How much are we to blame?

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am to blame, because of the state of the program I am choosing not to buy tickets this year. I am not going to take my annual trip with the kids to see a game. It is to expensive for me to watch bad football. Maybe if I lived in GA it would be different. Make some changes, do something that makes me think the school cares about football half as much as I do. Then and only then will I make more trips to the best damn stadium in the country.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
My seats are close to the aisle between sections 101 and 102. This aisle appears to be where recruits and NFL scouts exit the field. I can tell you that I haven’t seen one that looked too excited as they walked past.

It’s been a while since I’ve had a good game day experience and I really wonder what the recruits are thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
My seats are close to the aisle between sections 101 and 102. This aisle appears to be where recruits and NFL scouts exit the field. I can tell you that I haven’t seen one that looked too excited as they walked past.

It’s been a while since I’ve had a good game day experience and I really wonder what the recruits are thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was a recruit at the game last Saturday, I'd probably be wondering why Clemson was playing a home game in ATL. The amount of orange in our stadium was more embarrassing than the results on the field.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I too like TStan, he's one of us, great hire, but NOW is the time to act this is not a time for "wait and see", our stock as a football program is in the balance.

Ok. So act NOW. Cut that check NOW. Encourage others to donate freely NOW. Unless we commit to spending freely on this program, doing anything else right now is just changing the color of the lipstick on the pig.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Ok. So act NOW. Cut that check NOW. Encourage others to donate freely NOW. Unless we commit to spending freely on this program, doing anything else right now is just changing the color of the lipstick on the pig.

OK, let's just be satisfied with the results and continue to whine about it .. we're GT we have no money, nobody will come and coach here, we have the Hill against us, yada yada yada.
Yes, changes need to be made ... you are the smart guy, tell me what changes you would make.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
This x 1000. Even if somebody wants CPJ gone we still need a larger recruiting staff and support staff plus facility improvements.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
OK, let's just be satisfied with the results and continue to whine about it .. we're GT we have no money, nobody will come and coach here, we have the Hill against us, yada yada yada.
Yes, changes need to be made ... you are the smart guy, tell me what changes you would make.

How much money do I have to make them? If i'm looking to renovate my house, my budget will drive what is possible for me to do. I can go cheap and quick and put in the imitation stuff that won't last, and maybe I can flip a rental, or I can invest in high quality work that will keep their value and last a lifetime. The same principle applies here. I am not saying we have to keep CPJ to be successful. If we fire him, or let him retire, GT will still field a football team next season. Maybe a change in coach will be for the better. BUT, if we don't address the REAL PROBLEMS, which is the amount we are spending on football, then all we are doing is kicking the can down the road a few more years.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I agree about the $$$, we can't keep up with the factories but yes we need to improve.
I also think eventually the NCAA (or somebody) will have to put a cap on spending, it's already gotten out-of- hand
And BTW, although I do think it's time for a coaching change my point wasn't just all about CPJ.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
and Wake Forest is a much better program, bottom line is our money coming in is going up, our ROI is way way way down.

Since 2008, (same time frame CPJ has been at GT), WF football has had three winning seasons, never winning more than 8 games. Please explain to me how that makes them a "much better program."

In reality, considering how little we spend, the very fact that we went bowling all but two years of the last 10 means our ROI is exceptional.