Ireland

LibertyTurns

Banned
O'Donoghue's. Anyone else here?
I was there about 2 hrs ago (three of us decked out prominently in GT gear)- old bald guy, tall 30yo ginger & 24yo fire plug. There were a half dozen Cougars shaking their stuff at our table. Couple of younger lasses in hooker heels in the 2nd/3rd rows trying to work their way up the waiting list. That would have been us if you were still there.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I was there about 2 hrs ago (three of us decked out prominently in GT gear)- old bald guy, tall 30yo ginger & 24yo fire plug. There were a half dozen Cougars shaking their stuff at our table. Couple of younger lasses in hooker heels in the 2nd/3rd rows trying to work their way up the waiting list. That would have been us if you were still there.
Nope, I must have missed you.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Looks like rain all day tomorrow. Changing anyone's tailgate plans? Anyone know a pub that will be open at 9? I think I saw one mentioned on another post.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So ....

7 Scottish guys flying over to Dublin right now and all backing Georgia Tech ( I'm a Lions fan so seemed a good fit cause of Calvin ).

Where you guys meeting up tonight or tomorrow ?
Stags Head is the better of the two official GT bars/pubs. I'm headed there at some point tonight after grub. Gameday chat tomorrow from Aviva. Go Jackets!!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Stags Head is the better of the two official GT bars/pubs. I'm headed there at some point tonight after grub. Gameday chat tomorrow from Aviva. Go Jackets!!
14835.gif

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I've just learned that the sale of alcohol prior to 10:30 AM is illegal. Anyone know if the Trinity tailgate has an exception? If not I may just go straight to he stadium

matthewevers

Georgia Tech Fan
image.jpeg
Great few days of sport in Dublin. Tipperary (underdog) beat Kilkenny today in the All-Ireland Hurling Championship at Croke Park (80,000+ fans). The Tipperary team celebration was at our hotel (Doubletree - Burlington Road), and some of the team were gracious enough to pose with the trophy (Captain Brendan Maher is on the far left).
This is in addition to Ireland-Oman soccer friendly Thursday night, Leinster-Treviso Guiness Rugby Pro12 season opener Friday night, and of course GT-BC American College Football game Saturday (all games in Dublin!).

UK Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan