How much are we to blame?

I know this won’t be popular, but I’d like to stay with this offense. I’d like nothing more than to win big games again running a “high school offense”. It was so much fun in 08, 09, 14, and 16.

I’d go for hiring Monken, and upping our game in recruiting.
My thoughts exactly.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Tstan is going to turn the whole thing around. I am confident of the direction he is taking our football program. But unfortunately (not trying to be negative) I honestly do not see it happening with CPJ there unless major changes occur. Tstan has made changes and he is spearheading GT football back to where it belongs.
I not going to disagree with you, but unless CPJ decides his time has come Tstan is in a bad position after giving him an extension.

Yeah, and we STILL have better attendance than Stanford and Arizona and Michigan State and a bunch of schools that we seem to be implying we have an inferior fan base to, or that succeed in recruiting even though they have a smaller fan base than we do.

A lot of us keep looking for excuses. So a lot of students are in the computer lab or the library. So what—the student section of the stadium is full. If it was bigger then we’d get even more students in the stands.

Someone says our classes are too hard. We’ve brought our graduation rates up for the overall student body and for our athletes. It’s 81.5%. The Garage at Tech Square will let you create just about anything, and there are tons of creative outlets. CPJ has one of the better APR rates in the ACC.

Someone says there are no women and there’s no fun to be had. The percentage of women has been rising for years, and I don’t think the players have any problems finding dates. There’s more opportunities to enjoy yourself in and around campus than ever before, and if you can’t find a special someone in Atlanta, I don’t know what to say.

Likewise, if you can’t find fun in Atlanta, where are you looking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The student section is seldom full. It was not full yesterday, even though it was reported that the student tickets had sold out. It was probably about 90% full yesterday, and of that 90%, I'd say 75% of them didn't get there till mid-way the first quarter. There was a game last year, I forget which one, where the rather large fraternity section (I would guess about 3 to 4K in size) probably had only about 100 students sitting in it. I agree with your other points though.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I give my money, my time, my attention, I made edits for recruits before our social media team got their stuff together idk what more I can do. I love Tech and always will, but I’ll take no blame for any of the problems they are having because they are all self inflicted. You want to have a good football team you gotta spend money and make Football a priority. Until now Tech had shown no effort in doing that and now that they do show effort it’s too late for this coach to see any of the benefits. I do think we as fans should be more proud and loud, seriously most fans only show passion when Tech plays UGA, WHY?!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this won’t be popular, but I’d like to stay with this offense. I’d like nothing more than to win big games again running a “high school offense”. It was so much fun in 08, 09, 14, and 16.

I like our offense too and would love to see it continue but if CPJ retires or is fired, I don't think the next coach will be from his coaching tree. We'll be forced to have a totally new offense.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

It’s time for a change. Tech doesn’t win because of this offense alone anymore. Most of the teams we beat, we could beat them with a more modern offense just as easy.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

I wouldn’t mind it either, I don’t think a lot of fans would support it though and in return it could hurt us.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I give my money, my time, my attention, I made edits for recruits before our social media team got their stuff together idk what more I can do. I love Tech and always will, but I’ll take no blame for any of the problems they are having because they are all self inflicted. You want to have a good football team you gotta spend money and make Football a priority. Until now Tech had shown no effort in doing that and now that they do show effort it’s too late for this coach to see any of the benefits. I do think we as fans should be more proud and loud, seriously most fans only show passion when Tech plays UGA, WHY?!
Complete and Total agreement !!

LibertyTurns

Banned
I not going to disagree with you, but unless CPJ decides his time has come Tstan is in a bad position after giving him an extension.
We always fire coaches right after we give them extensions. It costs more that way and confuses everyone at the same time. At GT that’s just how we roll.

slugboy

Staff member
The student section is seldom full. It was not full yesterday, even though it was reported that the student tickets had sold out. It was probably about 90% full yesterday, and of that 90%, I'd say 75% of them didn't get there till mid-way the first quarter. There was a game last year, I forget which one, where the rather large fraternity section (I would guess about 3 to 4K in size) probably had only about 100 students sitting in it. I agree with your other points though.

For unused student tickets, all you have to do is put a gate expiration on them. If they aren’t in their seats before a time limit, say the end of the first, void them and re-release them as additional student tickets

The fraternity sections have been a problem for ages. It’s time to fix that. Let them know to use them or lose them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like Josh Heupel, head coach at UCF.
Josh- besides being a good person (son gas known and talked to him frequently since days he was at OU. Today on way back fr ok m Atk I called and asked son about Josh and Gt. He said Josh has a good thing going and thinks they can become very good at football, but .....$ and some recruiting commitments bg gt ut ciukd happen. Not much history at ucf.

If we if we go more wide open offense , he has learned under mike leach. Also has nation wide big u experience (OU ASU etc) . Josh was a college ab. He handles the qb and that should help in q. recruiting.

if we stick with the counter option, . qb almost never passes offense , monken is our best choice. I am not sold that has a broad enough background to recruit and to reach passing .

In 10 years we have had one ol coach. If we wanted to replace him with some one of "equal or better " experience we could not find one. That's because of the limited supply from which to recruit.

Ga tech has unique academics that limits player sources.

The style of offense limits our ast coaching sources.

If we are 4-5 at Miami game it will take nerves of steel to not be looking.

A. If we end up 5-7 (no bowl) , no matter what the coach contract says about remaining years we can expect recruiting to suffer .

B. If we start winning ( and match my prediction) and go 7-5 & while havingc some really good games, we would continue w coach and the current offense.

Decide at Duke game!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It cracks me up when people blame fumbles on coaching. Like you said, you can teach high and tight and you can even run drill after drill but as a coach you aren’t the one fumbling. Blame a coach for mental mistakes of players, not physical issues. JMO.
I looked through my binoculars at several of the plays and gave empathy for the players as the Clemson defenders wer on the runner at same time as the m ball arrived.
Would love a video analysis of each.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I looked through my binoculars at several of the plays and gave empathy for the players as the Clemson defenders wer on the runner at same time as the m ball arrived.
Would love a video analysis of each.
We seem to struggle with the old school concept of letting the game play out...if there is nothing there go down and get them on the next play...instead the current thinking is to try for a miracle which typicslty ends in a catastrophe...ie 8-9 fumbles...it's lunacy, you are handing them the game. We have a great punter make them work!

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Josh- besides being a good person (son gas known and talked to him frequently since days he was at OU. Today on way back fr ok m Atk I called and asked son about Josh and Gt. He said Josh has a good thing going and thinks they can become very good at football, but .....$ and some recruiting commitments bg gt ut ciukd happen. Not much history at ucf.

If we if we go more wide open offense , he has learned under mike leach. Also has nation wide big u experience (OU ASU etc) . Josh was a college ab. He handles the qb and that should help in q. recruiting.

if we stick with the counter option, . qb almost never passes offense , monken is our best choice. I am not sold that has a broad enough background to recruit and to reach passing .

In 10 years we have had one ol coach. If we wanted to replace him with some one of "equal or better " experience we could not find one. That's because of the limited supply from which to recruit.

Ga tech has unique academics that limits player sources.

The style of offense limits our ast coaching sources.

If we are 4-5 at Miami game it will take nerves of steel to not be looking.

A. If we end up 5-7 (no bowl) , no matter what the coach contract says about remaining years we can expect recruiting to suffer .

B. If we start winning ( and match my prediction) and go 7-5 & while havingc some really good games, we would continue w coach and the current offense.

Decide at Duke game!
Very hard to figure out what this says.
But yes I agree with you ice, Heupel would be a really great hire. I'm just curious if he would want to leave a great situation at UCF for here?

Milwaukee

Banned
It cracks me up when people blame fumbles on coaching. Like you said, you can teach high and tight and you can even run drill after drill but as a coach you aren’t the one fumbling. Blame a coach for mental mistakes of players, not physical issues. JMO.

Who tf do you blame it on when it happens every game? The players? Okay...I'll wait for your response about how bad our players are that they don't know how to hold on to a football. Seriously, I'll wait right here. Gtfoh.

So you can be the ******* that blames the players or you can be the ******* who blames the coaches. Your move, but it ain't "coincidence" I can guaran-dam-tee it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Very hard to figure out what this says.
But yes I agree with you ice, Heupel would be a really great hire. I'm just curious if he would want to leave a great situation at UCF for here?
Sorry for the auto correct gibberish.

Not sure if he will leave after he gets established. He has been jerked around as an ast coach.

If early in the" you are winning at ucf but u r not Scott frost time", he might. Buddy lives in Orlando and says the town loves SF.

Son says he would like gt as it is a legendary football that has fallen. Would see this as a more national stage = UCF plays folks in a weaker conference. The games with Clemson, miami, uga would be a big attraction to him. We would need to give him some commitment on recruiting nationally.

I don't know if he is ready for a head coach position but after talking w son i am sure he could make stuff happen on offense - to quote him = a helluva offensive football mind.

Memo to T Stan - please handle.

Back to just cheering for Will Bryan to be released for duty on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

FUNNY AT CLEMSON
Watched Hansen limping around as he came off field. Then i see Will Bryan talk to him and they head over to training table . After that hansen is up on table and Will and he are looking at his ankle.
Shortly, here come the trainers and take over for Dr Beard.
20180922_182130.jpg

This young man has done what ever gt asked.

Milwaukee

Banned
I am a big CPJ supporter but this is part of the reason I say I’m ready for change. Wether right or wrong, a lot of fans are not behind him and because of the day and age we are in with football it will continue to hurt GT. Imo a change would help bring a hype to get fans more involved, however we could easily run into the same issue in just a few short years.

Why are you ready for change if the coaching isn't a problem? Lol...

I hate bagging on our own fans but cats like you who have no clue about football and are hypocrites contradicting themselves every other post make our problem worse.

Until you know what you're talking about just stay in the neighborhood threads. Or don't, keep talking in circles I don't care.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Blaming what few fans we have for the shape of the GTAA and its programs is akin to blaming the few people who bought Pacers and Gremlins for the demise of the American Motor Company imo. The GTAA (and the people who pick the people to run the GTAA) have been incompetent in their leadership and stewardship of the program. I really hope that Todd can provide the leadership that has been gone since Dr. Rice retired. Decades of poor management take a toll on any organization.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Are a lot of our fans "bad fans" or "cheap fans" or "not doing their part"? Absolutely, but that's common in any fan base because people are human.
Two years ago even Nick Saban was complaining about the Tide fan base not being supportive at games. So you are right, they have so many fans it is not as noticeable but it is probably the same percentage of "bad fans."