Just heard Tstan on 680

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I guess I am a "get off my lawn" old man, but I stand and I yell at clouds throughout the game.
fify. ;)

old.jpg

northgajacket

Banned
You're just killing opinions with facts, aren't you?

Like I said I made a mistake but it was on another site. That being said if you are okay with waving the white flag. Glad right ahead. I don't apologize for posting my comments even if they criticize your dear leader.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Defensive players have been better rated, no 5* but plenty of 4*, mainly recruited by the guy that this board hates the most.
"...the guy that this board hates the most." Coach Peyton? Coach Speed? Oh, you must mean the one whose very mention sends many into rage and righteous indignation? That would be Coach Roof.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You can throw more money into the program you can hire more people to help with recruiting . But the fact is if a kid don't want to come to Tech you can't make him. Having money and more coaches are great but point blank till we can sellout all home games and not sell our tickets to uga we will have a problem unless an athlete wants and is looking for an education first. With the rules we have to live by CPJ has done a great job. Oh and by the way I'm also old

You can throw more money into the program you can hire more people to help with recruiting . But the fact is if a kid don't want to come to Tech you can't make him. Having money and more coaches are great but point blank till we can sellout all home games and not sell our tickets to uga we will have a problem unless an athlete wants and is looking for an education first. With the rules we have to live by CPJ has done a great job. Oh and by the way I'm also old
What still amazes me is that the ND fans who usually fill their stadium week after week sold their tickets to mutt fans. So we apparently are not alone in doing that, although it definitely pisses me off that any Tech fan would do that.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Put up or shut up? Lol I'm not paid to come up with complex ideas for us to get better. I think we need to raise more money to get more staff for recruiting. Now it's the AD's job to get that done which i think he will. I'm just tired of alot of people's mindset on this board. If i dare to say CPJ is not a good recruiter I constantly get insults thrown at me.
Soooo … you don't really have any argument to make besides the obvious. Figures.

If you look around here you'll find that everybody would like us to do better, but that most of us know that unless you see your soul to the Devil (Nick Saban or his understudy Dabo, iow), you need a lot of luck and the stars to align for you to compete for a national championship, even when, like us, you have a tradition of doing so. (Example = Texas.) I know for a fact that Coach thinks we can win one with more effort and more money and I've always supported that. I hope you are right about Todd and I think you are. But simply coming around here and saying that Coach can't recruit because he doesn't pull in classes like Bammer's every year is mindless and ignores almost everything we know about football recruiting at Tech. If you have some sort of argument (besides throwing money at the problem, always my first option) that takes present conditions into consideration and makes sense, then present it. Otherwise … well, you read my last post.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Person 1: We aren’t winning as much as I’d like. It’s probably related to recruiting.

Person 2: Yeah, I mean, it’s probably at least partially related to that, but that brings a lot of other issues into play.

Person 1: We need more money for recruiting and more majors.

Person 2: We can’t just snap our fingers and get more majors, and are you paying the freight?

Person 1: We need to try harder, and no, I’m only an internet commenter; it’s not my job to execute all my problem solving ideas.

Person 2: The people are already working 100 hours a week.

Person 1: Derka derka recruiting.

Wall, to Person 2: Please come bang your head here. It’ll be easier that way.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
... show how does that system effect the defense recruits? Pass coverage, tackling is different how?

Of cousre the offensive system impacts defensive recruits.
I let u tell coach that next spring game and the fall scrimages we will not line up in his offense as the defense needs the first team guys to model the offenses they will be playing.

Or you can tell the defensive recruits not to worry - it's practice, you know practice, hey we have some walk on's on scout team for your practice, I mean practice against first team speed surely they see the need practice against the special offense we run.

I am all in on the spread option and that is and should the whole emphasis.

Now - a point to mitigate the impact lack of practicing against the standard offenses
3 ways.
1 st is bend dont break with big drops - 125 in 3 rd down stops doesn't work.
"IMO IN REGARD TO DEFENSE RECRUITING extreme bend but dont break learned against the scout team will scare off qualify recruits .

2 nd is be aggressive (much much better on 3 rd) and let the kids blitz. A recruit wants to take it to the guys on offense.
AT COACHES INSISTANCE WE HAVE MADE IT PAST BEND And we are being AGGRESSIVE .

3rd To recruit defenders that can ball (with our offense practice limits ) we need to be OCCASIONALLY AGRESSIVE IN SPADES. Our offense should allow us to be a different type defense. A defense that a talented defender can make a difference day one AND HAVE A CHANCE TO BE ON ESPN HIGH LITE.

Last edited:

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, there you go. Megatron only a 4 star? Perish the thought. Based upon production and how they turned out, I would speculate that he, Bey Bey, Dwyer, Michael Johnson (maybe), Joe Ham and Dez White should all have been 5 stars. But that is hind sight of course.
Add Derrick Morgan to that list. Was a 4* coming out of out of H.S.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The host asked if graduating players and just being good is enough which i thought was actually pretty disrespectful to ask in the first place and Tstan said no and that he wants to win Championships so I'm just saying I hope CPJ heard that because he seems pretty content with top 50 recruiting classes.
Well, keep in mind that part of the job description of any good reporter is to ask impertinent questions. The subjects almost always survive somebody in the crowd who is not a hero worshipper.