#GTCamp2016

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
This is the type of thing I'm looking for on a systemic basis. Even though it may have been a 2 to 3 star upgrade as @InsideLB said,
Scout and others do increase star ratings depending on the number and quality of offers a recruit has. Edit: I saw @InsideLB post on this and took some stuff out since he's raising the topic in the other post.

Don't get me wrong in this. I root for GT since we try and do it right. Our athletes are not as big, strong, fast and agile to start with in HS as the perennial top 20 teams. The wins are all the sweeter when they do happen. But we don't have the schematic advantage on D that we have with CPJ on O with the flexbone. So I expect the D to be lower in rankings.
Wouldn't it suck to fell sick after every year you don't when a national championship and point to one injury or one bad call or one play and say that's the reason why, Where 10-3 or 11-2 is a bad season and have nothing to be proud about. It would be nice to win 9-10 games every year but look at how most sidewalk uga fans view their program.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is the type of thing I'm looking for on a systemic basis. Even though it may have been a 2 to 3 star upgrade as @InsideLB said,
Scout and others do increase star ratings depending on the number and quality of offers a recruit has. Edit: I saw @InsideLB post on this and took some stuff out since he's raising the topic in the other post.

Don't get me wrong in this. I root for GT since we try and do it right. Our athletes are not as big, strong, fast and agile to start with in HS as the perennial top 20 teams. The wins are all the sweeter when they do happen. But we don't have the schematic advantage on D that we have with CPJ on O with the flexbone. So I expect the D to be lower in rankings.
Let me back up and say I probably shouldn't have said we have 3 stars that should have been 4 stars. I do however believe IMO that some of our recruits were 4 star talents coming out of high school, now of course highlights don't tell everything because that's exactly what they are, highlights. But guys like Jordan Woods who was a 4 star on one site, AJ Gray who wasn't a 4 star probably because he went to a small school and didn't play that great of competition, Brant Mitchell, Brandon Adams who had one of the most popular guy for highschool football in Tennessee say he was the best player in their region along with a 2017 RB, victor Alexander, Christian philpott, Dedrick mills. These are all guys that if you look at other 4 star recruits highlights you won't be able to tell a difference imo, but for various reasons of playing smaller schools or not going to camps(which plays a major role in rankings) are 3 stars. That's what cpj is talking about when he says you can't tell the difference between the 20th ranked player at a position and the 40th at that same position. Now of course this is just my opinion but I don't think there is much of an argument to this. I'm not saying every guy that we recruit is a 4 star but I believe there are some that are.

Let me back up and say I probably shouldn't have said we have 3 stars that should have been 4 stars. I do however believe IMO that some of our recruits were 4 star talents coming out of high school, now of course highlights don't tell everything because that's exactly what they are, highlights. But guys like Jordan Woods who was a 4 star on one site, AJ Gray who wasn't a 4 star probably because he went to a small school and didn't play that great of competition, Brant Mitchell, Brandon Adams who had one of the most popular guy for highschool football in Tennessee say he was the best player in their region along with a 2017 RB, victor Alexander, Christian philpott, Dedrick mills. These are all guys that if you look at other 4 star recruits highlights you won't be able to tell a difference imo, but for various reasons of playing smaller schools or not going to camps(which plays a major role in rankings) are 3 stars. That's what cpj is talking about when he says you can't tell the difference between the 20th ranked player at a position and the 40th at that same position. Now of course this is just my opinion but I don't think there is much of an argument to this. I'm not saying every guy that we recruit is a 4 star but I believe there are some that are.
AJ was athlete of the year in the state of Georgia, so, regardless of the competition, somebody realized he was great. I just don't see how the level of competition would drop him a star when he was recognized by everyone to bet so good.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Glad for no major injuries in 2-deep. Sounds like Jordan Woods needs surgery for sometging based on one after practice interview. That sucks but he seems like the type to bounce back.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don't think CPJ has had a kid like LJ in his system at GT. Very curious to see how he would fit.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think CPJ has had a kid like LJ in his system at GT. Very curious to see how he would fit.
Although it is a question for another year, I agree. It is interesting to see how the O will evolve if LJ does in fact take over. VL might have given a glimpse of this. When I think of his time here, I just wonder how crazy good our offense would have been had he embraced the option concepts and dedicated himself to learning them. With the rest of our personnel, it will be important to be a good option QB, but just think of the stuff you could add to it!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Although it is a question for another year, I agree. It is interesting to see how the O will evolve if LJ does in fact take over. VL might have given a glimpse of this. When I think of his time here, I just wonder how crazy good our offense would have been had he embraced the option concepts and dedicated himself to learning them. With the rest of our personnel, it will be important to be a good option QB, but just think of the stuff you could add to it!

I don't think we'll see quite the changes in the O we saw with Vad, but I would think CPJ wouldn't waste what appears to be a good part of his talent.

@flea77 Will looks like the Hulk. If he keeps this up you'll be having tailgates on Sunday's.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Overall I am pretty upbeat about the coaches comments through camp. CPJ has not been this positive about our O since I can remember. In just under two weeks we will find out what we have. The biggest question mark on offense in my mind is still WR. I know our guys have been working hard, but I don't have a gut feeling on what we have there. Ricky and Brad need to bring that physical force and soft hands that we saw with Smelter. I can't wait to see what we got.