Ireland

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I've chilled out considerably as the years go by. I used to brood terribly after losses. So much so, my wife couldn't stand to be around me. I still hate to lose, but can enjoy the pageantry of college football gameday, regardless of outcome, though winning makes it more special. I had a damn good time up in South Bend last year even with the loss. Had a mini family reunion with my brothers and their families and loved the campus. That would have been hard to do about 10/15 yrs ago.
Having a kid is what mellowed me out towards losses. I'm still pretty depressed after a tough loss but I see my daughter's happy face and it makes it all ok.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
So you must not have let your daughter watch any of the Yellow Jackets games last year.

If she did sneak one then hopefully it was the F$U white out game.

Animal02

Banned
That's pretty much the way I am feeling. I've already been on a nice tour of Ireland and I hate to go just for a football game, even if it IS a Tech game. I am, however, toying with the idea of going ahead and getting one ticket and deciding later if I have enough Delta FF points to fly for free. Of course, there's still the problem of lodging. What to do, what to do? LOL

Same here. Already spent two weeks there, and will be coming off a huge trip in July......going to Tanzania for about a month. Will have to settle for drinking early and watching it on the big screen.

Same here. Already spent two weeks there, and will be coming off a huge trip in July......going to Tanzania for about a month. Will have to settle for drinking early and watching it on the big screen.
I'm spending 6 weeks in northern Greece and the Balkans in June/July, so unless I can figure out a way to use FF points and fly for free, I just can't afford it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Got mine. 6 days of solid drinking to look forward in one of the world's best beer drinking spots to until I need to stumble back to work. Great way to kickoff the football season!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Got mine. 6 days of solid drinking to look forward in one of the world's best beer drinking spots to until I need to stumble back to work. Great way to kickoff the football season!

Best is extremely relative in a category with no bad, but I would put pilsner and lager regions ahead of stout and ale regions.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I hope the coaching staff reminded this to recruits about us Playing across the pond. Also playing in the new dome in 17. That to me would be exciting to a teenager.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Best is extremely relative in a category with no bad, but I would put pilsner and lager regions ahead of stout and ale regions.
You obviously have not partaken in the some of the following fine "high class" brews if you think there's no bad:
Carling's Black Label
Hamm's
Lucky Lager, Lucky Lager Light
Tusker Lager
Beer (white can, black letters)
Schmidts
Drewry's

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You obviously have not partaken in the some of the following fine "high class" brews if you think there's no bad:
Carling's Black Label
Hamm's
Tusker Lager
Schmidts
Drewry's

Difference between "beer drinking spots" and "beers" seems to have eluded you.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Carling's Black Label
Hamm's
Tusker Lager
Schmidts
Drewry's
I was telling someone the other day about drinking BEER beer. (White can, black letters). I thought we were the only ones.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Carling's Black Label
Hamm's
Tusker Lager
Schmidts
Drewry's

Sorry but the all time worst beer is warm PBR. Sorry to get off on the tangent since Ireland has so many fine beers. Hope y'all enjoy those beers!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We have 3 tickets and can't wait to start this next football season off with a bang!!
Could you be meanin' banger, lad?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangers

PorkBangers-515-500x416.jpg

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
How do they decide who/how many from band, cheerleaders, and gold rush get to go?

We got paid for 55 all expenses paid for (flight and ground). But instead of only taking 55, we are adding whoever else wants to go and splitting the costs for the extra people to everyone. As for who, anyone who will not be a freshman (logistic with incoming freshman would be difficult) and in marching band are eligible to go as long as they pay their share. Im not sure about cheerleaders, but I highly doubt goldrush since goldrush are not usually on away trips (besides bowl games).

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
How do they decide who/how many from band, cheerleaders, and gold rush get to go?

We got paid for 55 all expenses paid for (flight and ground). But instead of only taking 55, we are adding whoever else wants to go and splitting the costs for the extra people to everyone. As for who, anyone who will not be a freshman (logistic with incoming freshman would be difficult) and in marching band are eligible to go as long as they pay their share. Im not sure about cheerleaders, but I highly doubt goldrush since goldrush are not usually on away trips (besides bowl games).