Ireland

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Need to start planning this trip. My buddy the season ticket holder, who often graces me with his ducats, has a kitchen pass for that week. We're both stoked like nobody's business but we've got some logistics and expenses to work out.

Animal02

Banned
Sorry but the all time worst beer is warm PBR. Sorry to get off on the tangent since Ireland has so many fine beers. Hope y'all enjoy those beers!
I remember when we had a "case" party at the house....everyone brought a case of beer.....back when beer was not as widely distributed as it is today. The next morning, out of 60 or so different cases, I think there was only weidemann's left. That was some nasty stuff.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
18 yrs ago, in my single days, I traveled to the Emerald Isle in the company of two single ladies, also teachers. In Dublin, the bars all closed at about 10 or 11 pm. I know, crazy. However, there were secret, underground establishments that were open to all hours that only the locals knew about. We called them the Irish speakeasies.

I'm not sure if this is still the case or not, but if it is, get to know some locals. It's not hard, they love the Yanks. (not the baseball team) Talk about the time of my life! At one point I was dancing in the center of a bevy of Irish beauties on a makeshift dance floor when suddenly the music morphed into a techno/tradition Irish gig. Before I knew it, I was Lord of the Dance!

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
18 yrs ago, in my single days, I traveled to the Emerald Isle in the company of two single ladies, also teachers. In Dublin, the bars all closed at about 10 or 11 pm. I know, crazy. However, there were secret, underground establishments that were open to all hours that only the locals knew about. We called them the Irish speakeasies.

I'm not sure if this is still the case or not, but if it is, get to know some locals. It's not hard, they love the Yanks. (not the baseball team) Talk about the time of my life! At one point I was dancing in the center of a bevy of Irish beauties on a makeshift dance floor when suddenly the music morphed into a techno/tradition Irish gig. Before I knew it, I was Lord of the Dance!

Is this you, Cheese :ROFLMAO:......

Animal02

Banned

15 years ago, the bars closed early......however, if you were staying in a hotel with a bar, you could get service all night

matthewevers

Georgia Tech Fan
For those of you who have beIN Sports on Directv or cable, you can see Ireland playing Wales tomorrow at noon EST in 6 Nations Rugby action at Aviva Stadium in Dublin. It will be cool to see what a sell-out crowd looks like in that venue. I hope GT-BC can do the same!

Very interesting. I wonder what BC got that they took 900K out of to give to Tech. I imagine they will still come out ahead, although it sounds like a good deal for Tech. I notice that one of the commenters said that the Globe had said that so far Tech has also sold about 5K tickets. I think that's pretty damn good. I ordered a ticket. I just got to figure out how to get there now....LOL

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I won't be there. I've been to Dublin and the trip is just too expensive. Here's something to get everybody up for it, however:

Johnson's Motor Car is especially appropriate, I think, but there is no tradition of revolutionary songs like Ireland's.