewalk fans are, in my opinion, largely - though not exclusively- interested in the school only to the extent of their sports teams; it’s a similar arrangement to the one I have with the Braves. If they don’t win, I get frustrated. I have a complete understanding of why Tech isn’t on the same level as, say, FSU or Alabama or USC, and I’m fine with that. And since the graduates are the ones making the donations, the school will listen to us. If you want something different, my advice is to work hard, develop a marketable skill, make an *** ton of money, and buy what you want. They will listen then.

All I said in the past was that there are ways around the recruiting problem, others have as well. I never even said that Tech should be on the same level Bama or other factories. Ok. I never said anything about victimization so spare me the crap.

northgajacket

Banned
Until then I will say I still think some of the posters on here should not have swarmed on the one poster who just wants a winning GT team. As for me I made some comments that were unacceptable and I apologize for the comments directed to @stech81

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Add Derrick Morgan to that list. Was a 4* coming out of out of H.S.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep. That he was. What about Vance Walker or Darryl Richards? Seems like Vance vastly overachieved his star rating. Can't remember exactly.

Until then I will say I still think some of the posters on here should not have swarmed on the one poster who just wants a winning GT team. As for me I made some comments that were unacceptable and I apologize for the comments directed to @stech81
Good move there. Hey, we all (hopefully) love Tech and want the teams in all sports to succeed. I think you are of that mindset too, but for some reason, it appears to me that you couldn't see that others here agreed with your earlier posts, but you didn't understand or accept their subsequent remarks. It's time for all of us here to put it behind us.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yep. That he was. What about Vance Walker or Darryl Richards? Seems like Vance vastly overachieved his star rating. Can't remember exactly.

I think Michael Johnson was a 3 star out of high school. I would say he vastly overachieved the bloggers' expectations.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I was too stubborn to drop...pulled my GPA up to a 2.1 the last 18 months........damn proud to be a GT graduate and people know what a degree from GT means. Small example....we had dinner with one of my wife's advisors from Ohio State a couple months ago. He is know around the world, and has made a fortune selling books he authored on behavioral psychology.( one is considered a bible in the field). It came up a n discussion that I had a degree from GT..you should have seen how his eye widened.

My dad traveled all over the country as a manufacturer's representative. Everywhere he went people knew about Georgia Tech. Literally every contact at every business was impressed that he had an engineering degree from the Institute. That was nearly a half century ago. Some things never change.