How much are we to blame?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We’re #42 in attendance over the last 5 years, right behind Louisville and UNC, and ahead of Arizona, Stanford, TCU, UCF, Maryland, Michigan State, Cal, Duke, and a lot of others.

That’s with 3 out of last 4 seasons not being bowl eligible.
Our fan base is plenty big enough and good enough to support solid recruiting and a great game day experience.

We have a ton of excuses, but most of them are just excuses. We have enough to be successful, and then some. We have more than enough advantages to offset any of the excuses. We are a great school. We’re in a great city. We have championships. We have history. We turn out great people.

If we constantly focus on why we can’t instead of what our assets are, we’ll get nowhere.

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...attendance-rankings-five-year-biggest-average

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What would our attendance in comparison be without Clemson fans and mutts butts in seats?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Sorry for the auto correct gibberish.

Not sure if he will leave after he gets established. He has been jerked around as an ast coach.

If early in the" you are winning at ucf but u r not Scott frost time", he might. Buddy lives in Orlando and says the town loves SF.

Son says he would like gt as it is a legendary football that has fallen. Would see this as a more national stage = UCF plays folks in a weaker conference. The games with Clemson, miami, uga would be a big attraction to him. We would need to give him some commitment on recruiting nationally.

I don't know if he is ready for a head coach position but after talking w son i am sure he could make stuff happen on offense - to quote him = a helluva offensive football mind.

Memo to T Stan - please handle.

Back to just cheering for Will Bryan to be released for duty on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!

FUNNY AT CLEMSON
Watched Hansen limping around as he came off field. Then i see Will Bryan talk to him and they head over to training table . After that hansen is up on table and Will and he are looking at his ankle.
Shortly, here come the trainers and take over for Dr Beard. View attachment 4190
This young man has done what ever gt asked.
Ok, who knows T Stan and can get in contact with him lol? Let him know, we the fans want Josh!!!!!

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
We’re #42 in attendance over the last 5 years, right behind Louisville and UNC, and ahead of Arizona, Stanford, TCU, UCF, Maryland, Michigan State, Cal, Duke, and a lot of others.

That’s with 3 out of last 4 seasons not being bowl eligible.
Our fan base is plenty big enough and good enough to support solid recruiting and a great game day experience.

We have a ton of excuses, but most of them are just excuses. We have enough to be successful, and then some. We have more than enough advantages to offset any of the excuses. We are a great school. We’re in a great city. We have championships. We have history. We turn out great people.

If we constantly focus on why we can’t instead of what our assets are, we’ll get nowhere.

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...attendance-rankings-five-year-biggest-average

This is where I'm at. I'm really tired of hearing about why we can't do this or that. We can if we care enough to find a way to do it.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we as fans share in the blame.

Can’t be successful without resources. Those resources require money. Where does the money come from? People buying tickets, donating, etc.

I know several middle aged GT grads that make good money that don’t buy tickets. They have lame excuses. They also complain about the program. If you’re not going to buy tickets and show up, then shut up. You’re part of the problem.

Also, be honest: how good of an ambassador is the average GT fan? How likely are they to attract new fans to our program? That’s how most people get pulled into being a fan of one team or another....someone invites them, they have a good time (not just about the results on the field. Biggest thing is socializing with fun people), and they want to go again.

You can’t bring in new fans saying the program is a 6-6 program.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well the fans can’t do anything more than what the results are.
In a decade span GT has had 3 10 Win seasons. That’s not gonna move the needle to quell perception. Not to mention the offense has always had detractors. When the bowl streak is broken and losing seasons are adding up what would the expectations of fans to be?

slugboy

Staff member
Probably the same as Michigan State without Michigan and Ohio State and Stanford without USC and Oregon.

And TCU has Texas, Oklahoma, WVU, and Oklahoma State, among others. Let’s not even get into Kentucky or some of the other SEC schools.

There are a ton of programs that would trade our limitations or problems for theirs.

There is a lot we can improve, and I think we have the AD in place to do it. It’s not going to happen overnight though.

Deleted member 2897

Those fans who **** all over social media (especially those that do so on the players on social media accounts) can go straight to hell. You know they're a bunch of 130 pound dork pansies who couldn't catch a football to save their lives and would literally die from one hard tackle on a football field. But behind a keyboard they're big time fellas.

Animal02

Banned
For unused student tickets, all you have to do is put a gate expiration on them. If they aren’t in their seats before a time limit, say the end of the first, void them and re-release them as additional student tickets

The fraternity sections have been a problem for ages. It’s time to fix that. Let them know to use them or lose them.

Back in the late 70's and early 80's the students that got there early got better seats and the late comers got stuck in the north north stands. Students filled from the 20-30 yard line to the endzone in both the upper and lower East and spilled into the old north bleachers.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
do The students really have to pay to get in ?

Serious question. If they do then my next question is why ?

Trying to create a loyal folllowing should include allowing the students who are paying for the education to discover their sports programs, with classmates FREE !

Why in the hell are we allowing Clemson or Ga fans to sit in our stadium while telling students to come up with the money ?

I’m not asking for the simple answer which is revenue. I’m asking based on the fact that most games have 30-35 thousand tickets sold. Doesn’t that mean that 20-25 seats are open ? Yet we wonder why the fan base is small.

Jezz at least give the tickets to youth groups. If the seats are empty anyway what’s the loss ?

Hell tell the students to come dressed in school colors and it’s free, it will look like we have 40,000 solid Tech fans in the stadium rather than 15,000 Tech fans and 30,000 Clemson fans.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
To answer your question Ballin,

Fans are fans. I think they are the same anywhere for any sport. I don’t follow FB or Twitter b/c I generally don’t care what others are doing at any given time of day, so I find it unfortunate that the players are being attacked via that forum.

As is demonstrated on this site, rarely will fans agree on anything.

The ones responsible are the ones in charge. The ones who can actually make changes are the ones who seem to be sleep walking. T Stan seems to be proof of this, he cares so he is doing things but prior to him who did ?

It seems like baseball, football and basketball have all ended up in the same place and not to be a smartass but it’s not CPJ’s offense that’s costing Hall or Pastner games or fans.

So if cpj is gone, we are suddenly an elite football team, our fans are always happy people who don't bag players or coaches on social media, and we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya. Sounds great!

I don't do social media so those "fans" can go straight to hell (I don't think any of them are on GTSwarm either btw).

If CPJ stays, it's more losing seasons and a near-complete loss of the fanbase.